What you did today

Rosbjerg

Smart Phone Positives - When you're sick in bed and can't get to a computer, you can still check news online and hazily make out interesting forum points.

Smart Phone Negatives - Fever-texting can be as dangerous as drunk texting...

ROFL. Come on then, I'll bite. You texted your ex?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had a nothing day where I just went to class, went and changed the paperwork for my car over to Iowa, then went to work... and I'll be working for ANOTHER 8 ish hours because of stupid reasons.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Had to check my eye at my doctor. Something is wrong but I don't know what. A bit worried because I have two blind uncles.

Two of the best looking women I know (one is a medical doctor, the other one a former model turned nurse) work with people who have eye problems. I wonder how many people hope that all women are going to look as good as the one they see first after a procedure. Or is it a field where the ladies feel they will be left most at peace, because their patients are blind? :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

When you're in the middle of a dream and a scantily clad pretty girl turns up, you tend to think "oh its sliding into one of those dreams", when it's followed by a dozen odd variations of Baron Harkonnen suddenly start spinning across the landscape you wake in a bit of a terror and confusion.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

When you're in the middle of a dream and a scantily clad pretty girl turns up, you tend to think "oh its sliding into one of those dreams", when it's followed by a dozen odd variations of Baron Harkonnen suddenly start spinning across the landscape you wake in a bit of a terror and confusion.

I don't know but your feverish dreams sound pretty cool to me :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had to check my eye at my doctor. Something is wrong but I don't know what. A bit worried because I have two blind uncles.

Two of the best looking women I know (one is a medical doctor, the other one a former model turned nurse) work with people who have eye problems. I wonder how many people hope that all women are going to look as good as the one they see first after a procedure. Or is it a field where the ladies feel they will be left most at peace, because their patients are blind? :p

There was a very good looking intern when I was there. The doctor kept telling me to look left but I kept looking right. Had to tell her I have a condition that makes me unable to control my yeyes.

#ilikehotinterns

My Facebook feed is full of people getting married. What is this? Invasion of the Bachelorsnatchers?

You hit 30? 29?

Nah around then was the first invasion. 34 now, so the stragglers are being mopped up it seems.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

My Facebook feed is full of people getting married. What is this? Invasion of the Bachelorsnatchers?

You hit 30? 29?

Nah around then was the first invasion. 34 now, so the stragglers are being mopped up it seems.

Oh, good, I still got two years.

All my FB contacts got married when they were 24-26, looks like the single ones have dried up.  Also means 5 year marks approaching, get to see how my bets turned out.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's funny how it works - last year when I broke up with my gf of 3 years (I had been in relationships for almost 6 years at that point) ALL my old friends felt really sorry for me. Now I wouldn't get married and get kids at the same time as them.

But now of course they all live vicarious single-lives through me :grin:

• Like 5

Fortune favors the bald.

It's funny how it works - last year when I broke up with my gf of 3 years (I had been in relationships for almost 6 years at that point) ALL my old friends felt really sorry for me. Now I wouldn't get married and get kids at the same time as them.

But now of course they all live vicarious single-lives through me :grin:

Mine are all morally affronted and think I should hook up with a woman 10 years older than me.

I think I need to revisit the concept of friends and who I count among those.

You're worried? My friends have threatened to buy me a bride if I don't get atleast one girlfriend before I'm 30...

They are crazy enough to be serious about it too... >_<

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

You're worried? My friends have threatened to buy me a bride if I don't get atleast one girlfriend before I'm 30...

:lol:

Speak to Oby, we'll get you a nice Russian :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Maybe Pixies should hold another Obsidian Dating Roulette.. Which reminds me, I never broke up with Kumquat3..

You dog.

Today I'm going to cram for finals, will spend the next week doing this.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

At least your friends are ready to do something else than provide bad ideas: "why do you date college freshmen, you should have a real woman, preferably a single mother" :p

• Like 2

Misread of the day:

"Troll plan for A14 [road] halted"

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Where is the A14 anyway?

People drive on that?

Not when trolls are on the loose.

-Elwood Blues

Today I was in a hurry when I left my house to go to a business meeting, when I came back I realized I lost my key to my bedroom/living room. I hadn't the slightest clue where I put it and I couldn't disassemble the lock or use my lock picks because my tools are all stored in my living room. Kicking the door in wasn't an option because it opened in my direction and using my 20lbs railway hammer wouldn't have worked either because its a door with a 1'' thick hardened steel core. 

Windows? Yeah, they're are not accessible with a ladder smaller than those installed on fire trucks, its a three story house. Prybar - nope, steel frame. 

Fortunately I found it when I was looking for a shotgun slug shell to ''unlock'' the door with my shotgun. I'm sure one 1 ounce 2 3/4 slug to the locking bar would have done the trick without messing up the entire door (it would have repairable), the guys in A-Stan do that all the time when clearing houses. ;)

I'm tired. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I was in a hurry when I left my house to go to a business meeting, when I came back I realized I lost my key to my bedroom/living room. I hadn't the slightest clue where I put it and I couldn't disassemble the lock or use my lock picks because my tools are all stored in my living room. Kicking the door in wasn't an option because it opened in my direction and using my 20lbs railway hammer wouldn't have worked either because its a door with a 1'' thick hardened steel core. 

Windows? Yeah, they're are not accessible with a ladder smaller than those installed on fire trucks, its a three story house. Prybar - nope, steel frame. 

Fortunately I found it when I was looking for a shotgun slug shell to ''unlock'' the door with my shotgun. I'm sure one 1 ounce 2 3/4 slug to the locking bar would have done the trick without messing up the entire door (it would have repairable), the guys in A-Stan do that all the time when clearing houses. ;)

I'm tired. 

Not wishing to sound pedestrian. But wouldn't a locksmith have made more sense?

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues