On the fence about Da Vinci's Demons. I can't decide if it is more dramatized historical fiction, or creepy historical fan-fiction.

Meanwhile, I thought last night's Doctor Who was quite good.

It was definitely one of the better episodes of this season. Hopefully they have finished feeding the emotional junkies their "friendship is magic and solves everything" fix and can continue delivering episodes with solid plot.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

An impressive list, I loved Banshee.

I've noticed on quite a few forums with some people deriding TV shows in general, probably due to reality TV, but there is an abundance of good shows to watch. I have a tendency to focus on a about 5 or 6 tv shows every week as they air, and then catch up on other shows with a series marathon during a week or weekend when they're nearing or finished for the season.

I did that recently with Spartacus and did a Season 3 marathon and watched it over two nights. My next marathon I started this week is Once Upon A Time as it's nearing it's season finale.

An impressive list, I loved Banshee.

I've noticed on quite a few forums with some people deriding TV shows in general, probably due to reality TV, but there is an abundance of good shows to watch. I have a tendency to focus on a about 5 or 6 tv shows every week as they air, and then catch up on other shows with a series marathon during a week or weekend when they're nearing or finished for the season.

I did that recently with Spartacus and did a Season 3 marathon and watched it over two nights. My next marathon I started this week is Once Upon A Time as it's nearing it's season finale.

I agree, we are spoilt by choice on TV series

You are one of the few people I know that also watches some of the unusual shows, like Once Upon a Time

Oh I think you may have missed one. Have you seen Justified? If not please watch it. Its the best "cop"  show I have ever seen and my 3rd favorite TV series of all time

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Judging all TV shows like "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" or (Insert Jersey reality show) is just plain stupid. I do have to chastise you for not including Dexter on your list however, that show is excellent.

Most of my time is spent studying, working out, or other things, so I have a hard time catching most good television programs. The only thing I loyally watch is Doctor Who.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Judging all TV shows like "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" or (Insert Jersey reality show) is just plain stupid. I do have to chastise you for not including Dexter on your list however, that show is excellent.

Most of my time is spent studying, working out, or other things, so I have a hard time catching most good television programs. The only thing I loyally watch is Doctor Who.

Seriously whats the purpose a show like "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" ?

I could only stomach watching it for 20 minutes, it made me nauseous ;(

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Seriously whats the purpose a show like "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" ?

I could only stomach watching it for 20 minutes, it made me nauseous ;(

To make people kill themselves.

I do have to chastise you for not including Dexter on your list however, that show is excellent.

Oh I think you may have missed one. Have you seen Justified? If not please watch it. Its the best "cop" show I have ever seen and my 3rd favorite TV series of all time

Forgot to add those two. Actually, probably forgot to add about another 10. :p

Times have really changed. Back in the day you had to wait week to week to watch a TV series and channels would move the shows to different days which made it hard to follow. Nowadays you can get a whole season and watch it in a weekend.

Forgot to add those two. Actually, probably forgot to add about another 10. :p

Times have really changed. Back in the day you had to wait week to week to watch a TV series and channels would move the shows to different days which made it hard to follow. Nowadays you can get a whole season and watch it in a weekend.

Science can't be all bad, if it allows me to skip commercials and binge on TV when I feel like it.

Spartacus has ended up being one of my favourites. Treads the fine line between over the top seriousness and unintentional hilarity, and everyone involved just looks like they're having the best time ever while running around in their posing pouches drenched in food colouring 255.

Caught up on the first two episodes of Defiance. Entertaining so far, although I must have missed the beginning that explains why Earth is all jacked up and why there are a bunch of different alien races and animals (Ill read about it in the Defiance wiki). For some reason the lead male reminds me of the captain of Firefly.

I don't think they have really delved into the history in defiance. The wikipedia article is pretty in depth and the history is pretty awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think Walking Dead season 3 comes out on DVD in June. I haven't seen it since I finished season 2 a few months back. I can't stand waiting for weekly episodes so I wait to get the whole thing. Finally I'll be able to stop skipping and start reading all of your posts on the show :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Its about time the Pawn Stars Network got something history related.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Orphan Black: man, just how long can Susan keep impersonating a P.O.? Her partner is getting suspicious. And why the heck didn't she finish off the nut-job clone? Gah!

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Orphan Black: man, just how long can Susan keep impersonating a P.O.? Her partner is getting suspicious. And why the heck didn't she finish off the nut-job clone? Gah!

I've been thinking of looking in to that show, how is it?

I've been thinking of looking in to that show, how is it?

Well I've enjoyed it thus far. There haven't really been many sci-fi elements, other than the existence of the clones. It's more of a BBC-style mystery drama, with a healthy dose of suspense. I think that part of the back story is exploring the effect of environment on character development, since the clones are such a diverse group of individuals. The last episode had a hint of something else... like a mysterious connection between some of the clones.

Started watching Netflix's new original Hemlock Grove. 1st episode was kinda "huh?" with all this character setup, but then at the end...ewww, that makeup scene of a werewolf change,  heh. It's not, btw, very Twilight-y, despite seeming like it might be from the pics and such. Darker. Going to watch a couple more.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've watched a few of these Amazon Pilot series.  I like the idea of us voting on pilots to get them on the air, and the quality of them has been pretty high.  The show called Betas was the most intriguing, since it is set in my neck of the woods.  Dark Minions was also fun, basically about two stormtroopers who are just doing the job for the benefits.

Hemlock Grove: Realized I had watched the 2nd episode (thinking it was the first) by mistake, so no wonder I was all "huh?" Fixed that then watched a couple more. But then .... I skipped to the very last episode and watched that. It's a problem with having a season all at once. Or a benefit, depending on your point of view....like when you skip forward because the pacing of the show is so glacial/weird/soap operaish you end up with no patience to sit through 9 more episodes for the "answers."

So...mildly interesting with some ok actors but ultimately pointless - a bit like a less-amusing Twin Peaks with a horror fantasy setting. House of Cards was much better.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://igg.me/at/BookOfPureEvil/x/3149648

Todd and the Book of Pure Evil is running an indie gogo campaign to finish the series with an animated movie. If you haven't watched it its on Netflix in the US.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Started watching Netflix's new original Hemlock Grove. 1st episode was kinda "huh?" with all this character setup, but then at the end...ewww, that makeup scene of a werewolf change,  heh. It's not, btw, very Twilight-y, despite seeming like it might be from the pics and such. Darker. Going to watch a couple more.

Thanks for the tip. I had never even heard of this series and its exactly what I enjoy :)

John Milton 

Using Netflix to watch the 1st season of Law and Order. I'm not sure I've ever seen those, doesn't seem familiar. I've only seen the Law and Orders in reruns/syndication so the 1st couple season aren't something they play much anymore...kinda interesting. Michael Moriarty is rather awesome. As usual I struggled to remember what else he was in and then remembered Pale Rider, one of my fave 80's Eastwood movies. Heh.

Thanks for the tip. I had never even heard of this series and its exactly what I enjoy :)

:)

It ended up being too slow for me, but what I watched, definitely had some moments. It's possible a 2nd season (which I think is forthcoming) could improve it.

About the only investigative drama series I've enjoyed recently is NCIS. Most are too depressingly real world. Probably why I prefer fantasy and sci-fi.