What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

Bates Motel is a great show. The actor that plays Norman really does the character justice. Vera Farmiga is also great as the mother. The TV show is a very good prequel to the original Psycho (not the terrible remake). It is a little jarring at first since the prequel is set as today while the original was back in the 1960s.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

I watched an episode of Black Sails. Didn't enjoy it.

If they mess with Preacher, so help me I will destroy them all.

AMC will feel the wrath of Walsingham.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I watched an episode of Black Sails. Didn't enjoy it.

If they mess with Preacher, so help me I will destroy them all.

AMC will feel the wrath of Walsingham.

I'm like Bin Laden up in here. Bored rich kid. All I need is an excuse, yo.

...Was that racist?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bates Motel is a great show. The actor that plays Norman really does the character justice. Vera Farmiga is also great as the mother. The TV show is a very good prequel to the original Psycho (not the terrible remake). It is a little jarring at first since the prequel is set as today while the original was back in the 1960s.

I've wondered about trying the series.  Huge fan of the original movie (and enjoyed for what they some of the previous derivative works EXCEPT the remake which was just wrong-headed IMO).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I recommend it. You watch the characters evolve (or devolve) even though you know the ending of the series, but it's the journey that's great to watch. The original Psycho was set in the present in its day and the TV series is also set in the present. But obviously the present today is a lot different to the present 50 years ago, so things that we take for granted today (mobiles phones) seem out of place compared to the original movie. I thought it was going to be set in the 1960s, but they choose the present. Maybe it was too expensive to do everything, 1960s style.

I'm watching Farscape. I'm surprised by all the episodes I skip in watching it nowadays. I love the show, but half of the filler episodes are crap. I, ET and Home on the Remains I think I'm watched once since I started getting DVD/Blu-Ray versions.

I think it's primarily an issue of the first two seasons before they get the tone down.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not really TV series but I've been watching a lot of the 30/30 ESPN sports docs on Netflix. Some are better than others, while a few were mostly interesting to me because I remember watching it as it happened (Tonya Harding). I especially liked the one that wondered why sports fans/media so wants a "scapegoat" when teams don't win, and how often the scapegoat may not even have been the biggest (rational) factor.

Also, Heads Up, a documentary re: contact sports and concussion risks. Interesting (if not surprising) and a little frightening, mostly in terms of young children. Maybe mild head concussions where "no one even thinks it's a concussion" experiences explains a few things about me. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not really TV series but I've been watching a lot of the 30/30 ESPN sports docs on Netflix. Some are better than others, while a few were mostly interesting to me because I remember watching it as it happened (Tonya Harding). I especially liked the one that wondered why sports fans/media so wants a "scapegoat" when teams don't win, and how often the scapegoat may not even have been the biggest (rational) factor.

Also, Heads Up, a documentary re: contact sports and concussion risks. Interesting (if not surprising) and a little frightening, mostly in terms of young children. Maybe mild head concussions where "no one even thinks it's a concussion" experiences explains a few things about me. :lol:

My favorite 30/30 was the Bo Jackson.  That guy basically exists on a different plane.

I recently seen the first episode of Helix, IMO it is a uninspired time waster. On the other hand HBOs 'True detectives' so far I am loving it, but then again I love crazy detectives.

Also surprised that to learn that True blood still running, didn't care much for it other then its intro, love it.

I recently seen the first episode of Helix, IMO it is a uninspired time waster. On the other hand HBOs 'True detectives' so far I am loving it, but then again I love crazy detectives.

Also surprised that to learn that True blood still running, didn't care much for it other then its intro, love it.

I'm enjoying Helix, it does get better and there are some serious plot twists so you should keep watching it. Good old True Blood, its still my second favourite TV series :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I liked the first couple of minutes, the foreboding condemnation warnings and the futuresk aesthetics. But once I figured it will be about "zombies" outbreak, hiding in the ventilation shafts I said pass. Also what kind of retard security chief don't realize that the reason someone will chop off a hand is exactly why he had to meet his new guests couple of hours ago.(it was soo obvious)

As far as I see this show lives on two things, the BIG secret behind this whole thing(i can assure you that the soldier boy is not it, they will change it midways to have another BIG secret behind it) and you liking the characters, thus the sexy(voice/look) whatever his name, the barely legal assistant and the predictable love triangle. (sex scene incoming)

It can be a good time waster for someone who hasn't seen this same thing hundreds of times before.

So I was catching up on some Almost Human episodes (it's starting to get better, I think) and during an ad break they played the teaser for the new upcoming 24. I didn't realize they were making a new 24 and seeing this, especially when the "Live another day" subtitle rolled onscreen made my eyes roll into the back of my head.

But who knows...might be...watchable? I did love the first 2-3 seasons of 24 - the format/repeated premise just became more and more unsustainable after that, for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F136aPh2YUo

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well this 24 isn't actually going to be 24 episodes. They're actually compressing time so that 24 hours will be shown in about 6 or so episodes if I remember rightly...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I did love the first 2-3 seasons of 24 - the format/repeated premise just became more and more unsustainable after that, for me.

Pretty much this. Perfect example how studios over milking ideas.

I never seen Almost Human, what it is about? ( sound like another show about a group of people with superhuman abilities divided into two, good guys working for the government and bad guys who want to bring new world order.(or the opposite)

--

p.s. in my previous post it suppose to be contamination not condemnation. I should really pay much much more attention to post and make sure I clicked the right option in the spell checker.

I never seen Almost Human, what it is about? ( sound like another show about a group of people with superhuman abilities divided into two, good guys working for the government and bad guys who want to bring new world order.(or the opposite)

--

p.s. in my previous post it suppose to be contamination not condemnation. I should really pay much much more attention to post and make sure I clicked the right option in the spell checker.

Fairly different from that.

Almost Human is a sci-fi cop show. Set in the near future, a cop who dislikes robots ends up with a cyborg leg, and an old model android partner (the model removed from service due to being designed to develop "emotions").

It has Karl Urban as the main cop and Michael Ealy as the android.

Fairly pulp noir in a cyberpunkish-setting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654580/

As for 24.. The premise was good. But as they kept doing new seasons it kind of went from "Highly Competent Agent Baur leads a competent team"  to "James-Bond Style Agent Baur with some help" to "Super Agent Baur with sidekicks" to "Superman Baur and his tag-alongs"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks, for the clarification and link :) At the moment I am not really looking for action orientated show, but I might check it out later on..

'House of Cards' sound like something I would like to watch right now, but no Netflix for me, so I maybe next year? any idea if there are plans to release it?

Edited by Mor

Thanks, for the clarification and link :) At the moment I am not really looking for action orientated show, but I might check it out later on..

'House of Cards' sound like something I would like to watch right now, but no Netflix for me, so I maybe next year? any idea if there are plans to release it?

Its already out. $35 on amazon.ca, didn't check elsewhere.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Walking Dead - psychotic little girl is going to annoy me to no end, I can tell. Especially when other chrs. are going to not realize and defend her and stuff, I bet. :disguise: I guess she and her sister are the TV show's answer to the comic's Ben and Billy, perhaps. Which isn't to say they'll follow the comic plot points. Only that they're that type of chr. dynamic.

Too many chrs. in this episode, not enough individual focus ala Rick/Carl last time. But it sufficed to show where the rest of the "group" ended up/what their situations are.

Lost Girl. I think it was the finale. Not bad, but the armies of Hel are pretty lame if they just stream out and fight each other. My biggest problem with the show is how they jump around sometimes making you feel like you missed something.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The After sounds like the only one I might be interested in. But we don't get the service in Canada anyway.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I watched The After. It's Chris Carter doing his thing. He even said the universe is set in the Millenium universe. There are some needed areas of improvement / polishing. but I was intrigued and would like to see more, it has potential. It hasn't been green lit, so we won't know if there'll be a second episode. Maybe in 6 months we find out if it's been green lit or cancelled.

• Like 1