What you did today

Gorth

Depends on who you talk to, some paleo people are ok with it some aren't - I think it's generally only northern Europeans (or those of that descent) that can fully digest milk, the people I know of Middle Eastern origins generally don't drink or consume that many diary products and especially not raw milk.. If it's off the table and it comes to that special ice craving however, you just put frozen berries in a blender with some almond milk and you've got the best ice icream you've ever tasted. And I'm a huge ice cream fan too.

This was a funny comment since I live in northern Europe and have a Middle Eastern origin.

Hurlshot: I usually stick to 1.5%

Been eating more healthily (and less), which is easy since I've essentially been living with my mother for the past three weeks (skinny lady :D). I'm now down about 5,5kilos from where I was in early december. Slow going, but in 2009 I crash dieted 20 kilos and got it basically immediately back after the ex walked out on me. Trying now to go slower, and not motivate myself with amazing women. Hell, I haven't even really started, I'm not counting calories or exercising, just eating better and walking the 10-15 minutes to work and back most days.

And I'm out of school for the semester... 40 hours a week of dealing with idiots HERE I COME :(

That sucks man, I feel for you. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

*sigh* and apparently I'm not gonna have an easy time getting in over summer because they notified me today. The first day of classes for the local CC is YESTERDAY, and I need 6 credits to be able to get back in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hmm.. never had problems digesting milk. In fact, I drink milk every morning before I go to work..usually with cornflakes. I'm too lazy to make a sammich.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

For people who haven't been drinking milk growing up it has a really repugnant odor that the rest of us can't detect. Kinda like coffe breath which only affects tea drinkers, in the sense that only non coffe drinkers can smell it. Biologically we are omnivorous, we can all digest cows milk except for those who are lactose intolerant.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

We can all digest cows milk except for those who are lactose intolerant.

We are told that, here in Denmark and northern Europe - but if you talk to people not of European descent out in the world, most can't drink more than a glass of milk without getting stomach ache, but of couse some can like Labadal. My last girlfriend was of Jewish ancestry and she couldn't digest milk.. I think most of us in the west are simply lactose tolerant and the rest aren't to the same degree. Just go to France, the don't drink nearly the same amount of milk we do in England or the Nordic countries. And when I lived in Paris people would often remark that they had stomach cramps if they drank as much as I did, which was about a pint a day.

Found some soruces on it.. These are people who can't digest milk..

"The frequency of decreased lactase activity ranges from 5% in northern Europe through 71% for Sicily to more than 90% in some African and Asian countries" Link

There's a possibility, I bike everywhere and my town is just a collection of steep hills, lately I've been putting more power into it, gotta take these things into consideration I suppose.

That's most likely the cause then.. Which is why, if you work out, you should often measure your fat percentage and/or your waist/arm/leg circumference and not just relay on the weight. That way you see the actual results and don't get discouraged when you aren't losing weight.

Fortune favors the bald.

Today I've had to deal with the coroner's office, they're wanting to do a post mortem on dad and my mum is understandably horrified, apparently we have no say in the matter even though my dad has been severely ill for over 15 years and all his doctors told us he was terminal...we do have the option of taking it to court but I honestly worry that the effort would kill my mum, we're probably just going to acquiesce :banghead:

Clients at work give good comedy I suppose. They had an issue, the developer over there decided on his own to just bounce a server process that's unrelated to the actual issue, has a similar sounding name. Well ok, then an urgent issue comes in where users can't use functionality dependent on that same server. Then they ask us "How can we prevent this?"

More than made up for the general suckiness of today. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Somebody started using my legal first name (I go by my middle name, I like it better) and then giving me little nicknames based around it. Didn't realize just how angry it'd get me.

Somebody started using my legal first name (I go by my middle name, I like it better) and then giving me little nicknames based around it. Didn't realize just how angry it'd get me.

I've had that too. Sucks. Not that my middle name is a lot better, but, hey.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

We can all digest cows milk except for those who are lactose intolerant.

We are told that, here in Denmark and northern Europe - but if you talk to people not of European descent out in the world, most can't drink more than a glass of milk without getting stomach ache, but of couse some can like Labadal. My last girlfriend was of Jewish ancestry and she couldn't digest milk.. I think most of us in the west are simply lactose tolerant and the rest aren't to the same degree. Just go to France, the don't drink nearly the same amount of milk we do in England or the Nordic countries. And when I lived in Paris people would often remark that they had stomach cramps if they drank as much as I did, which was about a pint a day.

Found some soruces on it.. These are people who can't digest milk..

"The frequency of decreased lactase activity ranges from 5% in northern Europe through 71% for Sicily to more than 90% in some African and Asian countries" Link

There's a possibility, I bike everywhere and my town is just a collection of steep hills, lately I've been putting more power into it, gotta take these things into consideration I suppose.

That's most likely the cause then.. Which is why, if you work out, you should often measure your fat percentage and/or your waist/arm/leg circumference and not just relay on the weight. That way you see the actual results and don't get discouraged when you aren't losing weight.

That's interesting. Going by the number of empty cartons I have lying around I probably drink more than two liters of milk every day. I never drink sodas or energy drinks though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Angry enough to punch them in the face ?

I get rather annoyed when people call me by the diminutive form of my first name, seems to be mainly an English thing. Being upfront and telling them to not call me that does get some funny reactions, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Struggled with procrastination through most of the day so far... hm, and I really need to get the forms sorted to renew my passport soon.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I get rather annoyed when people call me by the diminutive form of my first name, seems to be mainly an English thing. Being upfront and telling them to not call me that does get some funny reactions, though.

I have the same thing, except the diminutive form of my first name was pretty much my name for the first 12 years of my life, so nobody calls me by the diminutive form of my name except for my close relatives.

Then again, my actual first name is a rather simple English name... that a lot of people in the Netherlands just can't seem to pronounce and turn into the weirdest things. Now that annoys me.

Angry enough to punch them in the face ?

Almost.

I go by Oliver. My first name is Dustin, and the boss decided to start throwing out "Dusty" and all sorts of "hilarious" other nicknames... "Dusty Bottoms" being another one.

Boss probably shouldn't be making fun of people's names. Not terribly good boss-like behavior.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's better than having an Asian name in an English speaking country. Trust me.

The culturally developed sensitivities are such that I look at my own name in a published work and think it doesn't look cool.

Feeling a little sad and lonely ... then a cat came and put a paw on my face and gave me a head-butt, and I suddenly felt a little better. They always know.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today, I AM THE LAW.

Roughly 18 months ago, I was part of a meeting discussing some draft legislation with a staffer for a particular congressional subcommittee Chair. I wrote up the collection of comments that I and my co-workers had on the draft bill, which included re-wording some things that the staffer was obviously trying to accomplish, but not in an especially clear or cogent fashion.

As of today, a different version of that bill-- but with the legislative language that I re-wrote intact-- became a Public Law of the United States.

I AM THE LAW!!

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 5

To clarify the above (as the edit deadline has passed), the "not in an especially clear or cogent" bit refers to the previous language written by congressional staff, not to my incredibly incisive re-writing. ;)

Also, bourbon is good.

• Like 1

Today, I AM THE LAW.

Roughly 18 months ago, I was part of a meeting discussing some draft legislation with a staffer for a particular congressional subcommittee Chair. I wrote up the collection of comments that I and my co-workers had on the draft bill, which included re-wording some things that the staffer was obviously trying to accomplish, but not in an especially clear or cogent fashion.

As of today, a different version of that bill-- but with the legislative language that I re-wrote intact-- became a Public Law of the United States.

I AM THE LAW!!

... All I hear is

Was having some weird frakking dreams. Then kind of half woke up, but kept dozing in and out to more weird dreams. Finally managed to push into consciousness and get up to a slow, grinding headache.

This looks like a good start to the day....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."