What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

For that random tv trivia..  and those Dr Who fans who watched the Christmas Episode, how many realised that Aunt Linda was the voice of Atris in Kotor 2?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I just found out Marvel owns the TV rights to all their characters. So technically theycould have Spider-man and the X-Men on Agenta of SHIELD.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So I learned that season 3 of sherlock ends tonight (the UK version which is so much better)

which means, there's 3 episodes of sherlock I haven't seen yet. Hooray!

I seem to recall ladycrimson that you too enjoyed this show a lot? well, it's back.

Edit, ofc I could have expected that the last posts in this thread are on about it.

That's what you get when you don;t keep up with every thread. oh well.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Golden Globes, 9/10, entertaining. I would do anything to get drunk with Emma Thompson--her mic-drop as a presenter killed.

And now I really want to go see 'Her', except there's no way I'm going by myself to that show--wait, they just showed a preview for Sherlock on PBS and Watson has a moustache!  

All Stop. On Screen.

-wait, they just showed a preview for Sherlock on PBS and Watson has a moustache!

He doesn't keep it. They just did it for people like me who were like "ITS WRONG! WATSON NEEDS A MOUSTACHE!"

Speaking of which... ending of ep 3 equals thumbs up from me.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

It does look absolutely enthralling, I just wish it was mandatory for everyone to read the books. Then they would understand true entertainment :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It does look absolutely enthralling, I just wish it was mandatory for everyone to read the books. Then they would understand true entertainment :geek:

But if everyone read the books they would know why Tyrion is in chains and we couldn't be all waiting for them to find out all excitedly.

Devastatorsig.jpg

But if everyone read the books they would know why Tyrion is in chains and we couldn't be all waiting for them to find out all excitedly.

True but the books offer more insight and mental stimulation than the movies around the characters and there motives. You can still watch the TV series for the visual experience. 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

True but the books offer more insight and mental stimulation than the movies around the characters and there motives. You can still watch the TV series for the visual experience. 

If by visual experience, you mean all the fine ladies in the show, then yes, I watch it for that reason.

If by visual experience, you mean all the fine ladies in the show, then yes, I watch it for that reason.

Yes the ladies are well worth seeing, especially Daenerys Targaryen :sweat:

• Like 1

John Milton 

To be honest, the books are released so many decades apart that I only remember the bare bones of the plot, so watching the show still surprises me regularly.

Yeah the time lapse between the books can take ages, I read them all about 3 years ago and then Dance with Dragons when it was released so the story was relatively fresh in my mind

John Milton 

Sherlock Ssn3 Eps3 - That was more like it. I'd give that episode an 8.5 and the first two 7.5

But the last 5 minutes of eps. 3? A 10. Bwahaha, perfect.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I still say I expected Watson to do it, not Sherlock.

Out of curiosity I picked up Veronica Mars and am currently doing a marathon.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Found out today that Fox is doing a 'Firefly' with Almost Human and showing the episodes out of order. From what I could find out, these are the episodes that have aired and their correct episode number.

Air date and Actual Order it should be:
◾1.01 Pilot (Actual episode: #1.01)
◾1.02 “Skin”- (Actual episode: #1.05)
◾1.03 “Are You Receiving” – (Actual episode: #1.06)
◾1.04 “The Bends” – (Actual episode: #1.07)
◾1.05 “Blood Brothers” – (Actual episode: #1.08)
◾1.06 “Arrhythmia” – (Actual episode: #1.03)
◾1.07 “Simon Says” – (Actual episode: #1.10)
◾1.08 “You Are Here” – (Actual episode: #1.02)

We're still missing episodes 4 and 9. It's probably why there's no underlying story arc to be seen and why some episodes have Kennex and Dorian being best friends and other episodes they're not. However, the creator JH Wyman has said 'it's all okay' as the rest of the episodes will make sense. But I think he's just saying that to please his Masters (Fox).

I've decided to not watch this until all the episodes are out and then I'll re-organise/rename them and watch it from the start in the correct order.

• Like 2

Found out today that Fox is doing a 'Firefly' with Almost Human and showing the episodes out of order.

A lot of shows do that at least occasionally. Star Trek:TNG did it semi-frequently, IIRC, and the original ST did it a few times. I've really only noticed minor inconsistencies when it happens...rarely anything major plot or chr. building wise. eg, it only seems weird or misplaced once you know it's weird and misplaced.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw a bit of Chicago PD, had to laugh at it with all the "bad cops that get results" nonsense. Best moment was one screaming at another to take a suspect's eye out so he'd say where the cop's kid was.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Found out today that Fox is doing a 'Firefly' with Almost Human and showing the episodes out of order. From what I could find out, these are the episodes that have aired and their correct episode number.

Air date and Actual Order it should be:

◾1.01 Pilot (Actual episode: #1.01)

◾1.02 “Skin”- (Actual episode: #1.05)

◾1.03 “Are You Receiving” – (Actual episode: #1.06)

◾1.04 “The Bends” – (Actual episode: #1.07)

◾1.05 “Blood Brothers” – (Actual episode: #1.08)

◾1.06 “Arrhythmia” – (Actual episode: #1.03)

◾1.07 “Simon Says” – (Actual episode: #1.10)

◾1.08 “You Are Here” – (Actual episode: #1.02)

We're still missing episodes 4 and 9. It's probably why there's no underlying story arc to be seen and why some episodes have Kennex and Dorian being best friends and other episodes they're not. However, the creator JH Wyman has said 'it's all okay' as the rest of the episodes will make sense. But I think he's just saying that to please his Masters (Fox).

I've decided to not watch this until all the episodes are out and then I'll re-organise/rename them and watch it from the start in the correct order.

Yes I do the same, I never skip episodes of a series I'm enjoying. Good call on your side :)

John Milton 

I was very disappointed with season 3 of sherlock, it wasn't nearly as good as the first two seasons.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.