What are you playing now?

Gorth

So I allowed Diablo3 to patch itself, after a year away or something. Didn't seem to take very long (they had just put in the Paragon levels when I stopped). I had multiple lvl 60's but I took my best chr. (Monk) and ran around a few Inferno areas to check difficulty. And yeah...the general difficulty in Inferno is utterly laughable now. The unique mobs, with their lasers, prison spells, and fire pits under your feet and all of that ... I could just stand in them and not move for an entire fight, now. My health orb never went down more than a tiny bit. This with MF gear on, vs. best-damage-gear. I mean, upon release Inferno was nuts and I felt it could use a little reduction, but wow, they really EZ'd it up. :p  Didn't test the Act bosses. 

Item wise, I was geared with a ton of MF so I didn't see much difference in general drops of, say, Rares. Legendaries require more time investment to check out and probably not going to go there. Anyway ... none of the changes made pre-expansion are enough to make me want to go back.

i think they added the ability to scale the monsters as high as you want now, so you can pick your own challenge level for inferno.  if you dont raise the monster level then you're playing on "easy" mode

i could be wrong, i didnt read very closely

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finished Dishonored with a low chaos ending.  It was a fun game, and I really enjoyed the setting.  I'd play another set in the same universe for sure.

Arkane is working on a sequel, so more of that is on it's way. And I hear the dlc are good, going to get them myself when they pop on steam sale.

I just hope Arkane can improve their storytelling for the sequel, that's the only thing I found lacking in Dishonored to say the least.

i think they added the ability to scale the monsters as high as you want now, so you can pick your own challenge level for inferno.  if you dont raise the monster level then you're playing on "easy" mode

i could be wrong, i didnt read very closely

Oh? That would explain things/seem more reasonable then. I didn't notice any option for that sort of thing but I also wasn't looking for it. Do you know if it's currently on the PC version or maybe it's something on the console? Maybe it's something akin to the /players8 of D2.

Altho having the top tier difficulty run-thru have an "easy" mode seems to kind of miss the point of having multiple re-play difficulties...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished Dishonored with a low chaos ending.  It was a fun game, and I really enjoyed the setting.  I'd play another set in the same universe for sure.

Arkane is working on a sequel, so more of that is on it's way. And I hear the dlc are good, going to get them myself when they pop on steam sale.

I just hope Arkane can improve their storytelling for the sequel, that's the only thing I found lacking in Dishonored to say the least.

I thought their use of books, notes, and general world building was fantastic.  There were also some compelling characters like Slackjaw and the Spymaster.  But they went in an odd direction with the story, it was almost like they were rushing it at the end and trying to force the plot to work in a way that didn't make too much sense.  I'm not explaining it well, but hopefully they can iron it out for the sequel.

Serious case of gamer ADD right now.  Splitting time between Might & Magic X, Card Hunter, Grim Dawn, La Mulana, and Neverwinter.  I'll likely focus mostly on La Mulana, because that game is hard enough with undivided attention, I don't need to make it harder by splitting my focus.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I thought their use of books, notes, and general world building was fantastic.  There were also some compelling characters like Slackjaw and the Spymaster.  But they went in an odd direction with the story, it was almost like they were rushing it at the end and trying to force the plot to work in a way that didn't make too much sense.  I'm not explaining it well, but hopefully they can iron it out for the sequel.

An example of storytelling that isn't that great in my opinion:

So, Corvo, who had been the last six months in jail to be tortured until the day he is executed for the murder of the Empress, escapes and goes to say hello to the High Overseer, who along with the Spymaster is responsible for making Corvo's life rather difficult. If the player chooses the non-lethal way, Corvo renders the Overseer unconscious and carries him to the interrigation room to be marked with the heretics brand.

So there he is, the man who ruined Corvo's life, still unconscious on the chair. Corvo lifts the heretics brand from the fire and burns the Overseer's face with it:

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!"

*snore*

I was stunned. "The ****? That's it?", I thought.

Really, that scene practically screamed for more than just that. Just simply making him wake up and realise that his life has been just flushed down the toiled by the man who's life he destroyed would have made the scene so much better, actually satisfactory to the player. The same applies to all the other targets, revenge story doesn't work that well if it doesn't even try to get the player emotionally engaged.

An example of storytelling that isn't that great in my opinion:

So, Corvo, who had been the last six months in jail to be tortured until the day he is executed for the murder of the Empress, escapes and goes to say hello to the High Overseer, who along with the Spymaster is responsible for making Corvo's life rather difficult. If the player chooses the non-lethal way, Corvo renders the Overseer unconscious and carries him to the interrigation room to be marked with the heretics brand.

So there he is, the man who ruined Corvo's life, still unconscious on the chair. Corvo lifts the heretics brand from the fire and burns the Overseer's face with it:

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!"

*snore*

I was stunned. "The ****? That's it?", I thought.

Really, that scene practically screamed for more than just that. Just simply making him wake up and realise that his life has been just flushed down the toiled by the man who's life he destroyed would have made the scene so much better, actually satisfactory to the player. The same applies to all the other targets, revenge story doesn't work that well if it doesn't even try to get the player emotionally engaged.

What I found interesting is that in a lot of cases, the "nonlethal" version was incredibly much more traumatic and nasty then just killing them.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What I found interesting is that in a lot of cases, the "nonlethal" version was incredibly much more traumatic and nasty then just killing them.

I'm not sure if it was deliberate but they seemed to take a few norms with games and run completely counter to them. The effect lethal/non-lethal playthroughs have on the ending is an example because unless you went on a killing spree, the non-lethal solutions tend to be despicable by comparison to a straightforward assassination and you'd think that would be the path that leads to a sadistic personality. It's also surprising how stealth is much easier than combat (to the point of making the game less fun imho).

Apparently you can  import your save file over to the DLC and it effects things which is pretty neat. 

DD: I didn't mind that when I was playing the game, but you're right.
And how well they handled the Daud encounter just makes it a bit sadder that the other targets didn't get this treatment. On the other hand, Daud was your foil, while the others were  to Corvo, less important.

Don't forget that, from Corvo's point of view (at least what the developers intended), Daud was the focal point of his hatred, since he killed the Empress. The Spymaster and others were treated more as the enemies of Dunwall/the resistance than Corvo himself.

Could they have made the political targets more personal though? I think so.

Heh, I thought just the opposite, I saw the Spymaster and the High Overseer as the main villains as they were the ones who were behind the whole mess and planned to kill the Empress, Daud was just a contract killer who got paid to kill the Empress. And as such, I handled the Spymaster and the High Overseer non-lethally for the very reason Raithe mentioned, I thought they were worse than just quick death.

Seeing the High Overseer as a weeper later in the game was a nice touch.

Daud had to be dealt with for what he had done, but since I saw him just as a paid pawn, I simply killed him.

Edited by Slinky

Heh, I thought just the opposite, I saw the Spymaster and the High Overseer as the main villains as they were the ones who were behind the whole mess and planned to kill the Empress, Daud was just a contract killer who got paid to kill the Empress. And as such, I handled the Spymaster and the High Overseer non-lethally for the very reason Raithe mentioned, I thought they were worse than just quick death.

Seeing the High Overseer as a weeper later in the game was a nice touch.

Daud had to be dealt with for what he had done, but since I saw him just as a paid pawn, I simply killed him.

Of course, they're the main bad guys, but it's the Daud hit where all the revenge motifs get cranked up and discussed.

Played some more Card Hunter, so since obviously I must be enjoying it, I decided to give them some cash.

Hmm how much pizza did you bought if I may know? I am at the moment considering the same, but not yet sure. I played it only for 3 days, but I am enjoying it so far...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Played some more Card Hunter, so since obviously I must be enjoying it, I decided to give them some cash.

Hmm how much pizza did you bought if I may know? I am at the moment considering the same, but not yet sure. I played it only for 3 days, but I am enjoying it so far...

I got the basic kit but kinda regreted it. If I was to do it again, I'd probably have gotten just enough pizza for the one month. The extra loot once you get to lvl 8+ adventures is quite nice. Especially as you can do things like Melvin's own adventure where you get epic loot.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I am atm thinking about 330 pizzas so I can unlock all the extra epic loot adventures. My party is now level 7 so it is the last chance to be able to play all the locked dungeons and get most of it.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah that is probably the best choice.

I made two more adventuring parties:

"FastFood" an all elven party consisting of:

Magemuffin the mage

Prayerpraline the priest

Meleemarzipan the fighter

"MediumRare" the human party:

Combatcake the fighter

Godlygateau the priest

Eldritcheclair the mage

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I saw the word "pizza" enough times in this thread that for a second I thought I'd mis-clicked and was in the "What's for dinner" thread.

...and Neverwinter is still the only game I log into a bit each day. Must...get...that Pray reward companion...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trying to find more time to play GTA V, with a busy life lately.  Managed to get to Paragon lvl 3 with my Barb on D3 on the PS3, probably gonna start leveling other characters to see how they play, but I will say, it feels like a good hack n' slash console game more than a pc game.  Hard to go back to the pc version, especially with the loot difference.

GTA V has been good so far for the few hours I put into it.  Just started getting the chance to use Trevor, so not too far into it.  Also picked up State of Decay off steam, but thinking it might be awhile before I plug some time into it.

Defiance's servers and lag issues are making me want to go out and punch kittens.  I've been trying to finish this stupid arkfall pursuit forever, but when most of the arkfalls turn into laggy things where I literally can't do anything other than log out (and thus miss the rest of the arkfall), it's near impossible.  I was especially pissed when the Dark Matter arkfall lagged on me, because that's the one that generates the most revive opportunities.

Two goals I have for Defiance then I'll never touch the game again: Reach EGO 2500 and reach 100 revives.  I'm currently at 2391 EGO and at 91 revives.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)