What you did today

Rosbjerg

Caught two brown trout and one rainbow trout, all rising to take a bumblebee floating fly. Now that's a fine way to spend the morning!

• Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I'm not sure if this is helpful, or merely polishing your descent into madness, but... what if you had some sort of clockwork monkey which got enthusiastic about things for you. And you just do what the monkey says.

like a magic eight ball?

Nah man, I must deal with it and make my own decisions, decided to finish a book, and I did today. one that had been bugging me for weeks, if not months.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Was ready to explode at work today. The kid I've been working with for the last year has finally started to do the work he is supposed to do with a little less whining and fewer cases of him totally losing control. Today, when I got to work, I learn that the other two people that have any say in how we handle his situation made some changes without me knowing. What happened? The kid freaked out. It feels like a whole year went down the drain because we're basically back to square one. We are not completely in agreement about how to handle this, but they've been working with kids for more years than I have lived (probably) and they both actually are educated in this field. They pamper him too much. I let him do fun stuff, but only after we've agreed to do the school stuff first. It's a good thing my scalp is bald at the moment or I might have ripped it off in frustration. I do still have the chest hair...

I'm not sure if this is helpful, or merely polishing your descent into madness, but... what if you had some sort of clockwork monkey which got enthusiastic about things for you. And you just do what the monkey says.

like a magic eight ball?

Nah man, I must deal with it and make my own decisions, decided to finish a book, and I did today. one that had been bugging me for weeks, if not months.

Kind of like that. But I think to be compelling it would need to reflect something about you. So making a clockwork device is better than some cheesy phone app.

~

Two salacious emails, and a phone text asking me on a date arrived this evening. From three different ladies.

Too tired to work out what new lunacy this portends. Will puzzle it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hmm, Wderanged and Wals both getting attention from women? Aliens must be attempting to invade England by taking over bodies of random people. I suggest you make sure that all of your orifices remain impenetrable.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Hmm, Wderanged and Wals both getting attention from women? Aliens must be attempting to invade England by taking over bodies of random people. I suggest you make sure that all of your orifices remain impenetrable.

I don't know about impenetrable. But mine are definitely unapproachable.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Seems like the exercise is playing dividends. :thumbsup:

I'd feel more secure about that if I hadn't been slacking lately...though I've definitely lost weight and it's almost six weeks without rolling or smoking a cigarette :)

Dunno what's going on but the amount of girls being flirty with me is exponentially increasing...I'm going to check in the mirror and make sure I didn't accidentally become better looking  :blink:

What better time then than to go for the elusive menage au trois!?

One of them keeps mentioning this but I suspect she just enjoys teasing me  :blush:

• Like 1

I had a business meeting today, I'm going to be doing a bit of product development for while. Strangely enough I didn't became nervous until after the interview, usually normal people get nervous before. What is wrong with me?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dunno what's going on but the amount of girls being flirty with me is exponentially increasing...I'm going to check in the mirror and make sure I didn't accidentally become better looking  :blink:

Over the past five years my weight's yo-yoed up and down and I can tell you, there's this magic barrier where you go from invisible to most women to the guy everybody flirts with.

I'm, of course, distressingly handsome and socially adept, just occasionally a fat ****. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Man.. I'm in love with like 4 girls at once, this is completly idiotic.. I... don't believe I was designed for this.

One of them keeps mentioning this but I suspect she just enjoys teasing me  :blush:

She's not.. go for it..

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Man.. I'm in love with like 4 girls at once, this is completly idiotic.. I... don't believe I was designed for this.

Go for a five-some, if you think you have the stamina.

Today I drank beer and got all of my books. Tomorrow I'm going out with some friends to a party.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

She's not.. go for it..

You're not in love with 4 girls, old boy. You're in love with one girl who has been refracted into 4 bodies and personalities.

There are two options I know to try in this scenario:

1. The 'Hugh Hefner' - Go out with all 4, when they all know about each other. This is hard work, and expensive, but epic.

2. The 'King Solomon' - Suggest the above, and go out with the one who refuses to share.

-Elwood Blues

Over the past five years my weight's yo-yoed up and down and I can tell you, there's this magic barrier where you go from invisible to most women to the guy everybody flirts with.

When I transformed myself from average / slightly skinny to bulked up I've not noticed any increase in popularity with women. Maybe I'm simply ugly or I'm an ass. Probably both.   :blink:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Caught two brown trout and one rainbow trout, all rising to take a bumblebee floating fly. Now that's a fine way to spend the morning!

Now that IS a fine way to spend a morning.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just got an old F grade changed to a C!

And what, pray tell, did the creepy old professor want you to do for HIM? Hopefully nothing you will have difficulty living with.

:lol:  Kidding of course!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When I transformed myself from average / slightly skinny to bulked up I've not noticed any increase in popularity with women. Maybe I'm simply ugly or I'm an ass. Probably both. :blink:

Different thing, most women stop caring about looks after their minimum criteria are met. Other things come into play after that.
  • Like 2

I will confirm that going from average/skinny/chubby/generally out of shape to some sort of fitness does attract more women. I believe it is because being in shape shows that you take care of yourself, which is very attractive to almost anyone.

When I transformed myself from average / slightly skinny to bulked up I've not noticed any increase in popularity with women. Maybe I'm simply ugly or I'm an ass. Probably both. :blink:

Different thing, most women stop caring about looks after their minimum criteria are met. Other things come into play after that.

I've always thought that this was a damn shame. I've always been impressed by women who manage to stay fit(or at least doesn't let themselves go to ****) after hitting a certain age and/or having kids.

Edited by KaineParker

I will confirm that going from average/skinny/chubby/generally out of shape to some sort of fitness does attract more women. I believe it is because being in shape shows that you take care of yourself, which is very attractive to almost anyone.

Of course being more attractive helps :) I do think though, a lot of that is also that you feel more at ease, relaxed and have more energy when you're fit - attractive qualities. But I've found that people in general seem to find confidence and humor the most attractive of all qualities - to the point that other aspects can be severely lacking...

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Just got an old F grade changed to a C!

And what, pray tell, did the creepy old professor want you to do for HIM? Hopefully nothing you will have difficulty living with.

:lol:  Kidding of course!

Basically I was retaking the class and just asked "So.... you have your gradebooks from 2 years ago when you failed me?"

He checked the grade and found he'd messed up.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Helped my sister move a fridge/freezer combo into her new place. Now today is the official "she's out of the house and into the new one". She's taken the big dog with her, so here's to how it all turns out.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Visited the local medieval festival that was held at a restored castle.

I finally found an excuse to carry my sharp two handed Coldsteel renaissance Warknife on my belt in public. Carrying a huge, heavy deadly blade on my hip felt strangely satisfying.

Watched a few blacksmiths forge armor, listened to a medieval band playing lutes and Hurdy gurdy, tried on a couple of armored gloves, held a Katzbalger and a Bastard sword and had a nice conversation with one of the sword blacksmiths about fighting techniques with two handed swords.

A few people who were obviously drunk insisted on touching my arms and wanted to see me flex. Awkward, lol. I asked if they wanted to do some arm wrestling but they all refused.

Fun day. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've always thought that this was a damn shame. I've always been impressed by women who manage to stay fit(or at least doesn't let themselves go to ****) after hitting a certain age and/or having kids.
Not what I meant, was talking about how much a man's looks generally matter to women.

My ex (THE ex) looks about as good as she did when we were together now that her kid's almost 2. I sure know how to pick them, smart, driven and ruthless :p

Edited by Nepenthe

Went looking for online sources of buying bulk Gerber chicken baby food, since I don't think the local stores are going to be able to keep me in stock. :p Tried other brands but Gerber is the only one that's totally pureed into a gooey glop (no grainy bits to it). Mr. Grey will eat a few jars of it a day if I coax him. Anyway, it's hilarious because on the Amazon page for it, almost every comment seemed to be about using it ... as cat food!

Haha...that's so funny. I am not alone!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts