What things do you NOT want in Project Eternity?

Well, I think project eternity should have the possibility to play and explore it together. Coop or lan playable games are motivating (for eg. on lan partys 10+ years old games are still played, no surprise if you ask me). RPG means more than fight, loot and level! It takes you into another world and this world should be gregarious, alive and likeable. I don't want a game that I only can play alone, I want to play it with friends and have joint adventures!

Well, I think project eternity should have the possibility to play and explore it together. Coop or lan playable games are motivating (for eg. on lan partys 10+ years old games are still played, no surprise if you ask me). RPG means more than fight, loot and level! It takes you into another world and this world should be gregarious, alive and likeable. I don't want a game that I only can play alone, I want to play it with friends and have joint adventures!

Too bad. I'm sure you loved Mass Effect 3, because that was the major systemic change they did from ME1-2, where the SP campaign wouldn't get the best ending without it (fixed after the fact). Oh yeah, the much larger SP audience really liked that. You should also play an MMO.

Since you don't want PE, you can go away now.  :biggrin:

And level scaling IS in--with locked zonal encounter scaling and bounded plot level-scaling. All of this stuff should be in the FAQ/sticky/wiki/whatever.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Too bad. I'm sure you loved Mass Effect 3, because that was the major systemic change they did from ME1-2, where the SP campaign wouldn't get the best ending without it (fixed after the fact). Oh yeah, the much larger SP audience really liked that. You should also play an MMO.

Since you don't want PE, you can go away now.  :biggrin:

And level scaling IS in--with locked zonal encounter scaling and bounded plot level-scaling. All of this stuff should be in the FAQ/sticky/wiki/whatever.

The obvious and unnecessary flame-baiting aside, I think games like the IE games can offer what MMO's usually don't, and that's a small group of people/ close friends experiencing an epic story together. So count me in on the side of those who'd support some kind of MP.

Slightly missed the topic of this thread though

I think games like the IE games can offer what MMO's usually don't, and that's a small group of people/ close friends experiencing an epic story together. So count me in on the side of those who'd support some kind of MP.

I don't get why 2 or 3 friends can't play an IE style game together, each controlling 2 or 3 characters in the same party. I've seen a Let's Play series, or part of one, where they did it for IWD1. Bit of a kerfuffle to get the network/IP setup, but yeah, I don't see what the fuss is.

Maybe the term "Multiplayer" is the problem? People think MMO or teams or deathmatch or something?

Having one other co-player would be a blast. Have them play 3 of the 6 characters and see how it goes.

Edited by TRX850
  • Like 1

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for.

Same confusion with "dumbing down." The quotes are commonly used to reference something incorrectly labeled or misrepresented by another. So, I just wanted to make sure, because it strikes me as a bit odd to not want supposed dumbing down of mechanics, but it makes perfect sense to oppose the actual dumbing down of mechanics.

As I have seen in other posts you love to bend over and take all of the dumbing down with great pleasure. You also attack anybody that criticizes the dumbing down. So, yes, I meant dumbing down, i.e. destroying the mechanics so that the game caters more to retards, which might be the reason why you like it.

Considering we do not even know the extent of the gameplay mechanics that will actually appear in this game, what are you railing against? And if you really hate this game (which is still supposedly in the conceptual phase) why do you post in a forum dedicated to it? Aside from being incredibly crude and insulting to someone who really said nothing to deserve it, why are you so upset about theoretical "dumbing down" and what does that even mean in the context of a not-D&D cRPG?

:biggrin:

Stop spreading misinformations.

Josh confirmed that if they scale anything, they'll scale only special crit path encounters. "The only things we're likely to scale with player level are crit-path special encounters and even then, only within a range of levels."

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63017-level-scaling-and-its-misuse/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1297921

Those FedEx quests, when you gotta deliver something, or some message, to a NPC in the same map, and the other NPC is just to lazy to go by himself.

Also bugs. I don't exactly know what the last goal (enhance the entire game) means, but a bug-free game would be nice.

I don't exactly know what the last goal (enhance the entire game) means, but a bug-free game would be nice.

I don't understand. Insectoid creatures add valuable variety to the game's beastiary. :)

"You chose background trait: Exterminator."

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but... Dialogue options that are listed as some crazy shorthand version that doesn't even mean the same thing as what you actually say.

I can't even begin to describe how infuriating it is when you choose "Maybe we should just go...", only to hear your character say "Well, you guys and your deity SUCK and are STEWPID, so we should probably just be on our way."

O_O... Where in that option did it inform me that I was about to instigate conflict?!

Or, you know, there's always "That's a lovely amulet you're wearing," and "That's a lovely amulet you're wearing, *ATTACK*" listed without the "*ATTACK*" part, so you have no idea as to the tone. "Crap, I wanted to compliment that amulet and/or get information about it, NOT snidely suggest a polite comment whilst inferring with my blade-unsheathing and subsequent life-taking actions that I MUST possess it by any and all means, right this moment!"

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Much to my chagrin, i'm going to just ignore the flagrant spelling and punctuation errors rife throughout the post and address the (what should be) obvious logic here.

Have you thought that perhaps Kecaw's native language is not English?

Why, exactly, should I care? In English classes in English-speaking countries, teachers correct the mistakes of their students so that they might write and speak English with more proficiency. Why do you care enough to ignore the subject of the thread just to white knight for another poster?

Furthermore, what is Obsidian best known for? Exceptional writing. What country is Obsidian located in? The US. What is the standard, albeit unofficial, language of the US? English. The much lauded writers of Obsidian are writing in English. What kind of game Planescape would have been if it had been filled with unintentional spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors?

So, in a return to the subject of the thread, here's a thing I don't want in Project Eternity: Poor writing. Good thing I'll get my wish.

Edited by AGX-17

Much to my chagrin, i'm going to just ignore the flagrant spelling and punctuation errors rife throughout the post and address the (what should be) obvious logic here.

Have you thought that perhaps Kecaw's native language is not English?

Why, exactly, should I care? In English classes in English-speaking countries, teachers correct the mistakes of their students so that they might write and speak English with more proficiency. Why do you care enough to ignore the subject of the thread just to white knight for another poster?

Furthermore, what is Obsidian best known for? Exceptional writing. What country is Obsidian located in? The US. What is the standard, albeit unofficial, language of the US? English. The much lauded writers of Obsidian are writing in English. What kind of game Planescape would have been if it had been filled with unintentional spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors?

So, in a return to the subject of the thread, here's a thing I don't want in Project Eternity: Poor writing. Good thing I'll get my wish.

Because PE is gonna  be translated to several languages, my wish is that the good original english writing don´t get lost in translation. 

I don't want them to use camel case, and they MUST use K&R bracing style.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pages and pages of ranting about a non issue like female sexuality and bikini armor....  And all I came into this thread for was to say "I would really like it if we could not include Jar Jar Binks or "insert moron who is annoying but lore friendly" in the game for pointless comedy relief."

Seriously, how many times do they have to say they are looking for realistic armor types and designing the game with a fantasy, but believable, style before people stop bringing this stuff up?  Read the updates, play their other games, use common sense.  When has Obsidian EVER made a game where women used different armor then men or looked like they were wearing a bikini when the item description said full plate?  This isn't being made by elder scrolls modders and it isn't going to have "skimpy" armors, move on.