What you did today

Rosbjerg

I just finished today's classes. Going to go to a party tonight where I intend to get gloriously drunk and hopefully meet up with a girl.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Lady Guard Dog? Has she said yes?

Today I drank a little bit, hung out with some friends, and am considering transfering to UT Austin.

I haven't asked her yet. I'm going to do it while we're away. I'm hoping for moonlit Hawaiian beach or something memorably cheesy like that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I drank a little bit, hung out with some friends, and am considering transfering to UT Austin.

I haven't asked her yet. I'm going to do it while we're away. I'm hoping for moonlit Hawaiian beach or something memorably cheesy like that.

I had no idea you were such a romantic. If she says no, that will make things incredibly awkward.

Well, I'm off now. Hope I don't have the misfortune to encounter a crazy Austrian girl who will try to castrate me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Damn curiosity made me visit a body builder forum and I couldn't resist to read a couple of threads there. Oh boy, big mistake, its going to take me years to grow back the IQ I just lost there.....

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Eh, just do it efficiently via an Outlook meeting invite (old coworker did that) :D

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

LadyC do you work during the day?

Not often at this point, no. It's been a long time since I had a full-time job/hours and even when I had one, the schedules were very flexible because I never did 9-5 work and have done freelance stuff since I was 24-25 or so (my schedule was what I wanted it to be).

I don't think that has anything to do with it tho. I think it's more likely from moving back to live in a place I don't really like that much. It was necessary (moving) and it's working well in some ways, but ... blah. Sometimes one just gets tired of feeling like everything you do is a repeat, after a few decades or more I guess. Maybe I should get a pilot's license and a small plane.

Submitted the paper work to adopt a kitty. He's less than 6 months.

A mixed mongrel type of kitty or a particular breed? There's a few breeds where I've always wanted to get one, but I never want to pay the giant breeder fee so... :)

He's kinda a mongrel calico kitteh. Waiting for the Humane society to clear him before I can take him home.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The problem is, new experiences grow old fast.

And for me at least they seem to grow old faster with each experience.

Sometimes its like being a junkie chasing for the next high.

That sounds familiar. Time goes faster and faster every year, and every new experience becomes old-hat faster and faster every year. Or worse, even if it's an experience I've never done before, it still feels "the same as anything else". Dance is dance, travel is travel, food is food, etc regardless of whether it's a new dance/location/food or not, that sort of thing. eg, doesn't provoke much of a response.

Oh well. Such is life, full of its little phases. At least there's my hubs, and my cat. Maybe I should change kitty's name from Mr. Black to Toothless. It's the eyes. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Forgot ... a speedboat would be more my thing vs. a sports car. I would love a large speed boat. I'd probably have to move to Miami or similar, however. Also:

I've been estranged from my parents and sisters for a little over a year now, and my sister sent me a text yesterday.  It read:

"Hi Patrick, how r u?  How r the kids?  What is your favorite hockey team?"

:blink:

My first reaction was:

trap.jpg

For some reason, I found this really funny, probably because I've known the feeling. :lol:

You can never tell in those type of situations tho. It's possible she was just thinking about you and wondering how you were. A year can mellow. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yep.  Part of me doesn't want to put in the time or energy to try and patch up the relationship, but I'll talk it over with my wife and see how it goes.  Bleh, not exciting.

Its interesting actually, she is obviously feeling guilty about what she did and this is some sort of attempt to reach out to you.

I agree, and after a prolonged silence going with a banal approach is imo normal and understandable. I would take the offered olive branch, but I'm obviously very tight with my parents, being an only child and also participating in their business venture as a legal and technical adviser.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Trial lawyer advice: Never ask a question if you don't know what the answer is. :)

• Like 1

I think I knew the young man who was murdered by (neo)nazis in Greece last night. Didn't know him well (otherwise I'd be certain) but may have met him at a mutual friend's birthday party or something like that.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On the more mundane, for some reason I keep waking up about 4 hours after I get to sleep, then  realise what time it is and end up in that awkward awake-sleep phase in and out that's not really one state or the other.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've just had the most heartbreaking "I come not to praise caesar, but to bury him" letter from an ex I've been corresponding with, saying she can't handle being in touch and she's not going to talk to me again.

Now I can't focus on work.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've just had the most heartbreaking "I come not to praise caesar, but to bury him" letter from an ex I've been corresponding with, saying she can't handle being in touch and she's not going to talk to me again.

Ouch. Condolences on that. It's always awkward talking with ex's especially with emotions running high. It's when you get the rather odd "yes, I do still love you, but I'm married now and I love my husband as well." That one gets really weird.

• Like 1

On the more mundane, for some reason I keep waking up about 4 hours after I get to sleep, then  realise what time it is and end up in that awkward awake-sleep phase in and out that's not really one state or the other.

I have to be honest but I don't know anyone else  who seems to suffer from such sleep inconsistencies as you Raithe :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have to be honest but I don't know anyone else  who seems to suffer from such sleep inconsistencies as you Raithe :)

After a decade of it, you get used to sleep patterns going all over the place. Well, maybe not used to it, but start establishing patterns to get things done when you're meant to be awake... sort of. :shifty:

After a decade of it, you get used to sleep patterns going all over the place. Well, maybe not used to it, but start establishing patterns to get things done when you're meant to be awake... sort of. :shifty:

Interesting, would you say its some sort of sleep disorder? Have you been to a doctor?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm. never really spoken to any doctors about it. Things have shifted a lot over the years.  I was always one of those kids who would end up laying in bed for a couple of hours having to spin various imaginings before I fell asleep because even if my body was bone tired my mind would be going a mile a minute. Which evolved over time to me not bothering to go to bed until even later.

Of course, now I'm on a slightly different scale of things. Since I'm my mother's primary carer, I'm sort of on her cycle. And due to her assorted conditions and general pain levels, she doesn't settle easily. So most nights I'm helping put her to bed around 2amish, so I don't get to bed till a bit after that and sleep generally isn't till around 3am. With her morning meds, she's usually fairly dozish through the morning until 11amish, so I generally don't have to rush to jump up awake first thing in the morning.

One of those odd things is that if I have to be up for something, or know there's something specific I have to take care of early, I can get 5 hours sleep, wake up and be incredibly fresh and out of bed and on with the day. If it's more a general "at vague points this has to be dealt with" I tend to wake up dozey and sprawl for awhile and stagger about before I'm really awake even if I've managed 8 hours+ of rest. :blink:  

That, and if I'm not in my own bed I pretty much always wake up with dawn, but that's pretty standard for most people I think.

Then there's the occasional danger that when my internal clock is askew and I know I'm not going to settle easily, I'll usually read a chapter or two of whatever I'm reading. Of course, every now and then when I'm doing that I might get caught up in what I'm reading and find I've just finished the book and it's going 5-6am.  So I'll just try grabbing a brief nap and get on with the day and try to reset myself by not sleeping till the next night. I've learnt never to start reading a new L.E.Modesitt Jr book when I'm going to bed.. :shifty:

So really, I just tend to try adjusting to things and making sure I have fresh cups of tea during the day (which I stop drinking once 9pm hits). The morning cuppa is very important...

So yesterday, I was playing a game of Rome Total War 2 when one of my fights started experiencing some frame rate issues.

I started the battle at 7pm and at 1.30 am I had 35 minutes left to go of the hour allotted.

The Battle was a pretty important one (my capital) and I was winning, if excruciatingly slowly. I didn't have any saves from right nearby, but either way it was not a battle I care to repeat.

So this morning I find that my mother had turned my laptop off. (Thankfully I may finally have a home for myself, I'll know Monday)

"it was making a lot of noise, and was really hot"

So, problem is, I got my OS on a Solid State Disk, and those aren't very happy with unexpected shutdowns. It happened once before and I was lucky when after 2 days I could boot up my computer again. So, I'm sending this message from a different computer, ready to drink my mother her blood.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Either you can or you can't. It wont make any difference if you wait. It is possible to lose system files that were in use during the hard shutdown, but windows is supposed to fix that on reboot.

yeah, last time, it suddenly worked, after 2 days, I have no idea if I did something differently.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Ouch. Condolences on that. It's always awkward talking with ex's especially with emotions running high. It's when you get the rather odd "yes, I do still love you, but I'm married now and I love my husband as well." That one gets really weird.

The "I made the wrong decision, but remaining together is the best for my son" is the worst of 'em, trust me. :p

Colleagues are telling me I should go check out the college chicks here (place has ~polytechnic, no real university, but nursing and business admin schools...), currently being too low energy to do something about it, so I'll have to start working at getting my energy levels back up first. :p

Filled with an overpowering sense of despair. Or may be sleepy. Coffee and raging will aid in this.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra