Latest "Under the Dome" episode ... cliffhanger, what's that councilman dad going to do now? Dun,da,dundundunnnn....also, the fallen preacher has now become the repentant-and-shoutcrazy-nut preacher.

Also...Alaska sustenance/survival living reality show "Below Zero" should forget about the other people and focus entirely on the young man "Wiseman," because he's cool.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The surprisingly warm reception to the unexpected premiere screening of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot episode at Comic-Con has made me super stoked for the September 24th network debut. :w00t:   

Agent Coulsen lives!

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Was bored, so ordered Showtime, because they have a few original series I've been wanting to check out (not Dexter, seen that before on DVDs).

First few episodes of Shameless (the US version). It wasn't quite what I was expecting ... I thought it was going to be broader comedy ... but it seems pretty decent. I love William H. Macy and the rest of the cast are mostly good, especially the two older sons. They have every episode available VoD so guess we'll be watching a couple a night for a while. The original (UK?) series has been on Netflix too, I might watch it later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The surprisingly warm reception to the unexpected premiere screening of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot episode at Comic-Con has made me super stoked for the September 24th network debut. :w00t:   

Agent Coulsen lives!

I'm getting the idea this universe is starting to get too big, though. I hope it doesn't branch out into series of comic books and shows that affect the main cinematic series. I hate homework for movies.

Agent Coulsen lives!

I'm getting the idea this universe is starting to get too big, though. I hope it doesn't branch out into series of comic books and shows that affect the main cinematic series. I hate homework for movies.

Too late, it already happened a few years ago.  Not to mention, S.H.I.E.L.D. has appeared in various comic books for decades.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just finished watching 'Severance', which is showing on the BBC iplayer.

I know any movie which tries to take off a genre while still expanding it is walking a tricky line, I felt this one did it well. There's plenty of gore. People die, sometimes expectedly, sometimes unexpectedly. The characters evolve. It has a good cathartic ending.

Fully recommend.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Agent Coulsen lives!

From what I gather, the tv series will mostly deal with D list and original characters. If anything, you will need to watch the movies to get everything from the tv series

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just started watching American Horror Story (season 1 on DVD).  Creepiest TV show I've seen in a very, very long time.

Jessica Lange is awesome but the entire cast is good. 

Yeah its excellent, Season 2 is even better :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Agent Coulsen lives!

Too late, it already happened a few years ago.  Not to mention, S.H.I.E.L.D. has appeared in various comic books for decades.

The key phrase I used here is how much it affects the main cinematic universe, not the branching out. I'm fine with them adding a bunch of crap on the side, as long as I'm not required to know about it to understand the films.

Also, big duh. I know what S.H.I.E.L.D. is. If I hadn't read the comics before, I'd still know it because of the disastrous Hasselhoff flick. Everyone knows who S.H.I.E.L.D. is. Again, I meant specifically to the cinematic canon. But the main drawback of the comic universe is how overcomplicated and large it is. I dislike having to follow five other series of comics just to be able to follow the one I like - I hated having to read ten different X-Men related comics just so I could understand what was going on in Cable & Deadpool. This translates to movie universe as well. I'm fine with the occassional side story, but as far as I'm concerned this new show better be self-contained because if it's ****, I don't want to have to watch it as a homework assignment for the movies.

I'm annoyed they changed the opening credits of the Newsroom. The new ones are boring and the music is bland. I know its nitpicky, but I really liked the theme music for season 1.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Under the Dome - the crazy kidnapping man-child is a horrible character. Or the actor is a horrible actor. Or maybe both. He needs to die. Loved the very very end of this episode tho ... could see it coming a mile away, but Dean Norris made it fun. :devil:

Junior is going to kill Angie. Too bad as the actress has done a decent job with hit and miss material.  The actor playing Junior isn't the worstbut the chaarcter doesn't make any sense. Now.. the woman playing the report, the man playing the priest, and Bambie are all horrible.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bambie is eye-candy to me and not much more. ;) He doesn't have a whole lot to do most of the time outside of a lot of reaction shots. The reporter woman definitely falls flat. The priest amuses me in that "King mini-series always has an over the top ranter role" type of way. For some reason he brought to mind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar hollering "Bring out your dead!" in The Stand. :lol:

• Like 1

Finally started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix, into season 3 so far. Did anyone else want to punch Skyler at this point?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Agent Coulsen lives!

The key phrase I used here is how much it affects the main cinematic universe, not the branching out. I'm fine with them adding a bunch of crap on the side, as long as I'm not required to know about it to understand the films.

Also, big duh. I know what S.H.I.E.L.D. is. If I hadn't read the comics before, I'd still know it because of the disastrous Hasselhoff flick. Everyone knows who S.H.I.E.L.D. is. Again, I meant specifically to the cinematic canon. But the main drawback of the comic universe is how overcomplicated and large it is. I dislike having to follow five other series of comics just to be able to follow the one I like - I hated having to read ten different X-Men related comics just so I could understand what was going on in Cable & Deadpool. This translates to movie universe as well. I'm fine with the occassional side story, but as far as I'm concerned this new show better be self-contained because if it's ****, I don't want to have to watch it as a homework assignment for the movies.

I feel you bro. Nothing is worse than having to read/watch a bunch of **** you're not interested in to get the whole story.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Not directly on the box, and I know there's the sharp split of love/hate for this show on the forum, but since I found this the other day I thought I'd throw it up here for anyone who wants to spend an hour or so viewing.

(note, the sound is a bit on the low side)

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm watching Orphan Black and it's pretty outstanding, so far. Tatiana Maslany is an incredible actress.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Season 4 blu-ray release of Star Trek: The Next Generation today, woot! 

Thanks to TrekCore.com for the image. Top row is the uneven color-timing of standard definition across four episodes. 

Bottom row is remastered, high definition. Engage!

tngs4-review-colorcomparisonchart-strip_

All Stop. On Screen.

Orange is the New Black - the newest Netflix original series. Fish out of water woman in low security prison for a crime she did 10 years ago or something likethat. Drama/comedy I think, based on someone's real-life memoir, although highly exaggerated I'd assume. First episode doesn't leave the best impression, but the 2nd was a lot better, so I might watch some more.

Also: saw an ad for the new Michael J. Fox series this fall on NPC. I hope it does well (and is a good show, of course), and I hope this means he's well enough to maintain a whole series. Because if it does, that's awesome. Call me oldskool, but I've always loved Fox/his comedy/acting and always will. It woudl be great to have him back more regularly.

Fox is awesome. 'Nough said.

Anyone who says Volo is a troll is an evil racist.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.