The Funny Things Thread.

Rosbjerg

I live in a "dangerous" neigbourhood.. and I've never even had a hint of trouble.. and no one here robs a house with gun - Gorgon managed to scare 2 junkies away with a broom, that should tell you all you need to know.

Then better hope that you'll never be the target of a really dangerous burglar or burglars. I like being prepared though, totally beats hoping in my book.

I'd be interested to see what the statistics are on how many people are victims of a home invasion and would have been able to prevent it if armed with a gun.  I mean, sure, it may make you feel better, but if the odds are the same as getting hit by lightning, I'm not going to walk around wearing a large lightning deflection rod on my head just in case.  

Power armour. Live in it. Then your home is a castle. With fists.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I live in a "dangerous" neigbourhood.. and I've never even had a hint of trouble.. and no one here robs a house with gun - Gorgon managed to scare 2 junkies away with a broom, that should tell you all you need to know.

Then better hope that you'll never be the target of a really dangerous burglar or burglars. I like being prepared though, totally beats hoping in my book.

I'd be interested to see what the statistics are on how many people are victims of a home invasion and would have been able to prevent it if armed with a gun.  I mean, sure, it may make you feel better, but if the odds are the same as getting hit by lightning, I'm not going to walk around wearing a large lightning deflection rod on my head just in case.

That'd be one hell of a statistic to gather that they "would have" been able to prevent it if they had a gun.  How do you determine that, exactly ?  Doesn't really matter what you decide to defend yourself with - a gun is no more evil than a sword or a iron rod - never hurts to at least be prepared.  

Shotguns would work best I think, the racking sound is intimidating in its own right.

Also  85D37.jpg

Don't think they would be very effective at it, to be honest

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It can be entertaining when authors post potential snippets from future books.

"There's nothing wrong with Girl Scouts." Their mother took off her heels with a sigh of relief. "I thought – oh what's her name…?"

"Elle Pondwater." Louise supplied the name and four glasses.

"Yes, that Elle's mother ran the girl scouts and you thought she was materialistic and extremely controlling. What's changed?"

Since it was true, Louise let Jillian field the question.

"By ignoring the Girl Scouts, we were allowing Elle to control that power base. By infiltrating that clique, we could disrupt her monopoly on it."

Their mother pursed her lips, studying Jillian with eyes narrowed. "I am never sure to be dismayed or proud when you talk that way."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky just to be alive, and he'll figure out how to catch another one for you to take tomorrow..."

I believe i've seen this somewhere in the House of Commons.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You are right, the odds to get robbed  are so low we don't have to take precautions. According to this reasoning I probably should throw my fire extinguisher out of my window because the odds are tiny that I'll ever need it. Or stop using use seatbelts because the danger of having a deadly accident where a seatbelt could save my life is statistically really low. Or watching for trains when crossing tracks with my car.

Yeah, no.

And comparing the danger of getting robbed with getting struck with lightning is really....puh-leeze. Read the news, a bunch of people get robbed daily, and that in my little country. I'm not talking about getting hit by meteors.

I say if you can make easy precautions that make sense AND make you feel better, what speaks against them? Better have it and not need it that need it and not have it. And when you need it, you NEED it.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

That eagle trainer would have been right at home in the attractive women thread... :wub:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You are right, the odds to get robbed  are so low we don't have to take precautions. According to this reasoning I probably should throw my fire extinguisher out of my window because the odds are tiny that I'll ever need it. Or stop using use seatbelts because the danger of having a deadly accident where a seatbelt could save my life is statistically really low. Or watching for trains when crossing tracks with my car.

Yeah, no.

And comparing the danger of getting robbed with getting struck with lightning is really....puh-leeze. Read the news, a bunch of people get robbed daily, and that in my little country. I'm not talking about getting hit by meteors.

I say if you can make easy precautions that make sense AND make you feel better, what speaks against them? Better have it and not need it that need it and not have it. And when you need it, you NEED it.

But there are also a lot of precautions you can take for home safety that don't require firearms.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with you having them if it works for you, but you are acting like it is the only solution.  It's a good solution for people you are trained and comfortable in the use of firearms.  For me, the risks of having them in a house with small children plus the costs of a gun safe, training, and the guns themselves are simply not worth it.  I'm also confident in the quick response time of my local police, I'd think differently if I lived in a more rural area.

So my married friend, fed up with her life of non-debauchery, decided to tag along with me over the weekend..

tumblr_mea9wqzdbK1rl7213o1_500.gif

She had simple expectations

2usalww.gif

Obviously unaware of what she was getting herself into.

bOBvqXQ.gif

We did what we do best..

tumblr_inline_mo31gtT8VZ1qz4rgp.gif

After a lot of shots and flirting, she got a little.. frisky

tumblr_inline_mkhqu1HjiV1qz4rgp.gif

We were dancing, when suddenly I noticed where her hands were going..

whoops.gif?w=640

I quickly tried diverting attention and asked a girl, who had been staring at her, to cut in on my behalf..

Mrw when she just continued where she left and her new partner was totally onboard..

209_the-rock-smiling.gif

After an hour the girls were still at it (open marriage btw)..

The petting get's a little intense and suddenly they both get up and leave.. me and my buddy quickly exchanged looks.

giphy.gif

and did a little bicurious celebration dance

tumblr_mdfsqiuC6a1qb7ql5o1_500.gif

And everyone went home happy that night..

• Like 6

Fortune favors the bald.

Sometimes the point of making a point is really just to make a point... doesn't have to be logical :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Australia Meets Star Wars..

http://youtu.be/mhTn8cjm9ZM

You son of a bitch. I'm thirsty now, and it's not even 10 a.m.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Now that had everything.

-Elwood Blues

Sometimes the point of making a point is really just to make a point... doesn't have to be logical :)

You can't make a point if you don't have a point, I think...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man