E3 Thread - 2013 Edition

C2B

Any word on if Fable 4 is coming to PC? that's really the only Xbone exclusive I'm interested in.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nevermind the console, I'd like to attach an Xbox One controller to my PC for gaming, see how the new vibration capabilities feel. Backwards rumble compatibility with games older than 2014 might be a pipe dream, though.  

All Stop. On Screen.

comment_qCCmhav7nh7JTLGQ4Q4MLWUwjmslzHvS

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Can I ask a stupid question? I don't own a console so I would appreciate some perspective on this matter. I was watching a review of the new Xbox console and one of the things that have got fans in an uproar is that Microsoft has stated that you can only share games with one friend. While PS4 will allow you to share games with many people.

Why is Microsoft being unreasonable? Surly if I buy an Xbox game and play it and someone else wants play the game they need to also purchase it? This is the way it works with PC. I can't give my PC game with the same registration code to a friend as the DRM features will reject it. Microsoft wants to generate revenue and they need to sell multiple copies of games so whats the issue with expecting people to have there own copy of a game? Or am I missing something?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Console is not a PC...

Sharing games between friends on consoles were always part of the gaming culture...

And you could even share your PC games with your friends before Steam and similar **** came...

And there are still people who have real friends in neighbourhood...

And there are still people who have real families in neighbourhood...

And there are still people who own more than one piece of the same console...

And there are still people who do not have stable broadband internet connection...

And all these people are now pissed at Microsoft...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So, they confirmed that the Deus Ex: Human Revolution director's cut is coming to PS3/x360/pc/mac "later this year". They showed the new version of the Barrett boss fight, which was really neat - it took what was originally in the game and made it a lot more versatile in a way that both fit the area and looked beautifully simple to me.

The whole thing sounded more like a standalone release than dlc, so we'll see.

The Fall also looked like an exceptional ipad game, very similar to DXHR.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And all these people are now pissed at Microsoft...

It took them 20 years??? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So, they confirmed that the Deus Ex: Human Revolution director's cut is coming to PS3/x360/pc/mac "later this year". They showed the new version of the Barrett boss fight, which was really neat - it took what was originally in the game and made it a lot more versatile in a way that both fit the area and looked beautifully simple to me.

This better also come as a cheap upgrade for those who already own the game.

Any word on if Fable 4 is coming to PC? that's really the only Xbone exclusive I'm interested in.

There's gong to be a Fable 4?

May have jumped the gun. There was an image showing a bunch of the games supposedly to be announced for Xbone and about half in the image have been announced since it leaked. Fable 4 wsas one of them.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There's gong to be a Fable 4?

May have jumped the gun. There was an image showing a bunch of the games supposedly to be announced for Xbone and about half in the image have been announced since it leaked. Fable 4 wsas one of them.

Enough rumors have been circulating about Fable IV, and Lionhead has confirmed they're working on *something*, so it's not a wild guess ot assume it will be announced eventually. Right now it's just a rumor tho'.

Has anyone seen the gameplay trailer for Bungie's "Destiny"? Looks very much like Borderlands only with better visual design. I don't know what to think about it really, it was the visual design that caught my attention in the first place but on the other hand I don't want to play a grindy MMO shooter. I'm hoping its more than that. And for a PC version of course.

Except it seems to have a bigger emphasis on the single player (given that a lot of their trailer seemed to be campaign oriented). And Public Quests were a thing.

Basically it seems like it's aiming for a model akin to ToR.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

Hah.

So, it's going the League of Legends route then.

Umm, not at all? LoL characters can be bought with ingame currency and they give you a weekly free roster of characters instead of one fixed guy.

I'm always baffled when they decide to re-release a game that everyone who was interested in it has already played. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

They were intentionally vague on the way the non-WiiU versions are going to be released, I think a part of it is that they're looking at the technical options. Obviously, if you're going to have the graphical engine rewritten, it might not be something doable in a patch. OTOH, if they release it as a Blood Dragon price level stand alone game... I could live with it, but I'm sure a lot of other people would throw a hissy. :p

Imagine if the hard drive upgrade potential for the PS4 included internal solid state drives ... now imagine truly affordable SSD's by this time next year ... I'm asking too much.

You can put SSDs in PS3's right now ....for no real benefit. Something about how it handled storage meant the speed of SSDs was fully wasted.

I use the bosses as a cheap punchline, but ultimately the problem I had with DXHR were the long slogs in the linear missions without letting up. I'm under the impression that this was a result of the removal of potential hub cities in Montreal, and later Singapore, so it'd probably take that for the game to drag me back in. As it goes, I quit after the Picus HQ mission, which was set-up back-to-back with the very lengthy TYM section, it just turned into a painful, unengaging trek through hordes of identical mooks.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

They were intentionally vague on the way the non-WiiU versions are going to be released, I think a part of it is that they're looking at the technical options. Obviously, if you're going to have the graphical engine rewritten, it might not be something doable in a patch. OTOH, if they release it as a Blood Dragon price level stand alone game... I could live with it, but I'm sure a lot of other people would throw a hissy. :p

Just to be clear. I'm speaking about the PC version. ;)

I assumed as much, but I think it's unlikely they'll, say, give a free patch to PC users and not to console gamers, even if it would be technically viable in one case and not in the others, and sort of unrealistic to expect it.

A selling point seems to be different kinds of developer commentaries you can turn on in the menus (that pop up at the relevant parts in the game, looking like infolink messages)... Squeenix could be testing different models in the franchise (see the ipad game), so they might go as far as see how many people would be ready to cough up for a movie type "double dip". I mean, I'll go on record now that I'm ready to play 20 euros for this with the features I've seen, if it's a new disc release and especially if it takes advantage of the blu-ray's availabe space, unlike the original version. The fact that I have basically 0 games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year might be adding to my willingness, but still.

Semi-related. That Order whachamacallit and Watch Dogs have been the two games I've been eyeing for release/near it purchases. Not sure if they've announced release dates for either one of those just yet. Might be a really dry year for gaming purchases...

I assumed as much, but I think it's unlikely they'll, say, give a free patch to PC users and not to console gamers, even if it would be technically viable in one case and not in the others, and sort of unrealistic to expect it.

A selling point seems to be different kinds of developer commentaries you can turn on in the menus (that pop up at the relevant parts in the game, looking like infolink messages)... Squeenix could be testing different models in the franchise (see the ipad game), so they might go as far as see how many people would be ready to cough up for a movie type "double dip". I mean, I'll go on record now that I'm ready to play 20 euros for this with the features I've seen, if it's a new disc release and especially if it takes advantage of the blu-ray's availabe space, unlike the original version. The fact that I have basically 0 games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year might be adding to my willingness, but still.

Semi-related. That Order whachamacallit and Watch Dogs have been the two games I've been eyeing for release/near it purchases. Not sure if they've announced release dates for either one of those just yet. Might be a really dry year for gaming purchases...

Well, think about how they did the Missing Link DLC.

That pretty much installs itself as a "seperate" game as is because of the changes to the engine they'd made, so I'd guess the Director's Cut would most likely be similar if it's done as an "update" style of dlc.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."