What you did today

Gorth

Oliver is about ready to stab somebody over his insurance issues.

School terminated me academically, meaning I can't use the health facilities on campus. And thus my insurance is useless outside of an ER situation. I'm trying to get insurance through my WORK, but to get that I need a notification of my insurance being terminated... but the insurance company shows me as having an active plan through aug of this year.

Also, the school isn't billing me for the health insurance, so I don't know WTF is going on (the school said my insurance would be terminated upon my campus termination). Calling four different people and submitting two sets of paperwork so far.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have been pondering starting a counter thread to this one:

"What else you did today"

And try to reap the success this thread has been having.

I'm scared a bit of the ensuing legal battle, where I'll have to reinburse the views and posts generated by the similarity of thread names. Though I guess if I hire Nepenthe, he'll take care of that.

That only leaves the problem of havign actual success with the spin off thread. I may have to do a bit more market research first and then decide on a clear and distinct brand positioning.

You could try a hypothetical thread, "What you wanted to do today" (but didn't get around to actually do) :grin:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Back home with a bag of ice between my legs.  It was easy enough, but the burning smell was pretty unsettling.  oh and I have no idea how people go about normally on valium, I was loopy.

So when do you have to go for the follow up, check up or whatever?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Back home with a bag of ice between my legs.  It was easy enough, but the burning smell was pretty unsettling.  oh and I have no idea how people go about normally on valium, I was loopy.

The burnings smell.... =]

Jeez, I'm starting to get phantom pains in my crotch just reading that... and only Valium? but yeah it's probably more of a nerves thing than pain.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hold up, they dont gas you for that! That had to be horriying to be awake for. :lol:

Just local anesthesia.  It is really weird to have a guy working for an hour down there, but I guess ladies go through that regularly.  They gave me some decent painkillers for after, but so far I only used one to help me sleep.  The only evidence is one stitch and a bit of swelling.

Medical really.  It wasnt healthy for my wife to continue on her birth control.  We dont plan on having more kids, so it is a pretty common choice to make.

Meh. I was hoping you would have said it was because of your curious nature :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Vasectomy... that's like a lobotomy for men. just a little snip, yeah right :ninja:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not to divert the thread from that topic.. But I woke up to yet more snowfall from some very weird and vivid dreams.

Was that type where it's more the watcher of an old style 50's film rather then actually being in the dream myself.   But some convoluted David Niven-esque character as an Angel taking a vacation on Earth, and somehow ending up as a kind of valet/manservant and super-nanny for a Navy Widow turned refined Pirate Queen and her kids in south-east asian waters..  and I have absolutely no bloody idea where that combination came from...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm declaring an official no-partying-for-me for the rest of January.... I was talking to this beautiful girl last night and we were having great fun, almost made a move.. then I found out she was 17..

hawkseattest.jpg

I compensated for the rest of the evening by only hitting on women I could clearly see were 30+

Fortune favors the bald.

My cat passed away last night.  She was about 13 years old and had been getting weaker over the last year, so it wasn't a big surprise.  I hope she wasn't in much pain, she went quietly in her sleep.

We had a nice burial ceremony for her out in the back yard.  My daughter made her a necklace with some flowers and a drawing.

• Like 1

SSDD type of day here. Probably more annoyed about my monitor acting up - OSD pops up without prompting - than I should be, but such is my way

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry to hear that Hurlshot, my old cat died a few years ago, she was 20 and had more life than most cats but her death was quite messy, I still miss her now and then :(

My cat is 19, but she isn't doing too well.

Still miss her sister who vanished nearly 10 years ago :/

And sitll feel that nagging guild that I should not have let her out, should have searched more etc

Sorry to hear that Hurlshot, my old cat died a few years ago, she was 20 and had more life than most cats but her death was quite messy, I still miss her now and then :(

My cat is 19, but she isn't doing too well.

Still miss her sister who vanished nearly 10 years ago :/

And sitll feel that nagging guild that I should not have let her out, should have searched more etc

Holy smoke, that must be the oldest cat I have ever heard about. That means its 92 years in human terms according to my handy cat age calculator :)

http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/agechart.htm

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela