Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

That's beautiful! Nice double rainbow!

I've got a picture of one myself, but it's full 'o fail due to being the cell cam. :/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That's a great shot, Ros.

...unfortunately ever since I saw that double-rainbow YouTube video, that's all that comes to mind now. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 weeks later...

Love the 2nd pic, Shady. Makes me want to pull up a chair and enjoy the view.

The  last one makes me think of someone I knew from the East Coast. He'd always talk about enjoying the turning of the colors in fall - something we don't get in large quantities, typically, around here.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@  ShadySands

Beautiful photos, pic #2 totally reminds me of the landscape surrounding the Overlook hotel in The Shining.  :w00t:

Pic of a typical country road around here in early spring, thats how the roads of my cycling routes look like. 

countryroad_zps9ac660a7.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Whenever I sit down to watch a little TV, this is my view. He'll sit there and stare at me for 10-15 minutes before giving up briefly, then coming back and doing it again. Over and over, for as long as I'm sitting there. Hoping for treats or a lap or some kind of attention. Sometimes, I watch him watching me more than I end up watching what's on the tube. :biggrin:

Since our house is a dark cave, you have two photo options: the underexposed and super grainy version, or the "this built-in flash sucks" green eye version. The first is actually more representative of what I feel like I see, in terms of his eyes.

mrblack-041.jpg

mrblack-042.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful autumn day here - so I decided to go for a walk around my town and play tourist.

I've always loved the architecture of Amalienborg (the Queen's recidency) and the 'Marble Church'.

in6j.jpg

yw6x.jpg

On my way home I stopped at the one of the lakes that seperate the inner city from the "bride quarters" where I live.. All rather idyllical.

6j1f.jpg

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

photos from Blue Ridge Parkway and near Mt Mitchell (not my photos)

fall_mtmitchell5.jpg

fall_mtmitchell3.jpg

fall3.jpg

Me and my friends drove through Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah in august, it was breathtakingly beautiful.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

mrblack-042.jpg

Ah, the demon animal look.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Excellent photos, kgambit! 

Autumn!

molln2_zps7b029366.jpg

Where was this one taken?

Austrian national park ''Kalkalpen'', why?

Because my wife is Austrian, born in Linz and she thought it looked familiar.  :)  

Thats cool, I was born in Linz, too, and lived there until I was 14. Give her my regards and an imaginary Linzertorte.  :)

To be more specific about the pic, it was taken near the town Molln

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.