And a bunch of the same stuff that's already been on sale multiple times here on the penultimate day.  So much for me picking up La Mulana or Of Orcs and Men.  Oh well, I've got plenty of stuff in the backlog, I'll just wait for the winter sale, or maybe GOG will hook me up with La Mulana earlier than that.

Why didn't you buy La Mulana on GOG already? it was really cheap ( more than 50% off) in December/January.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

And a bunch of the same stuff that's already been on sale multiple times here on the penultimate day. So much for me picking up La Mulana or Of Orcs and Men. Oh well, I've got plenty of stuff in the backlog, I'll just wait for the winter sale, or maybe GOG will hook me up with La Mulana earlier than that.

The last day of the sale is always a recap day. You know La Mulana and Of Orcs and Men are both on sale right? They have been for the whole sale. They're 50% off right now. They just haven't gone on a daily deal for 75% off or whatever. There are a lot more games on sale than just the daily specials that you see on the main page every day. Take a look.

Rise of the Argonauts is so worth 2.50 if you have a gamepad.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, the two bigger-name games I was hoping to get cheap both showed up with a sale price around $10.  So I'll be playing XCOM and Dishonored at some point in the relatively near future.  I came close to grabbing Don't Starve, too, but I suspect I won't have the time/inclination to play that anytime especially soon. And it'll be on sale again at some point. 

I might still grab The Walking Dead.  I generally dislike horror-type themes, but there really aren't enough non-twitch-based character-driven games around to be so picky. 

In the end, all I got from this sale was The Lara Croft Murder Simulator (mistake) and a DLC for GRID2 (*shrugs*).  Very underwhelming for me.  Oh well, it's for the best, I have plenty of stuff to play as it is, and that's before Shadowrun Returns and the Misery 2.0 mod for Call of Prypiat drop.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I got a pretty long list, all for decent prices.  With Kickstarter I had not bought many games this last 12 months, so it was nice to splurge.

Saint's Row 3

Farcry 3

Farcry Blood Dragon

The Cave

NBA2k13

Risen 2

Organ Trail

Chivalry

Fallout: NV last two DLC's.

I still think I kept it around $50, so that's not bad. 

Edited by Hurlshot

Final death toll;

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Risen 2 Gold

Sleeping Dogs + DLC

Dishonored + DLC

System Shock 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The Night of the Rabbit

Final Fantasy VII

Gunpoint

Evoland

Mark of the Ninja

System Shock 2

Kerbal Space Program

Metro: Last Light

Hitman Collection

Tomb Raider ROW

Mars: War Logs

FarCry 2

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

The Walking Dead: 400 Days

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

I need an intervention.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Night of the Rabbit

Final Fantasy VII

Gunpoint

Evoland

Mark of the Ninja

System Shock 2

Kerbal Space Program

Hitman Collection

Tomb Raider ROW

FarCry 2

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Scribblenauts Unlimited

I need an intervention.

tumblr_mgeaojD2Am1r8xh2qo1_500.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

The Night of the Rabbit

Final Fantasy VII

Gunpoint

Evoland

Mark of the Ninja

System Shock 2

Kerbal Space Program

Hitman Collection

Tomb Raider ROW

FarCry 2

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Scribblenauts Unlimited

I need an intervention.

No need, all is forgiven you pathetic creature of meat and bone.

Dishonered wanted to try it on max on my own PC.. Not dissapointed.

Other than that I bought the Endless Space DLC and the Walking Dead 400 days.. I was hampered by only having real internet on the last 2 days. :/

Fortune favors the bald.

Anyone else bothered that every time you run a new game on steam, it tries to install directx? It would be nice if there was a flag to show whether its installed or not so it can skip that part.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anyone else bothered that every time you run a new game on steam, it tries to install directx? It would be nice if there was a flag to show whether its installed or not so it can skip that part.

The problem is that each distribution of Direct X is ever so slightly different.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/03/why-steam-makes-you-install-directx-repeatedly/

“This is not a matter of making sure your overall DirectX install being up-to-date. Microsoft has a helper library with D3D called D3DX. There are over 40 different versions of the D3DX library for D3D9 alone, and many more for D3D10 and 11 as well. Each game that uses the D3DX helper library is linked to a specific version. As such the game must run the correct D3D installer version that it was specifically compiled with to ensure the binaries exist. Even if a later version of the binary is already installed, that version cannot be used, and even if your DirectX install is up-to-date because you’ve run a more recent version of the installer that is not guaranteed to have installed all previous versions. Even worse, if a version is installed for x86 it doesn’t guarantee the same version is installed for x64, so 64 bit and 32 bit games may need to run the same exact installer version but targeting different platforms when run.”

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can't say it really bothers me. It usually pops up for a few seconds and then it's gone. Supposedly the version check is part of the directx installer and not something steam can do on it's own. That and it's checking to make sure all the little pieces parts that that specific game requires are installed and the newer ones aren't backwards compatible for games built using older versions.

I resisted the sales...most didn't have any cats, so it wasn't too difficult.

Yeah, it's annoying (the c+ stuff too) largely because it seems unnecessary most of the time ... or if they are doing any checks, that they take so long. :)
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The main inconvenience with the DirectX thing is that you have to be in online mode to do it - if I forget to launch a game at least once right after I download it, then it won't work in offline mode.

Anyway, loots:

Surgeon Simulator 2013

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders

Mark of the Ninja

Bastion

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC

Also bought Monaco 4-pack from the official site after they price-matched Steam.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G