What you did today

Rosbjerg

Happy Birthday, hope that tonight is a bit more...eventful for you than last night.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Happy Birthday Ros! Remember it's all fun and games... until it isn't!

Just finished changing the oil in my truck. It's such a pain to dispose of the waste oil that I think this will be the last time I do it. Heck if I have to go to Goodyear to get them to take the waste oil I might just as well have them to the whole thing. Now it's time for a sandwich, some unsweetened iced tea with lemon wedges and the Rays-Yankees game. Life is good!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Happy B-day, Ros. Another year older, another year none the wiser? greet007.gif

...the past couple weeks I've been looking for a simple coffee pot (for hubs) that isn't super tiny or super big. You'd think this wouldn't be difficult. Apparently it is.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would point out that I'm not sure you can get more wise than Ros. If by wise you mean an organised life. And if by organised you mean full of exciting fun times and not hurting people.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well Walsh, just remember that you mostly get the good stories, there are plenty of lonely and boring days as well ;)

Had a nice birthday and got home after some celebratory drinking .. It's 3am in the morning - it's bright and birds are singing. Love it.

bthw.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

I am going to have to face facts and drag myself to the supermarket to buy meat and eggs. And coffee.

And maybe some brandy.

No, not brandy. Bad Walsingham.

No , not brandy. Port.

No, Cognac. Bloody heretics, that's what you get for living in isolation on those islands :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well Walsh, just remember that you mostly get the good stories, there are plenty of lonely and boring days as well ;)

Had a nice birthday and got home after some celebratory drinking .. It's 3am in the morning - it's bright and birds are singing. Love it.

Dammit. I've been up all night, hoping to catch a glimpse of the fullmoon perigee. But noooo, clouds rolling by. All. Damn. Night.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

bthw.jpg

"3am in the morning - it's bright and birds are singing"... 3am and the sun is shining, I still can't quite get use to that  concept

Its 5:30 am in South Africa now  and its pitch black outside

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

HBD Roz!

Got my commando raincoat (otte gear patrol parka) today, slowly attempting to overcome the trauma of my **** issue gear. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

HBD Roz!

Got my commando raincoat (otte gear patrol parka) today, slowly attempting to overcome the trauma of my **** issue gear. :p

*peers intently at Nepenthe's post, like a staffie examining poop*

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I sent a job application to a company that makes video games. Role playing games. I basically have none of the required abilities. But if I'm going to search for another job, it might as well be the dream job.  :geek:

My contract expires on June 30, but I actually have vacation until then.

Today I sent a job application to a company that makes video games. Role playing games. I basically have none of the required abilities. But if I'm going to search for another job, it might as well be the dream job.  :geek:

Labadal you are a teacher right, what don't you enjoy about that job?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Labadal you are a teacher right, what don't you enjoy about that job?

Not a teacher, more of an assistant. I don't even have the proper education for the job (as far is I understand).

I love my job but I've been working under contract for the last two years. A large restructuring at our school will see a lot of people (teachers, principals and other positions) lose their jobs. Most people have already found jobs at new workplaces, so it's cool, I guess. I might return to my current job, but I'll have to take that with the new boss. My current boss has no say when the next term starts. All she can do is put in a good word for me. I think I'm actually going to get to work there under contract again. The thing is that it would be nice to find a long term solution. That's why I've been applying to all sorts of positions for jobs I qualify for and jobs that I probably won't get in a million years. Nothing to lose, right?  :sorcerer:

• Like 1

I did something horrible today, after 2.5 months of not even touching food containing sugar and/or grain starch flour/starch I got weak and drank some chocolate milk. Now I feel like an ex-alcoholic who started drinking again. 

;(

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Paleo or just low-carb? I did about 2 months pure too, but I felt that a moderate approach was healthier. Now I'm about 60-80% paleo (depending on whether I eat alone or not) and it does feel a little better than going completly without sugar and starch.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I did something horrible today, after 2.5 months of not even touching food containing sugar and/or grain starch flour/starch I got weak and drank some chocolate milk. Now I feel like an ex-alcoholic who started drinking again. 

;(

I drink chocolate milk everyday.

Drink it, you know you want to.

Paleo all the way, cold turkey style.

I developed bad skin and strange fatigue attacks in the last couple of years even though I had a healthy lifestyle, docs couldn't find the cause.

Of course I disliked the idea of taking meds daily so I started experimenting with some diets and found out that a no-sugar no-carb diet totally does the trick.

I mean, with the diet my health has improved dramatically and I'm like new again, it even considerably boosted my strength in weight lifting and I bulked up quite a bit since I started with the diet.

However, the downside is when I go to the grocery store 75% of the food is inedible for me. Thats a major pain in the behind. And tasty chocolate cookies everywhere. :facepalm:

Have you tried that soylent food stuff?

-Elwood Blues

Do you have a big minority of muslim immigrants in Austria? They usually set up shops that sell cheap vegetables, fruit and even cheap halal meat, it's eldorado for people eating Paleo. Things like lentils, hummus and olives are also a great supplement of protein and carbs.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Thats the reason for my new diet, I only liked Soylent red and yellow, their new green stuff tastes of......old men.  Ewww.

Do you have a big minority of muslim immigrants in Austria? They usually set up shops that sell cheap vegetables, fruit and even cheap halal meat, it's eldorado for people eating Paleo. Things like lentils, hummus and olives are also a great supplement of protein and carbs.

No, not where I live, I'm living in the Austrian outback so to speak. Great idea though. Olives you say? I prefer glassed artichoke hearts. :p

Edited by Woldan

;(

Woldan you have really let me and others down, I can't believe you actually broke your diet so comprehensively. How are you going to live with yourself, and to make things worse you drank Chocolate Milk. Whats next...a Marshmallow and  Chocolate Eisbein?

I'm very disappointed in you, very disappointed  :wacko:

John Milton 

Soylent Green is people!

Soylent Grün ist Menschenfleisch! MENSCHENFLEISCH!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No, no. It's a real food product.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/14/soylent_experiment/

I have a mate who's considering it because he has long term gut problems.

-Elwood Blues

Dealing with some irritating FNG at work that keeps barging into my conversations with coworkers, though I still don't know his name. Funny theme at work of late, people show up to start work and no one tells anyone who they are, what they do (or even makes sure they have a desk or PC...).

It's like the corporate equivalent of some three-letter agency here, need to know :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra