The funny things thread

Rosbjerg

That "Brevik" gets a "++" for Norway on that list is rather disturbing, and probably tells me a little too much about the attitudes held on 4chan.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

My goD! That TP thrower is genius!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

130332.gif

Nobody talks about how aerodynamic mullets are. If you're not careful and over-compensate, you too can jump over and through the middle rope. Maybe more hair grease would have helped.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 2

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Motivationb.jpg

That... elf... has quite _literally_ no genitals. Although the leather waistcoat over bare chest was what made me look.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For a little geek story and humour..

via wil wheaton's blog..

When I finished one of my photo ops in Ottawa, Nathan Fillion was doing one of his in the photo area next to mine. Anne was with me, and I know that she loves him as much as I do, so I grabbed her hand and ran with her into Nathan’s line.

I walked over to Nathan, and said to him, so Anne couldn’t hear, “Would you literally sweep her off her feet?” He laughed and said he would. Then he turned to me and said, “And you stand here, and look sad.”

So I did and this happened:

in-which-nathan-fillion-sweeps-anne-whea

To be soon followed by:

So John Barrowman is really, really awesome. Anne and I got to spend a bit of time with him in Phoenix at the comic con, and he was simply wonderful.

At one point, Anne showed him the picture of her and me with Nathan Fillion, and told him the story from Ottawa Comic Con.

“We should do that, only I’ll hold you and Anne will look sad,” John said.

I made a noise like a tween meeting Bieber, and then this happened:

John-Barrowman-Sweeps-Wil-Wheaton-off-hi

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That Harry Potter thing reminded me of this NFB classic.

EDIT: This actually won an Oscar (Best Documentary, Short Subjects) and was nominated for another (Best Short Subject, One Reel)

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Wil Wheaton may never be a very good actor, but he sure can be an awesome geek blogger. :lol:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts