RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

Thoughts:

• It looks fairly pretty, as much as I can gather from shakycam anyway.
  • "Combat intensive" - *sigh*
  • It looks like they're still trying to straddle the line between action RPG and tactical RPG, combat looks like DA2 combat with pretty effects to make it look more impressive (not a compliment)
  • The way the character leaned to one side and put his hand down occasionally to keep his balance on uneven ground was nice.
  • Controls look like they're very much built around a controller.  It would be nice if they built a separate control scheme for PC, but I'm not holding my breath
Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Frostbite engine, so... no modding the poo out of the game either.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

At least they are more upfront this time around. Now I know what to expect and will look to the more interesting parts of the game, such as upgrading forts and rebuilding the lands (also finding Anders and putting him in the ground again(because he is alive in DA:I even if we killed him in DA2?)).

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

"Combat intensive" - *sigh*

While I think it'd be great if we went away from this too, the legacy of BioWare's games has always been very combat intensive.

Controls look like they're very much built around a controller.  It would be nice if they built a separate control scheme for PC, but I'm not holding my breath

Can you elaborate?

EDIT: Feel free to take this to the DAI thread.

Edited by alanschu

I prefer the uncertain Chris Avellone.

Still, that's pretty freaking awesome. Maybe I'll finally make time to play it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Goodbye Deponia is racist and sexist

I will still give it a go though.  I guess in a way it is nice to have a game where the protagonist is an utter douchebag.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I will still give it a go though.  I guess in a way it is nice to have a game where the protagonist is an utter douchebag.

Game looks sad, I won't support any game that has such an abject and complete disregard for social issues and discrimination

I am surprised you would wont to play this game Malc?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've played the first one and have the second in the queue, I hate leaving series unfinished if it's not too unbearable.   It is RPS'  take on it, after all, so how evil the game is or how the situations are interpreted might not be accurate.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bruce, have you ever watched One and Half Men show?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I haven't played it yet, but it seems to me that the game is just a mix of teen/black humor that this generation simply can't get with all their "serious concerns for sexual equality" etc. Maybe I'll give it a try.

The trailer doesn't seem funny or racist though, it's insipid.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I've played the first one and have the second in the queue, I hate leaving series unfinished if it's not too unbearable.   It is RPS'  take on it, after all, so how evil the game is or how the situations are interpreted might not be accurate.

Its more the principle, the game seems to have a total disregard for social issues that create unhappiness for many people who are victims of discrimination and bigotry.

I have no reason to believe that RPS would exaggerate how bad the game is as I know they take these things seriously. Saying that the only way I could truly judge the game would be to play it myself but I really don't know if I can put myself through that :ermm:

Yes on occasion, its okay. The humour isn't really my thing.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

this generation simply can't get with all their "serious concerns for sexual equality" etc. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Is it the fact that this generation can't get it or is it the fact that this generation believes that the days of companies benefitting from socially unacceptable themes, like sexism and racism,  won't be supported  by people anymore?

John Milton 

I haven't played it yet, but it seems to me that the game is just a mix of teen/black humor that this generation simply can't get with all their "serious concerns for sexual equality" etc. Maybe I'll give it a try.

The trailer doesn't seem funny or racist though, it's insipid.

As much as I like RPS, and I do, they definitely do some serious white knighting over there, so grain of salt and all that.

Here's some Child of Light gameplay with developer commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8CKhHHz0Rk

Grandia combat system + metroidvania exploration + insanely gorgeous art style?

:w00t:

*NGH!*

Excuse me, I have to go change my tidy whities.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ugh that sounds worse than the Runaway games and their gay bashing.

Seems I need to add another adventure game dev studio to my "don't buy list" And it seems I need t play adventure games before buying a backlog from a dev studio...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

There was gay bashing in the Runaway games ? The drag queens in the first game is the only close situation coming to mind.  Seems really like GD is just populated with jerks saying jerky stuff, hence a problem. 

Edited by Malcador

There was gay bashing in the Runaway games ? The drag queens in the first game is the only close situation coming to mind.  Seems really like GD is just populated with jerks saying jerky stuff, hence a problem. 

The first game was great. The drag queens seemed like a reference to certain movies.

The second one turned into one looong dumb gay joke. Every discusssion with every character made jokes about the main character being in a gay relationship with the wierd scientist guy. Probably "bashing" is a strong word. But when the joke is repeated ad nauseum, it stops being an unfunny punch-line.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Game looks sad, I won't support any game that has such an abject and complete disregard for social issues and discrimination

I am surprised you would wont to play this game Malc?

Based on the premise of the article, i was expecting a game where the main character was a racial supremacist, leading his horde of thugs on a quest to commit genocide on all the lesser races. All while having a harem women pleasure-slaves.

Sadly, i was dissapointed :(

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The first game was great. The drag queens seemed like a reference to certain movies.

The second one turned into one looong dumb gay joke. Every discusssion with every character made jokes about the main character being in a gay relationship with the wierd scientist guy. Probably "bashing" is a strong word. But when the joke is repeated ad nauseum, it stops being an unfunny punch-line.

Thanks for the input, another game to add to my list of " not to ever play" :)

John Milton 

So not bashing at all, but people just making an over used joke ? Doesn't seem all that bad. Plenty of others reasons to have issue with that game - descends into some looniness with the UFOs and such.

Edited by Malcador

Its more the principle, the game seems to have a total disregard for social issues that create unhappiness for many people who are victims of discrimination and bigotry.

I have no reason to believe that RPS would exaggerate how bad the game is as I know they take these things seriously. Saying that the only way I could truly judge the game would be to play it myself but I really don't know if I can put myself through that :ermm:

First thing is, that lot of current jurnalist are bringing up the "sexist" card only to get more hits on their site, which brings them more revenue. Be honest, how many of you, who do not frequently visit the RPS, clicked on the link and read the article, just because you wanted to know how sexist is the game?

And I asked about Two and Half men, because many "white kinghts" are depicting the series as an prime example of how sexist is our entertainment... What makes me laugh everytime I see it, is that it is one of the favorite shows of my sister... She does not feel offended, because she is intelligent enough to see the difference between parody of relationships in modern society, and sexism.

And she loves How I Met Your Mother, too.... And not despite Barney, but mainly because of him, because he and his "girlfirends" are a nice example of parody of modern relationship in our society as well...

So let the strong women, which know how to protect themselves from harm, decide what they find funny and what not by themselves... Only damsels in distress need white knights to protect them...

Thank you...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

First thing is, that lot of current jurnalist are bringing up the "sexist" card only to get more hits on their site, which brings them more revenue. Be honest, how many of you, who do not frequently visit the RPS, clicked on the link and read the article, just because you wanted to know how sexist is the game?

So basically "never bring up the term or I can dismiss you for doing it purely to collect hits?"

And I asked about Two and Half men, because many "white kinghts" are depicting the series as an prime example of how sexist is our entertainment... What makes me laugh everytime I see it, is that it is one of the favorite shows of my sister... She does not feel offended, because she is intelligent enough to see the difference between parody of relationships in modern society, and sexism.

And she loves How I Met Your Mother, too.... And not despite Barney, but mainly because of him, because he and his "girlfirends" are a nice example of parody of modern relationship in our society as well...

So let the strong women, which know how to protect themselves from harm, decide what they find funny and what not by themselves... Only damsels in distress need white knights to protect them...

Thank you...

You make some good and reasonable points  but we mustn't kid ourselves. Sexism is alive and real and we need to reject it when we are confronted by it in society, especially in a game where there are so many other things a developer could focus on

John Milton 

As a person often labeled as "white knight", I'll come and out myself as a Two and a Half Men fan. Love the show. At least when it had Charlie Sheen. While it is disrespectful towards women, it isn't exactly respectful towards men either. Or can anyone imagine themselves suggesting that Charlie and Alan are awesome male role models? :p

I love the show as it is equal opportunity disrespectfull.

• Like 1