Gorth

Hi everyone,

Today I posted my first message. Love Obsidian games and looking forward to Project Eternity!

Go away!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

These new guys are so ****ing cuddly I'm almost missing the flame wars with Bukkake and the right wing nuts I forgot the name of.

Haha .. Man yeah, that guy was crazy. LoF was a good leftwing substitute while he lasted, the new russians aren't as much fun.

Fortune favors the bald.

Did you guys run LoF off Ros? As trolls go he was more amusing than most.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We haven't done anything to him, he'll probably wander round at some point again. Not at all relatedly, I haven't seen Krezack around either...

Started the day with various meetings from 12-5 then came home and had to take a nap, which happens about twice a year for me. Must be getting old.

Sitting here thinking, once again, that the world has become too noisy/busy/complicated for me. I would very much like to spend the rest of my life lying on a blanket in a shadowed forest, staring up at the clouds, with nothing but the sound of the wind, my husband's breathing, and the cats purring.

*gets back to work on her rabbit-hole evacuation in the backyard....*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally almost passed that darn kidney stone today. It's been fun... in an "at least I don't have a brain tumor" sort of way. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

It's funny; this is my 11th. I'm prone to the stone, and I'm almost getting used to them. Most of the time I barely notice them making their way through any more. They must be scraping the cruft off the plumbing as they go. Yes, I have really clean pipes... :)

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Kidney stones suck, I had one recently and I never knew something so small could hurt so much.

Today I tried to catch up on my forum reading, I'm almost halfway :p

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I started shopping for a new computer today.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Covered Dada in an art class, spent the whole 3 hour, 50 minute class in despair because some late teen-early 20s kid in it was talking to a middle aged woman about his beliefs that plate tectonics is a lie and the Earth is expanding, and that there are black holes at the center of the Sun and Earth (which, obviously, is the cause of the Earth's expansion.)

My head still hurts. Dada was a welcome catharsis, but I don't know what can cure that kind of stupid. I did ask, and he has never taken a physics, geology or astronomy class. And has no intention of ever doing so.

Cooking a large hunk of corned beef (for sandwiches). I'm not big on cooking overall (eg, lazy....) but I'll say one thing about it: I sure do love the way it makes the house smell awesome for a few hours or more. Sometimes, I just boil a pot of water with some oregano and basil leaf in it, just for the smell. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Covered Dada in an art class, spent the whole 3 hour, 50 minute class in despair because some late teen-early 20s kid in it was talking to a middle aged woman about his beliefs that plate tectonics is a lie and the Earth is expanding, and that there are black holes at the center of the Sun and Earth (which, obviously, is the cause of the Earth's expansion.)

My head still hurts. Dada was a welcome catharsis, but I don't know what can cure that kind of stupid. I did ask, and he has never taken a physics, geology or astronomy class. And has no intention of ever doing so.

ouch, I feel your pain.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Finally almost passed that darn kidney stone today. It's been fun... in an "at least I don't have a brain tumor" sort of way. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

It's funny; this is my 11th. I'm prone to the stone, and I'm almost getting used to them. Most of the time I barely notice them making their way through any more. They must be scraping the cruft off the plumbing as they go. Yes, I have really clean pipes... :)

Kidney stones suck, I had one recently and I never knew something so small could hurt so much.

Today I tried to catch up on my forum reading, I'm almost halfway :p

My first kidney stone was the worst pain I've ever had, beating a fortnight of toothache, I thought I was dying and got rushed off to hospital, eventually it passed and the pain just melted away...so quickly that I almost felt a fool for causing such a fuss, I've had quite a few since then but none so agonizing thank god  :sweat:

*edit*

I held my dad's ashes today...****ing weird s'all I can say.

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 1

Nothing like getting in at 0730 and there's a P1 issue. My head still hurts.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Man, I wasted most of the morning and afternoon (on great things though), but now I have to study twice as hard for the rest of the day .. I should also stop browsing Obsidian..... in a few minutes..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Finally may be in the processing period of refinancing our home loan, which will likely = about $1000 a month savings. What a pain in the arse. But it's a good thing, so I guess it's worth the hassle. ;)  Probably spend most of the day LAN gaming with the spouse. Not quite warm enough outside yet to motivate to do much else.

Spent last week working interstate. Had an interesting trip home, as a storm was bearing down on Sydney, almost preventing me from leaving on the Friday night. Plenty of delays and cancellations and a rather bumpy ride when finally getting off the ground. Sort of makes you appreciate that you are wearing those seat belts, to prevent lumps on your forehead when hitting the ceiling ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Spent last week working interstate. Had an interesting trip home, as a storm was bearing down on Sydney, almost preventing me from leaving on the Friday night. Plenty of delays and cancellations and a rather bumpy ride when finally getting off the ground. Sort of makes you appreciate that you are wearing those seat belts, to prevent lumps on your forehead when hitting the ceiling ;)

Hi Gorth :)

I wondering where you have been, you have been quiet lately. Good to have you back

"Gorthfucious" :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hi Gorth :)

I wondering where you have been, you have been quiet lately. Good to have you back

"Gorthfucious" :grin:

:grin:

Thanks. It's good to be back again. Did sort of keep an eye on the place, but mostly just to check for reports, spam accounts and unapproved posts. Things you can do in 10 seconds without being conspicuous while in meetings. Spent my nights in the city rather than at the hotel ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finally got around to dealing with some accounts I haven't touched in years. There is a bit of relief in knowing I won't have to do that anytime soon.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Today was the fifth birthday of my father since he died, we(mom, sis and I) decided to celebrate by going to our family(my father's family) on the other end of the country, eat cake and reminisce. In other words, a fun day with the family.

• Like 1

---