What you did today

Tale

I've sort have been pondering a big decision the last few days. I think I need to play Skyrim a little while and clear out my head.

Whatever you do, don't propose. ;)

Are you psychic?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not quite a year. We've been back together a month now and it was just like we never split up. She has not put any pressure on me which is what really drove us apart but it's hard not to thing about it when I compare her to everyone I've dated since, or before for that matter. Plus she is nothing at all like my ex so that's a good thing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been going on and on about me running and exercising lately. Well, I finally feel it has paid off. I haven't weighed this low in 10 years. An amazing feeling and will motivate me even more. :banana:  

• Like 2

Sounds like a Catch 22.

Just curious, but in what situations are Brits expected to pay their own medical bills?

We're pretty much covered, full stop. So long as it's not elective, like cosmetics or gender reassignment.

I'm not saying its' always great. But it's not for want of trying, usually.

Anyway, I hate the use of financial checks for the simple reason that I know the half baked bull**** they use to compile them. Really it's got bugger all to do with the applicant, and everything to do with the kind of risks/terms banks are willing to lend under.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've sort have been pondering a big decision the last few days. I think I need to play Skyrim a little while and clear out my head.

Whatever you do, don't propose. ;)

Are you psychic?

Usually it's "psycho"but... the best of luck on your chosen path. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Almost done my Peter Gibbons vacation, been pretty relaxing and I could get used to this not having to go to work thing. If only I could do it all the time, ah well. Nearing the weekend, this heat is due to break, thank goodness.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh it will be a little while yet I think. I have to pick out a ring then wait for the right time. This is the LAST time I ever do this one way or another so I'm going big on the ring!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

We're pretty much covered, full stop. So long as it's not elective, like cosmetics or gender reassignment.

That's what I thought. I was surprised Raithe's friend had accumulated medical bills they couldn't cover.

Anyway, I hate the use of financial checks for the simple reason that I know the half baked bull**** they use to compile them. Really it's got bugger all to do with the applicant, and everything to do with the kind of risks/terms banks are willing to lend under.

Isnt it a simple credit score check?

That's what I thought. I was surprised Raithe's friend had accumulated medical bills they couldn't cover.

Isnt it a simple credit score check?

There's no unified credit check system within the EU, so generally you can assume the system'll have nothing in common with the one in US. I mean, the system here for private individuals is that you basically either have credit or don't, in which case you're hosed, no cards, prepaid phones only, deposit for practically everything...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ah , my friend is currently living in North Carolina. So no NHS covered medical expenses.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That really sucks about not getting a job because of a credit report

I think they ran one on me when I started working for "The Man" and I work for an advertising and marketing company and my job has nothing to do with finances. I do have a corporate card but that didn't come until a year or two later. Speaking of work, our CEO just announced a short work day tomorrow because it's hot outside.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Hm, gran had a fall the other day, so she went in for a checkup. They found she was showing signs of anemia, so out of the possibility of internal bleeding she's spending a couple of days in the hospital. Of course, now they've discovered a duodenum(?) ulcer thats right next to a key artery or something. So the joys of somewhat risky surgery potentially ahead.

Funny thing, when they told her she was going to be moved up to the G8 Ward (the geriatric wing) she was all "No way in hell. My husband was taken there right before he died and he got crap attention. He was ignored, they forgot to give him the right meds, they did this that and the other wrong and made his last month pretty hellish. If I'm not staying in this ward I'm going home." After some hemming and hawing they decided to not move her.

Sounds like your nan's still got some fire Raithe, I don't blame her for being wary of NHS treatment for the elderly, hope she gets through it.

As for me, I had a mildly stressy day and should be going to bed but I can't stop watching The Guild...

The new kitchen project is actually starting to shape up.  We have painted walls and tile floors and cabinets in.  Countertops will come sometime next week.  Gotta go buy appliances and faucets this weekend.  Then it's detail work like finished electrical, finished plumbing, final inspections, and touch-up paint and trim.  It will be quite nice to have an actual kitchen with a stove again, after a couple months of cooking everything either on a propane grill, or on a toaster oven or microwave in the basement.  (Of course, a perk of our current location is that we can walk to dozens of restaurants.)

Work has been interesting lately.  The guy who got the job as my boss (a position for which, as you may recall, I applied, but lost out to a gentleman with measurably more managerial experience) has been quite deferential.  And he's also an Army reservist, and happened to have his 2-week stint of annual duty scheduled just after he took the job.  So I've been operating with a somewhat atypical level of independence, for an entity as bureaucratic as my employer is. 

• Like 1

I'd like a new/remodeled kitchen, too. It's not very big, but it could use some rearranging, like a window removed, the stove moved to a different wall (the one with the window....), which means the dishwasher would be moved to another spot, etc. One of the worst kitchen layouts ever.

Don't care about granite countertops or fancy appliances/pantries...it's the inefficient layout that drives me insane.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, had very trippy dreams about trying to take off from some jungle valley surrounded by serious cliffs.. and the object I was flying kept changing between an old twin-prop plane and a flying table.

I think the heat is getting to me.  That and the humidity is hanging around the 50-60% mark which isn't helpful. It's killing my appetite and I've been forcing myself to actually eat the last few days.

The heat's affecting everybody over here, Raithe. The most niticeable things are - as you say - appetite and memory.

EDIT: and spelling, apparently.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You guys should go have yourselves a nice warm beer. :biggrin:

My aunt's husband only drinks warm beer. When I tasted it, I almost choked.

Anyway, I'm loving the weather. I'm letting the sun bask in the glory that is my hairy body.

Been outside for almost a week straight. Good company, exercice, fresh air, cold beer and beautiful women.. I think I might've stumbled on the recipie for happiness.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Easy there, cool kid.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Went socializing, enjoying a mild and pleasant day (80F :p ). Hubby has one of his poker nights so on the way home I grabbed some food for me. Got home, stuffed my face full of Chinese BBQ pork and fried rice and now I'm going to ... uh ... I'm not sure, haven't thought that far yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts