What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Sup All :)

This may seem like a random post but I love my food and I'm genuinely interested in what people eat. So I want to try keep this thread going to see what good grub our various members from all our different  countries eat for dinner

Tonight I'm having Pasta with a Mushroom Sauce, Onions, Mushrooms and some sausages that will be chopped up and used in the Pasta

Whats your dinner tonight?

• Like 6

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...wife plays cards wit' her group o' ol' hens on Thursdays, so it be Chicken Nuggets & Grill Cheese sandwich night fer me & the rug rats...:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 4

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Chicken and greens for me tonight.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

...wife plays cards wit' her group o' ol' hens on Thursdays, so it be Chicken Nuggets & Grill Cheese sandwich night fer me & the rug rats... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Very hard to beat a good Cheese Grill sandwich :yes:  I am seriously into my cheese and I'm a proud turophile

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/turophile

I have spent years experimenting with various cheeses and what compliments them

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Chicken and greens for me tonight.

Nice and healthy, good one :)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Last night I had some delicious roasted chicken from my very own recipe followed by about 3 glasses of Four Roses Small Batch (thanks GD). Tonight will probably be borscht that we made earlier in the week

I also find it interesting what people in other countries eat, especially local variations on fairly common foods like pizza or burgers

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I haven't decided yet, I've got some yellow potatoes to start with, probably will use peas as the vegetable, so I just need to figure out how I want to cook them and if I want to introduce rice or lentils to the meal.  I've got some onions and garlic as well, might mix those in somewhere.

I also find it interesting what people in other countries eat, especially local variations on fairly common foods like pizza or burgers

This is what I am looking for as well, I am hoping to build a  personal virtual "database" so as time goes on we get to understand the cuisine types  in different countries.  Something's will be the same but we should see some interesting varieties.

John Milton 

I haven't decided yet, I've got some yellow potatoes to start with, probably will use peas as the vegetable, so I just need to figure out how I want to cook them and if I want to introduce rice or lentils to the meal.  I've got some onions and garlic as well, might mix those in somewhere.

Interesting, no meat?

John Milton 

Pork medaillions, steam-boiled rice and a stir-fry of champignons, onions and peppers. it's a change from my normal family pasta recipes, but sometimes you get nice meat from local farms over here that you just have to use when you get the chance. Yum! :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Pork medaillions, steam-boiled rice and a stir-fry of champignons, onions and peppers. it's a change from my normal family pasta recipes, but sometimes you get nice meat from local farms over here that you just have to use when you get the chance. Yum! :)

Wow I have to be honest that sounds delicious, do you cook this yourself?

Also what country do you live in Indira..Belgium?

John Milton 

Yesterday I made shrimp tacos. I always forget just how much shrimp shrink when you cook them. I made 12 and I thought that would be enough for 4 tacos. Turned out to not be enough for 3.

And either the lemon pepper I'm using isn't half as good as the store demonstration or it's really wasted on tacos.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Also what country do you live in Indira..Belgium?

No, that would be la Suède, Sweden, for quite a while now, although my temper and mindset would probably be classified as Belgian. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Interesting, no meat?

We only have meat about once a week in our house for dinner.  My wife got pancreatitis last year and we had to change our diet quite a bit.  It has led to some interesting challenges, but I enjoy it.

That's why I typically add rice, beans, or lentils to help make the potatoes a complete protein.

• Like 1

This forum's nosiness is reaching new heights! :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a big lunch, and chocolate for afters, so I'm about to cook a simple broth with a few fresh green beans and carrots. To keep me feeling full I will also boil an egg and slice that into the soup. Toast to accompany with 'gentlemen's relish'. Not gin served from a hooker's shoe, as the name implies. But it is in fact a nearly solid, and very frugal spread, not unlike Roman garum.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had a big lunch, and chocolate for afters, so I'm about to cook a simple broth with a few fresh green beans and carrots. To keep me feeling full I will also boil an egg and slice that into the soup. Toast to accompany with 'gentlemen's relish'. Not gin served from a hooker's shoe, as the name implies. But it is in fact a nearly solid, and very frugal spread, not unlike Roman garum.

That sounds great, I'm glad you provided the link as I had never heard of that before. It sounds very British :biggrin:

John Milton 

nosiness ! :p

"nosiness" :lol:

John Milton 

Interesting, no meat?

We only have meat about once a week in our house for dinner.  My wife got pancreatitis last year and we had to change our diet quite a bit.  It has led to some interesting challenges, but I enjoy it.

That's why I typically add rice, beans, or lentils to help make the potatoes a complete protein.

Thanks for explaining, how are the kids handling the change in food?

I assume the new diet is considered very healthy?

John Milton 

...and just to clarify; by "Belgian", I meant complex, Walloon and Flemish rolled up into one personality, as it were. 

And the cooking was my own, although I am rather a poor one. My cuisine specialty is limited to pancakes and crêpes and a few salads and pasta sauces, really.

• Like 1

Interesting, no meat?

It is healthier, as long as we don't overload on the carbs.  The kids are very good about it.  Some people act like it's a huge deal that they don't get a lot of meat, but our Pediatrician is Indian and a vegetarian and she thinks it's great :)

I give the kids corn dogs or chicken nuggets about once a week as well, so they get a bit of extra meat there.

I actually have trouble with red meat after eating like this for the last year, so I stick to chicken, turkey, pork, and fish even when I do eat meat.  I'll eat a burger on occasion.  

I actually have trouble with red meat after eating like this for the last year, so I stick to chicken, turkey, pork, and fish even when I do eat meat.  I'll eat a burger on occasion.  

Our family follow that very diet since quite a while back. Red meat in Europe, regardless of description, is mostly Romanian horse meat anyway (I'm not kidding).

Interesting, no meat?

It is healthier, as long as we don't overload on the carbs.  The kids are very good about it.  Some people act like it's a huge deal that they don't get a lot of meat, but our Pediatrician is Indian and a vegetarian and she thinks it's great :)

I give the kids corn dogs or chicken nuggets about once a week as well, so they get a bit of extra meat there.

Its funny you mention red meat but in South Africa we apparently eat too much red meat. Recent studies in the UK have linked it to a real carcinogen. Personally I don't know what to believe, I suppose everything in moderation is fine. So I'll generally eat a steak once a week or so :)

John Milton 

I just ate a can of jalapeno sardines with crackers.

Seriously for dinner? Don't mean to sound harsh but that sounds horrible :yucky:

John Milton