Me too. It's ok dealing with it in small doses, but definitely not a game where I want to spend hours in combat mode when the repawn is every 60 seconds and they're clustered close together. Don't care about being max level in a hurry since not interesting in group dungeons, so I'll stick to the professions and "playing" the AH. That's the one thing I love about the game ... more than one way to get somewhere.

I still love my panther. Wonder what the last skin looks like (its gotten bigger and darker so far). 8 more companion levels and I can find out. Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I still love my panther. Wonder what the last skin looks like (its gotten bigger and darker so far). 8 more companion levels and I can find out. Heh.

Obviously:

108683-27031-skeletor_super.jpg

Otherwise, what's the point

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Find any phat loot yet? ;)

I got a lev 60 blue belt, but I didn't like the stats so I sold it in the AH.  I've gotten several shards which will eventually beef up a piece of EPIC LOOTZ!!!11!1!11  I'm starting to get Seals of the Drake which I can use to buy EPIC LOOTZ!!!111!1!1, though it will take a while as most items are 60 or more seals and you generally get 1 or 2 per Epic Dungeon.  I'm actually enjoying end game dungeon runs.  The boss fights are so frantic.  Trying to keep all the baddies off the Cleric is difficult because Clerics pull so much aggro.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I cashed in like a champ tonight.  Those past several dungeon runs of mostly striking out on important loot rolls came back around karma style and I was winning rolls like a mad man.  I now have purple (aka EPIC LOOTZ!!!1!!1) armor, boots, gauntlets, and a blue (aka semi-EPIC LOOTZ!!1!!1) weapon...  and IT'S NOW A SWORD! (It's a club, a giant spiked club).  Woohoo!  Not a sword!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Had a run through Epic Grey Wolf Den last night with a group.  Man, the final boss in that dungeon is ridiculously hard.  Our group was working really well together, we absolutely steamrolled through the entire dungeon, including the sub-bosses, without breaking a sweat, but we just kept on getting slaughtered by the end boss.  The problem was that he had one particular attack that did several circles of AoE damage that would also knock you prone and he did that attack quite often.  There is a long animation on that attack but it's still not the easiest thing to get out of the way of because the AoE circles are randomly all around him.  This was compounded by the sheer number of adds.  The first couple waves of adds were pretty easy to clear out, but eventually the waves of adds just got ridiculous, consisting of groups of the most difficult non-boss enemies in there.  Some of them have AoE attacks that knock you prone too and they take a really long time to bring down, especially when you're dodging AoEs much of the time.  You make one tiny mistake and get knocked prone and there is a high likelihood of getting stun-locked to death as you get hit with AoE after AoE.  We never did beat him, the closest we got was getting him down to about 20% health, at which point the sheer number of adds just got too overwhelming and dodging AoE attacks became ridiculously hard.  That was a good time despite the defeat.  We'll get him eventually. 

8)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yes! My Leadership is Rank-3 capable! Now I can .... wait more long hours to actually have Rank-3's! Also, spend lots of gold on more repeats of implements for doing certain tasks more than one at a time. :disguise:

Tailor/Leather up to Rank 12. Platesmithing almost at 10. Still endlessly hiring new workers. Running out of gold and resources again. Guess I'll have to, y'know, actually kill/loot some things today. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yes! My Leadership is Rank-3 capable! Now I can .... wait more long hours to actually have Rank-3's! Also, spend lots of gold on more repeats of implements for doing certain tasks more than one at a time. :disguise:

Tailor/Leather up to Rank 12. Platesmithing almost at 10. Still endlessly hiring new workers. Running out of gold and resources again. Guess I'll have to, y'know, actually kill/loot some things today. :blink:

LOL.  I'm in the process of training a second rank 3 mailsmith right now.  The process is so long.

In other news, I decided that after putting in some 30-40 hours into this game and still enjoying it, Cryptic and PWI deserve some of my money, so I bought $20 worth of Zen via a game card (since they're running a promotion right now where you get 15% bonus Zen) and used it to buy an Acolyte of Kelemvor companion.  20 bucks is more than fair for what I've already gotten out of this game.  Pictures in appropriate thread.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ooo, you'll have to tell me what you think of that companion. There's a few companions I wouldn't mind trying but it's so hard to decide if they'd be useful just from their bare description. Not to mention training them/their cost.

15% off? Argh, don't tell me that. :lol:

Edit: Oh, no, not off, just more. If you use the one prepaid card. Probably not for me. Which is also probably a good thing. :p

Ooo, you'll have to tell me what you think of that companion. There's a few companions I wouldn't mind trying but it's so hard to decide if they'd be useful just from their bare description. Not to mention training them/their cost.

15% off? Argh, don't tell me that. :lol:

Not 15% off, 15% more Zen when you purchase a game card and redeem it.  I guess in theory it works out to be the same thing.  

If nothing else I can get my new companion up to lev 25, rather than the standard 15, so she should survive a little longer.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

At level 8 the Acolyte of Kelemvor already had as many hit points as my Cleric has at lev 15, plus, since she doesn't actually cast any healing spells, she doesn't pull nearly as much aggro, so she already survives much longer.  At level 25 she should be pretty doggone resilient.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I could probably clothe an entire large country with all these "Detailed Leather/Cloth/Mail" shirts and pants I'm forcing my underpaid workers to create! :disguise:

I could probably clothe an entire large country with all these "Detailed Leather/Cloth/Mail" shirts and pants I'm forcing my underpaid workers to create! :disguise:

LOL, yeah I've made quite the pile of mail and scale shirts and pants too, largely because they seem to be the item with the best experience to time and resources invested ratio.  I like to think that I'm helping to clothe all the unfortunate people that lost their homes and belongings after the cataclysm hit Neverwinter.  I'm doing my part to help the community.  :thumbsup:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thanks to fast leveling + Leadership, I now have two chrs. at 30+, my main at 45, others at clvl's 18, 22, 12, 16.

But... I must admit, I'm becoming a little weary of leveling professions. Sometimes by the time I roll over all the tasks on all 7 via the website, the first one is ready to change some tasks again. So I've started giving up time-efficiency a bit for more AFK time, so to speak. But...but...I must get at least one of each of the 6 professions to 20, darnit! :biggrin:

NWO-profession05.jpg

I'll be happy just to get mailsmithing and leadership up to 20.  Right now I'm at 16 for mailsmithing and 10 for leadership.  My main goal is to be able to make myself a purple shirt and pants, since those items generally don't drop and you can't buy them anywhere outside of AH.  I've seen all of 1 shirt, a blue lev 30 I wore until fairly recently, drop for my character and zero pants.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'll be happy just to get mailsmithing and leadership up to 20.  Right now I'm at 16 for mailsmithing and 10 for leadership.  My main goal is to be able to make myself a purple shirt and pants, since those items generally don't drop and you can't buy them anywhere outside of AH.  I've seen all of 1 shirt, a blue lev 30 I wore until fairly recently, drop for my character and zero pants.

I bought one green mailsmith from AH when I saw one a bit cheaper than the going rate.  I'll probably buy a few more when I find them at discount.  I'm pretty much decked out in almost all purples right now (I'll post a picture when I get home), so my main goal right now is fusing some sweet runes for my Acolyte of Kelemvor and fusing enchantments for myself.  Unlike with my other run of the mill companions, wehre I just plopped any ol' runestone on them since they were never going to be particularly good anyway, I'm being careful what I put on the Acolyte, since she's actually a doggone good companion.  Right now I have yet to put a single rune on her because they're so expensive to remove so I need to plan strategically and wait to fuse higher rank stones.  I don't want to put anything on her below rank 6.  All rank 7s would be ideal, but that would take a ridiculous amount of time and/or AD.

Gah, double post.  Curse you, browser.  (I'm stuck with an ancient version of Internet Explorer at work.  Yuck)

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I read on the forum that you may need the purple "tools" in order to get the socket or something like that (t3) of a lot of that end profession gear. I'm not sure how true that is, since the task shows the reward item as having a socket. But maybe what they meant is you need them to put a socket in the higher end task rewards that don't have a socket by default, or to get an extra socket (the pinkish one as well as a regular one?). Dunno.

Also, the comprehensive console command list, for anyone interested in it. http://pastebin.com/C8hFrZY4
I was most interested in the FOV, which I'd read you could alter. Supposedly it's this one:

/gfxsetdefaultfov (value 55 default, higher is more zoomed out)

Haven't tried it ingame yet, and I don't know if you have to retype it every time you login.

I read on the forum that you may need the purple "tools" in order to get the socket or something like that (t3) of a lot of that end profession gear.

...finally bothered to look at making an item with a socket in it (just a blue one) ... and you do need high level tool assets to actually get the socket and the stats shown. If all you have are "white" asset tools, no socket and lower stats - misleading.

So basically millions of diamonds - saved or $$/zen-exchanged - to buy off the AH, or $$/zen for a random chance to get one in a prof. pack (and you need more than one to get the assumed required 100% quality rating). 

Ah well, still having fun leveling up the professions. 3 at lvl14 now ... the creation of new workers is still endless. But I think you'd need about 15 low level alts, with 3 open slots, all dedicated to making only workers, to feel seriously "efficient." :p

meh, I'm getting tired of all the repetition, just blazing through the story with my alt, then we'll try to duo all the dungeons with a friend, then after I hit lv 60 I'll probably delete that char and wait for new classes/race to come out

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The game comes out of beta and goes live on the 20th.  I hope there's no character wipe.  Also, they'll be adding the Gauntlgrym end game content which will be a weird 20 on 20 PvE/PvP/PvE hybrid.  Sounds intriguing, butalso time consuming.  I'll definitely give it at least one go, though.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, the repetition gets wearisome after a couple characters. The characters may have different skills but there's not too much room for major variation, with only 1 paragon tree and, imo, often feeling forced to used Hero points on things you don't care about just to get to the 20 etc. you need for next skill tier. More importantly tho, the quests/areas are too same-y. With the areas being so small it's even worse.

So the game is going official on the 20th? Is that a new announcement? A couple days ago no one had a clue as to a live date, still. The "big" patch will peak my curiosity...this is the long list of changes they're planning on: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

I'll be eager to see just how much extra dmg. is done by companions, because that's definitely weak. Super weak ... especially the melee attacks. 

The game could use an option to tell your companion to attack something first, imo. And they're useless for taking/maintaining any attention away from your character, really.

Hopefully the balance update helps some of the more tank type companions to pull aggro more effectively.  They're still likely to go down fairly quickly because they're stupid and won't get out of the way of big charge up attacks and AoEs like (good) players will.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I still can't avoid those big red circle attacks all the time. Run out of stamina too often compared to how often/fast they can cast it. Or I'm stuck in the middle of an attack animation/response delay and it doesn't end soon enough for me to step out of the way. :p In the quest stuff at least, most of the time you can just quaff potions and be fine anyway.

I imagine in the dungeons the cleric aggro would have me running around in circles, unable to do much between healing/buff cast timers, a lot more. Hope for group players that the changes will help with the healer aggro I read so much about. They should pull some aggro, but sounds like it is/was pretty unbalanced. :lol: