What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Traditional chicken and broccoli, always better the second day after it's had time to blend.  And leftovers are grand--no effort for a satisfying meal!

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Leftover white rice. A bit of whole milk. A little sugar and vanilla. Mix together in a bowl, heat in microwave for a minute, eat with a big soup spoon. It's not tapioca pudding and the rice aspect is a little bland, but it still tastes pretty good.

Which makes me wonder if a little vanilla in a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats would also be tasty.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried to make jam, but used too much pear and apple as filler, and now have several jars of (delicious) fruit compote.

Change to normal procedure was to heat the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a separate non-stick pan before use. This 'warms/activates' (according to my source) the spices.

It certainly made the result tasty.

I have been eating it on toast anyway, but think t would be best over ice-cream or with a baked custard.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pan seared rock bass fillet with yellow squash and lima beans. And it was all fresh. I caught the fish this morning and the veggies came from my garden not two hours ago. I think that is so cool! I made sun tea today too. I wonder if lemon trees will grow here?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tonight I'm having Chicken Pie with oven baked chips, simple but yummmmmy :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In the mood for oxtail at the moment. From different butchers, hoping it's as good.

Cooking it with lentils and onion, pepper salt. Maybe some sage. Keep it simple. Ribsticking comfort food.

Tried out guinness 'malta' drink. I like the b vitamin hit, and it's not so sweet as other malts I've had. Probably buy again, if the mood is on me.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyone know a good recipe for a bad dog? I left a NY Strip on the counter to defrost and now the plate is lying in the floor, looking cleaner than ever, an a certain Rhodesian Ridgeback I won't name is looking entirely too happy with himself. There is only two of us here dammit. if I didn't eat it it had to have been him!

I figure if I just cook him I'll be getting my steak. Now, where's the salt?

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Anyone know a good recipe for a bad dog? I left a NY Strip on the counter to defrost and now the plate is lying in the floor, looking cleaner than ever, an a certain Rhodesian Ridgeback I won't name is looking entirely too happy with himself. There is only two of us here dammit. if I didn't eat it it had to have been him!

GB I thought Tommy was an Alsatian. I didn't realize he was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. My dad has had Ridgebacks for years. They are amazing dogs and brilliant watchdogs. But they can be sneaky and steal food, for example we once left a whole roast chicken out by the stove and came back to find....it had vanished :lol:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Vodka and ice cream.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Mystery meat boogers and a chocolate shake from Carl's Jr. Once in a while it's tasty and what you want. Especially when you're going to rent a movie and flop on the couch.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

beef and cabbage soup

Interesting, sounds healthy :)

John Milton 

beef and cabbage soup

Interesting, sounds healthy :)

Sounds to me like the UN will be sending an inspection team unless he eats some parsley later.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

GB I thought Tommy was an Alsatian. I didn't realize he was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. My dad has had Ridgebacks for years. They are amazing dogs and brilliant watchdogs. But they can be sneaky and steal food, for example we once left a whole roast chicken out by the stove and came back to find....it had vanished :lol:

:lol:  Bones & all... don't leave any evidence behind!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Boerewors and mashed potato tonight, leftovers will go towards my early breakfast tomorrow.

-Elwood Blues

Great weather today so its Braai time (Barbeque). Spare Ribs, Boerewors, Pork Chops and my homemade Potato Salad.

John Milton 

No matter what you are eating for dinner, this show will make you feel better about it.

Even if you are eating your own head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJTG0dli_zI

I love this show, and I only found it this morning.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

No matter what you are eating for dinner, this show will make you feel better about it.

Even if you are eating your own head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJTG0dli_zI

I love this show, and I only found it this morning.

I love Andrew Zimmerman and Bizarre Foods, he is an excellent ambassador for gastronomy and experimental food :)

John Milton 

Why not just buy regular broth and toss a hunk of ginger in with it, to simmer for awhile? 

am a snob when it comes to stock. we makes chicken recipes so frequent that we almost always got enough leftover chicken parts for making quarts and gallons o' chicken stock... which is one o' the few things that freeze well. thanksgiving always results in us having a couple month supply o' turkey stock. duck stock is also a staple for us, but it is different 'nuff from chicken such that it ain't genuine interchangeable. what we is always short o' is beef stock. we rare have leftover meat and bones in enough quantities to be making quality stock, and it just seems wrong to buy meat and bones specific to make stock.

as for store bought... swanson's is having almost zero depth while also being very salty. am not knowing how or why anybody would bother using that swill. kitchen basics seems to be preferred by people other than Gromnir-- tastes almost same as swanson's but is less salty. better than bullion is flavorful, but is quite salty if you use in recommended proportions. 

*shug*

folks who would Never use canned green beans or frozen ribeyes seems willing to use pre-made stock. am s'posing it is a sacrifice people makes at the altar of convenience, but we just can't do bad stock.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)