What you did today

Rosbjerg

Tycho Brahe is so spinning in his grave right now.

This is the reason why he died, not poisoning or a burst bladder, but shame! Timetravelling SHAME! :D

Haha, what? This is really random.. what the hell does Tycho Brahe have to do with moose or wolves? :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

Pan fried boerewors with boiled potatoes in their skins, followed by fresh strawberries, and green tea. Sat in the sun in the garden.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Haha, what? This is really random.. what the hell does Tycho Brahe have to do with moose or wolves? :lol:

You really don't know about Tycho Brahe's tame moose? :o

Wikipedia link

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wow.. the 1580's were a lot crazier than I give them credit for.

the elk had just died on a visit to entertain a nobleman at Landskrona. Apparently during dinner the elk had drunk a lot of beer, fallen down the stairs, and died.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hehe, he puts this days scientists to shame that's for certain. :D

Imagine Carl Sagan having had a pet giraffe, with a custom made turtleneck!

The second thing I learned about Tycho Brahe, after his name, was about his pet moose. Then his metal nose.

Ohhh, I had completely missed this;

Some modern theories suggest that due to the discovery of the mercury in his body, it is possible he was intentionally or unintentionally poisoned. The two main suspects are his assistant, Johannes Kepler, whose motives would be to gain access to Brahe's laboratory and chemicals, and his cousin, Erik Brahe, at the order of friend-turned-enemy Christian IV due to rumors at the time that Tycho had had an affair with Christian's mother

Now, how bad ass is that?!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I went for lunch today in Pretoria which is another city about 60 km from where I live in Johannesburg. I had some of the BEST spare ribs I've had in ages. Meat falling off the bone and a delicious barbeque sauce. Its doesn't get much better than that :)

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh yeah, THATS what I'm making for dinner tonight. Bruce have convinced me. Time to go to the grocery store!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh yeah, THATS what I'm making for dinner tonight. Bruce have convinced me. Time to go to the grocery store!

I love my barbeque, I often watch the Food Network channel and you see these various food documentaries where people travel around the USA and visit various places that specialize in barbeque. I have seen places in Texas, Kansas, Tennessee and the Carolinas that do these amazing barbeque Ribs, Brisket and Streak. They always leave me salivating and hungry :) Oh and smoking meat looks very common in the USA. We don't smoke meat much, we typically do them straight over an open grill

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Woke up early and went for a run around Mile High

Read an article about a company that makes pork laced bullets as a supposed deterrent to jihadists and their slogan is peace through pork. I laughed so hard until I realized it was real and then I just shook my head

Free games updated 3/4/21

:lol:  That sounds like it came from The Onion.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went for lunch today in Pretoria which is another city about 60 km from where I live in Johannesburg. I had some of the BEST spare ribs I've had in ages. Meat falling off the bone and a delicious barbeque sauce. Its doesn't get much better than that :)

And you weren't raped or murdered? Hm, my sources on RSA are inaccurate!

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I  barely managed to survive this trip :biggrin:

John Milton 

I don't care what you say, I'm not refunding you for the briefing paper.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got drunk. Chatted to Calax about Hades. Bloody sad. Drank aquavit. Too drunk. Off to bed.

-Elwood Blues

I went to the store and bought a fill rack of spare ribs. I dry rubbed them with a rub I read how to make, wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. tomorrow they go in the smoker. I also bought some turkey tenderloins I'll cut up and make jerky for Tommy. For tonight I'm going to pan sear a Tilapia fillet with some grilled zucchini. Then I'll retire to the front porch with a Sam Adams or two and watch the sun set. I'd call that a good day! 

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Went to a bbq. Well, it was actually a big kind of "post wedding celebration for the friends and family that couldn't make it to the wedding in Mexico" type of thing.

Involved various beers, port and cigars. Ended around a big fire in the yard. Also included tequila and axe throwing.  Yes. In that order.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Lately I've been of the opinion that there are no good movies being made anymore. Y'know, the ones that make you go "Oh yeah, I have to check that out!" ... I surf and surf 100's of titles, and always go "meh, maybe on a rainy day." More likely, my tastes have changed plus all the actors/actresses I grew up liking are mostly gone or semi-retired and I just can't quite get into the new crop.

So I ate my Chinese food tonight watching the birds in the trees instead. We have a lot of small song birds, crows, bluebirds, robins, etc. Plus racoons, squirrels, neighbor cats, possums, butterflies .... it's not exactly looking out your window to see deer in the forest, but hey, for the cheaper suburbs, it's not bad.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I lost the last of the weight I gained during the winter. Down to 183 pounds.

I cooked for friends most of the day. Made chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, biscuits, and Red Velvet cake. Drank some nice beer called Obsidian Stout. Definitely going to hit the gym tomorrow.

Also my GPU finally crapped out, so I'm just going to build a new rig instead of upgrade and wait for the mobo or processor to fail or become obsolete. Goodbye $1300!

I went to the store and bought a fill rack of spare ribs. I dry rubbed them with a rub I read how to make, wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. tomorrow they go in the smoker. I also bought some turkey tenderloins I'll cut up and make jerky for Tommy. For tonight I'm going to pan sear a Tilapia fillet with some grilled zucchini. Then I'll retire to the front porch with a Sam Adams or two and watch the sun set. I'd call that a good day!

Pork or Beef?

If Beef, make sure you give them at least 10 hours to smoke, preferably using pecan wood. If Pork, you should have bought Beef Ribs.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I cooked for friends most of the day. Made chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, biscuits, and Red Velvet cake. Drank some nice beer called Obsidian Stout. Definitely going to hit the gym tomorrow.

Nice one with the weight loss, I've lost 4.5 KG since the beginning of the year. But I have started going back to gym and I'm doing 60 minutes of cardio a day.

That sounds like a delicious spread you did for your friends :) You seem to be quite the accomplished amateur chef

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Nice one with the weight loss, I've lost 4.5 KG since the beginning of the year. But I have started going back to gym and I'm doing 60 minutes of cardio a day.

That sounds like a delicious spread you did for your friends :) You seem to be quite the accomplished amateur chef

How dare you sir, I am no amateur!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Are you a qualified chef?

John Milton 

I was making a joke.

I was making a joke.

Okay but you could have been a qualified chef, which is why I asked :)

John Milton