E3 Thread - 2013 Edition

C2B

That tablet integration *sigh*.

Also KINGDOM HEARTS III

And Final Fantasy Versus XIII became FFXV

Direct quote from the press conference

"PS4 won't support any new restrictions on Used Games" and the entire audince actually WENT WILD.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hah, well the back of the crowd is liking this

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hah, well the back of the crowd is liking this

That's where the actual fans are... everyone in front of them is press.

I like how this game is set in the distant future, and the gunsight he's using is straight from rifles today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonder if it's possible that Microsoft can backpeddle on its used game policy mid-console cycle. I would think it's not going to be easy as releasing a patch that abolishes it once they have the hard proof that their policy was a terrible idea.

The $500 console makes a little bit of sense given that surely cheaper models will come out given a few years and that the Kinect (as vestigial of a device as it is to us core gamers) is an integrated part of the package, but that on top of their outrageous "must connect every 24hrs" deal is simply outrageous.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Wonder if it's possible that Microsoft can backpeddle on its used game policy mid-console cycle. I would think it's not going to be easy as releasing a patch that abolishes it once they have the hard proof that their policy was a terrible idea.

The $500 console makes a little bit of sense given that surely cheaper models will come out given a few years and that the Kinect (as vestigial of a device as it is to us core gamers), but that on top of their outrageous "must connect every 24hrs" deal is simply outrageous.

Given they stated that it was up to the publishers to enable, It seems like they'd find some way to make it so that if a game is released with it enabled, the console itself just says "Yup, we're online!"

Either that or they can't ever shut it down due to contractual obligations to the publishers.

Microsoft will need to develop PS4 piracy to have a shot in direct competition.

Unless there are some other downsides to Sony that we have yet to learn.

Well, online is behind a paywall now. But that didn't seem to do much damage to the 360 last gen.

I think it's a change for the better, I probably have less than 30 hours of online time in the whole console gen (on both platforms, combined), I'd rather be straight up fleeced than pay indirectly for something I don't use. :D

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think it's a change for the better, I probably have less than 30 hours of online time in the whole console gen (on both platforms, combined), I'd rather be straight up fleeced than pay indirectly for something I don't use. :D

I don't really play online too often, but if there's something interesting online I'd like to be able to access it directly without having to go through a subscription. To be fair, though, PS+ is an excellent service, so I can see those added functionalities softening the blow a lot. Even Microsoft is taking a page from them and starting to release free games for Xbox Live Gold subscribers.

Its now a no brainer - if I had the money, PS4 all the way.

Cheaper, likely to have better exclusives, games have resale value, no Kinect.

Also, the Last Guardian is likely to be released on it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Ars called it a twice-bisected rhombus, the PS4. I would say Sony directly bisected Microsoft at least twice during the show. :) And only $399?! What a good deal for 8 gigs of RAM. 

RAM is dirt cheap.

I guess you were comparing with XB.

MGS V looks like Rambo 3 - The game. While Snake Eater was a James Bond inspired game, this looks a lot like a Rambo game to me right now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ars called it a twice-bisected rhombus, the PS4. I would say Sony directly bisected Microsoft at least twice during the show. :) And only $399?! What a good deal for 8 gigs of RAM. 

RAM is dirt cheap.

Cheap? Do tell where i can buy DDR5 RAM?

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

RAM is dirt cheap.

Oh please, as though the next DDR number is the second coming. Who cares? It won't be too long before whatever the next gen of RAM is called sells for 15$ a pop. 

And you're not likely to need 8GB of it anytime soon.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Mmmm, feels so gewd that Sony decided to go with no DRM even if some people were totally convinced they were going to have the same DRM deal as Microsoft. You know who you are

You mean Playstation 4's GDDR5, which is some odd specialized version of DDR3?

Edited by Nordicus