What you did today

Rosbjerg

So yesterday, I was playing a game of Rome Total War 2 when one of my fights started experiencing some frame rate issues.

I started the battle at 7pm and at 1.30 am I had 35 minutes left to go of the hour allotted.

The Battle was a pretty important one (my capital) and I was winning, if excruciatingly slowly. I didn't have any saves from right nearby, but either way it was not a battle I care to repeat.

So this morning I find that my mother had turned my laptop off. (Thankfully I may finally have a home for myself, I'll know Monday)

"it was making a lot of noise, and was really hot"

So, problem is, I got my OS on a Solid State Disk, and those aren't very happy with unexpected shutdowns. It happened once before and I was lucky when after 2 days I could boot up my computer again. So, I'm sending this message from a different computer, ready to drink my mother her blood.

How is RTW2? Performance issues aside?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So yesterday, I was playing a game of Rome Total War 2 when one of my fights started experiencing some frame rate issues.

I started the battle at 7pm and at 1.30 am I had 35 minutes left to go of the hour allotted.

The Battle was a pretty important one (my capital) and I was winning, if excruciatingly slowly. I didn't have any saves from right nearby, but either way it was not a battle I care to repeat.

So this morning I find that my mother had turned my laptop off. (Thankfully I may finally have a home for myself, I'll know Monday)

So, problem is, I got my OS on a Solid State Disk, and those aren't very happy with unexpected shutdowns. It happened once before and I was lucky when after 2 days I could boot up my computer again. So, I'm sending this message from a different computer, ready to drink my mother her blood.

*cough cough* Reviewed by us

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I miss archers. The javelin guys can throw a mile perhaps to compensate. There are only siege engines during (duh) sieges. Fine on the face of it, but I miss them. Units move too fast making a coherent strategy difficult unless you are defending and can set them all to guard. 

You can pause and give orders, but it's a chore if you have to do it all the time. It also looks like crap on my computer. I would'nt advise trying to play it without a newish CPU and GFX. They say it scales well on old computers but that's pretty far from the truth. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

*cough cough* Reviewed by us

Sounds like it took a turn in the direction of Master of Orion III. I was either going to buy that or Football Manager 2014. I was leaning towards the latter actually since I still play all the other TW games regularly.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My housemate walked in on me playing Empire Total War and said

"Feeling contemplative?"

I expressed surprise in the affirmative. To which he replied

"I know your mood by what game you are playing. When you are feeling positive, and deep in thought, you like to shoot Frenchmen."

• Like 9

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My housemate walked in on me playing Empire Total War and said

"Feeling contemplative?"

I expressed surprise in the affirmative. To which he replied

"I know your mood by what game you are playing. When you are feeling positive, and deep in thought, you like to shoot Frenchmen."

That's the British national past time (queue Henry V speech in the play of the same name)

Thomas Sowell

Is that you or a girlfriend in that picture Calax?

Today I went to work, went to class, and got home 20 minutes ago. Going to watch something and get to sleep.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

When you are feeling positive, and deep in thought, you like to shoot Frenchmen."

That is very british.

Admiral Horatio Nelson; hero, lover, ****ing racist.

To serve my King and destroy the French, I consider as the great order of all, from which little ones spring; and if one of these militate against it (for who can tell exactly at a distance), I go back and obey the great order and object, to down – down with the damned French villains! My blood boils at the name of a Frenchman! Down, down with the French! … is my constant prayer.'

-Elwood Blues

Marriage IS a nightmare for those who dream it and those who live it as well. 

What I did: for the first time in months I managed to sleep without waking up at least 30 times during the night. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

That says you suffer from cartoonish, sitcom levels of fear of commitment.

So you're saying I should keep having meaningless relations with women, but as I start becoming emotionally distant, use humor to deflect the ever encroaching loneliness .. then hope for a women that will one day burst through my shell of Adonis like good looks and see the real me underneath? And of course all would be well if we stopped there, but in actuality the relationship is doomed because we are both so horribly emotionally scarred, self centered and thoroughly addicted to messing our lives up.. so we never have to face the ever growing disappointment with reality, each other and especially ourselves..

I just now realize I've seen too many romantic comedies.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

That says you suffer from cartoonish, sitcom levels of fear of commitment.

So you're saying I should keep having meaningless relations with women, but as I start becoming emotionally distant, use humor to deflect the ever encroaching loneliness .. then hope for a women that will one day burst through my shell of Adonis like good looks and see the real me underneath? And of course all would be well if we stopped there, but in actuality the relationship is doomed because we are both so horribly emotionally scarred, self centered and thoroughly addicted to messing our lives up.. so we never have to face the ever growing disappointment with reality, each other and especially ourselves..

I just now realize I've seen too many romantic comedies.

At least you understand the ultimate hopelessness of the reality that you live in. And here I thought I was going to have to explain it in some way

:biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Drinks for a departing coworker were postponed to the guy being sick on his penultimate day. Hopefully he shows up, then a pathetic percentage of the office will go to this club renowned for being a cougar hangout to see him off. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

got my laptop to work again, yay!

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Not even maternal sabotage can keep a good gamer down for long!

funny :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Am getting disturbing amounts of contentment from crapping into pretentious facebook status reports from doctoral students (ie. former colleagues) who think they are a lot smarter than they are.

There might be a pattern I'm refusing to notice.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Not even maternal sabotage can keep a good gamer down for long!

Is why I just turn my PC off when I'm not using it. Saves electricity as well. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have a nasty cold, been playing games all day.

You should  get yourself nice friendly, steaming mug of Horlicks. That always makes me feel better.

Oh you guys probably don't get Horlicks in Sweden ;( ( okay whatever is the equivalent, Cloudberry soup?  )

• Like 1

John Milton