What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Last night had to whistle up food fast.

Toasted (dry) some cumin, basil, chilli, salt, and fenugreek in pan. Once toasted, added butter and olive oil. Turned down heat. Laid fish fillets on spices, until thawed, then raised heat. Steam fried until just cooked. Served over plain rice with fried onions, and a splash of soy sauce.

Guests pronounced it excellent.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Lunchables! I know what you're all thinking... "Namutree, lunchables for dinner? You've lost your mind; lunchables are for lunch." Yet I say, a pox on such notions. I won't be bound by titles. I desire lunchables for dinner, and luchables I shall have.

• Like 4

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

When my wife it working I do most of the cooking. Tonight it's summer squash casserole and buttermilk biscuits. I don't normally go vegetarian but, well it's been a long time since we went to the grocery store  so there isn't much in the way of meat. I haven't even seen a male deer yet this year so no hunting success, I can't make rabbit because ever since Stephanie named them they stopped being livestock and became pets. I could go fishing but college football is on today soooo.... no meat for dinner. 

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went shopping yesterday and Stop & Shop always has rotisserie chicken on sale on Fridays.  Better yet, it was about as fresh as possibly can be as I literally watched the guy take it off the spit and package it moments before I grabbed it.  Needless to say, I devoured much of that chicken yesterday.  Today, I picked the rest of the bird clean, fried up some bacon, chopped up some cheese and veggies, and made an awesome chicken, bacon, and cheddar salad.  I love me some salad. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

When my wife it working I do most of the cooking. Tonight it's summer squash casserole and buttermilk biscuits. I don't normally go vegetarian but, well it's been a long time since we went to the grocery store  so there isn't much in the way of meat. I haven't even seen a male deer yet this year so no hunting success, I can't make rabbit because ever since Stephanie named them they stopped being livestock and became pets. I could go fishing but college football is on today soooo.... no meat for dinner. 

If giving meat a name stopped you eating it, what would become of Jesus?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh it wouldn't stop me. I have no qualms about the taste of fried rabbit just because it had a name. However... some folks who live in my house are more sentimental than I am,

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I roasted a pork loin and ate it with cole slaw and bread. Drank Obsidian stout alongside it, and will now drink a Cuba Libre made with cherry cola.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh it wouldn't stop me. I have no qualms about the taste of fried rabbit just because it had a name. However... some folks who live in my house are more sentimental than I am,

I personally won't eat any animal I've had as a pet either.  That means iguanas, rats, and cats are out...  This, of course, requires the leap of faith that when I get Chinese takeout, that is indeed pork, beef, or chicken I'm being served.  :unsure:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I personally won't eat any animal I've had as a pet either.  That means iguanas, rats, and cats are out...  This, of course, requires the leap of faith that when I get Chinese takeout, that is indeed pork, beef, or chicken I'm being served.  :unsure:

Frankly I'd take good honest free-range dog over the bootleg chicken many takeaways serve.

-Elwood Blues

I don't WANT to eat dog. Frankly there's no need whatsoever.

-Elwood Blues

My friend ate dog when he was in Korea. Asked him how it tasted. He told me it tasted terrible.

I wouldn't be surprised if I've gotten dog meat at some Asian place in all my years of eating meat that tastes and looks weird.

The truth is that a hungry dog, when given the choice, would certainly eat you.

And who can blame him? I'm free range, herb fed, and drink beer. I'm ****ing kobe beef.

EDIT: Apparently I am actually http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsusaka_beef

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

-Elwood Blues

I had steak for supper last with potato wedges. I make this killer cheese sauce which really compliments any meal ...that is if you like cheese. But who doesn't like cheese :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You guys realize I was talking about rabbits right? My dogs have less than zero chance of ever being eaten. Heck if food was scarce I'd feed them before I fed myself.

I was talking about the last two rabbits. I started raising rabbits for food but my wife got attached to them and now the last two are named Poundcake and Bunny and if I ever even considered cooking them I'd need a divorce lawyer. No, they are destined to dies of old age and I'm destined to net get any fried rabbit. But that's ok.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell