What you did today

Rosbjerg

It's good to clear the air that way.  Well, unless people start pulling weapons.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Double shift yesterday. Very busy day.

My back feels like it's a kerplunk set. Slept pretty well, though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can state quite categorically, I hate freaking fevers. Rthe combo of chills, shivvers and higjh temp. Thise draining aches in the joints and spreading out. The pounding ****ing spike between the eyes. Not a happy bunny going through a night like that. EsPecially whEn the mind is going buggy, take last night I got stuck witha star wars hud appearing in my head (with some odd steampunk twist). I really dislike fevers

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Take it easy, Raithe. But see if you can keep the HUD. Sounds amazing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Struggling a bit with insomnia. This picture is calming me down.

Kitten9.jpg

Awwwww!

I melted a little bit, right when I saw that.

It's interesting, isn't it? i don't even like cats, but I can actually feel my blood pressure falling when I look at the pic for more than about ten seconds.

-Elwood Blues

Think I'm a bit ill as well. Slept through the afternoon and had ridiculous dreams which ended with G.R.R. Martin, assisted by Kenzi from Lost Girl, hunting terrorists in the basement of an old, abandoned villa (authorities were refusing to respond to the 911 call). They (Martin and Kenzi) were in turn being stalked by a shapeshifting alien that had assumed the shape of Rose Tyler. It had disguised the Tardis as the magical wardrobe leading to Narnia and had found a wrist device that would turn the wearer invisible, but not the things they were hlding in their hands. As the alien had munchies, slices of pizza and cheetos would hover in the air before disappearing. The alien was being followed by the real Rose Tyler and the 11th Doctor. The Doctor was modifying his sonic screw driver to detect the invisible alien walking at that time right in front of them, when I woke up.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I can state quite categorically, I hate freaking fevers. Rthe combo of chills, shivvers and higjh temp. Thise draining aches in the joints and spreading out. The pounding ****ing spike between the eyes. Not a happy bunny going through a night like that. EsPecially whEn the mind is going buggy, take last night I got stuck witha star wars hud appearing in my head (with some odd steampunk twist). I really dislike fevers

Yikes, you have my sympathies there, hope you get well soon!

Though I'd like to add, I'd trade the Steampunk StarWars hud for being chased by giant onions down hills.

It's interesting, isn't it? i don't even like cats, but I can actually feel my blood pressure falling when I look at the pic for more than about ten seconds.

Hehe, yeah! As someone that absolutely adores cats, it brings me much fuzzies in the belly and a stupid cheshire grin on my face. :biggrin:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's wonderful to be an Arsenal fan, until March when we will throw it all away, of course. But hey, live in the present!

Watched my team lose, my day was ruined.

85QWWbQ.jpg

Looking good for my team now, as usual they will screw it up somehow, but eh.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

30+ hours in bed sweating trhis fever out. Think its finally broken,just got the headachw and odd sweat chills. So much for my weekend. Still, moms pain meds kick aspirins ass. Giess I'll see if sleep kicks in now and whAt the Monday start will bring.

• Like 1

So I had a pretty weird experience yesterday. My neighbor rings my doorbell around 2:30 in the afternoon and says "Some girls mother fell down the stairs and died. She out on the street screaming." So I walk outside with him and sure enough there is a 20-something woman sitting in her mothers front yard, hysterically crying into her phone. She must have just discovered the body because the police and fire rescue weren't there yet but I could hear the sirens on the horizon. She was still talking to 911 and I could hear her saying between sobs that "She must have come home drunk and fallen down the stairs. I just found her at the bottom of the stairs with her neck broken." Two cops in separate SUV's come tearing down the street, throw it in park and jump out of their still running vehicles, and dash into the house. At this point the woman is so overstimulated that she vomits in her from yard. The fire truck and ambulance show up next and at that point I feel a bit like a vulture and go back inside. It was very sad to see her grief play out in real time like that.

Could happen to any of us, I guess. Poor daughter, though, to just have that sprung on you.

-Elwood Blues

Really looking forward to some good health at some point this week. Forced. Myself to try eating something, got about halfway through soome scrambled eggs and toast before the queasy hit. Even finding tea isn't tasting good, which is downright wrong. Headache seems to die down, the the moment I stand up and become vertical it flares back. Damn it, I missed most of the steam sales because of it. >_<

Really looking forward to some good health at some point this week. Forced. Myself to try eating something, got about halfway through soome scrambled eggs and toast before the queasy hit. Even finding tea isn't tasting good, which is downright wrong. Headache seems to die down, the the moment I stand up and become vertical it flares back. Damn it, I missed most of the steam sales because of it. >_<

Your body has just saved you >£30. Rejoice!

-Elwood Blues

There's stuff worth buying on these Steam sales ? :p

I bought Shadowrun - I think I might like it, but I need to get used to the campy writing.

And I messed up academically, so worst case scenario I might be ½ year late. Annoying, but completly my own fault.

Fortune favors the bald.

that's a nasty surprise to come home to for sure. I hope that her mother didn't die young.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I bought Shadowrun - I think I might like it, but I need to get used to the campy writing.

Two words: "Hoi, chummer"

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Smart Phone Positives - When you're sick in bed and can't get to a computer, you can still check news online and hazily make out interesting forum points.

Smart Phone Negatives - Fever-texting can be as dangerous as drunk texting...

• Like 1