What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

He had the same song/station on in his car and we started bopping in time together, waving to each other. It was like out of some movie, and it was glorious.

Why does that remind me of Wayne's World and Bohemian Rhapsody? :p

Considered buying a whiskey flask so that I can always have bourbon on hand in case I need to celebrate like Chris Avellone.

Wooooooo? ;)

Sitting and wondering why we haven't seen our semi-tame lizard at work for several days now. We have this Australian Water Dragon which is absolutely crazy about cheese (to the point where I can hand feed it now), showing up every now and then at lunch time outside the lunch room. I always worry that it might end up a road kill some day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Playing my regular run of New Vegas. This time I've been on hard, but next time I'm going to run very hard on hardcore and maybe use this Sawyer made combat mod. I wonder where I can it. Also, watching a rerun of Frasier. Huzzah! Good times!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Caught up on a couple TV shows. Probably going to go to sleep early again. The start of winter tends to make me want to snuggle in bed...

Also, I ate too many of these: (yummy....)

0003746603399_300X300.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Working and wondering how the hell I am going to credit anyone for the time I just spend doing practically nothing about a very urgent project I am working on.. It was so easy in the days when I was just an employer and got a fat fixed salary on a monthly basis no matter how absent, sick or efficient I was, but now I have to be .. erm .. aware of what I am doing and make invoices for the work I did.. I just want to sleep.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Overdosing on strepsils in an attempt to combat a sore throat thats been kicking in the past day or two.

When every swallow has that dry, bladed sandpaper feeling and your voice drops down to the depths.. it's not the best of times to be facing a working weekend.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ouch, Raithe. Sounds like 12 kinds of ugly.

Just perusing the forum, making myself late getting out the door.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Trying to make tea without using water is just as bad an idea as it sounds.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Trying to make tea without using water is just as bad an idea as it sounds.

*scratches head*

....wondering what you'd actually try to use besides water. Milk?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nothing. I forgot the water. This is the problem.

And by "problem," I mean "fire hazard."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Conference call with Danish people at 9am, will be here till 11pm. It is now 2 and the body is already creaking away.

Nothing. I forgot the water. This is the problem.

And by "problem," I mean "fire hazard."

Ah, I get it now. :lol:

Noticed that Netflix has 2nd season of BBC's Sherlock (don't know how long it's actually been available, haven't checked in ages). I know what I'm doing later.

Noticed that Netflix has 2nd season of BBC's Sherlock (don't know how long it's actually been available, haven't checked in ages). I know what I'm doing later.

Watch out for the season finale.

Supposedly, all the clues for what actually happens are in the episode. But so far (at least not when I last checked) no-one has successfully claimed to identify everything and identify exactly what goes on... :shifty:

Which means lots of theories up in the air...

Any alcohol I suppose, I'm not a daily drinker but recently I got a bit hooked on Kopparberg pear cider, it's easy to drink and doesn't hit you hard, like a nice relaxing sedative. The only downside is I feel a bit dull during the day and I've put on some weight so I'm packing it in...until the weekend :)

Its my second to last day of this technical conference I have been attending in Vegas. As usual its been amazing. Really interesting seminars, excellent entertainment, delicious food, beautiful women, professional staff and the hedonistic lifestyle of Vegas all make this trip yet another unforgettable experience

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is it a full moon today? Things have been weird all over the internet for me. And no, I don't mean here. It's always weird here. ;)

Got more done this morning than I was thinking I might ... so might break and watch one of the Sherlock episodes early whilst having some lunch.

...the hedonistic lifestyle of Vegas all make this trip yet another unforgettable experience

You should try living there. :Cant's checking over his shoulder icon: I've worked on the Strip, and it's an experience for ya. I had this office in the Rio. I was only there maybe twice a week as I worked in various other places. Anyhow, in the Rio, there was a cute young ****tail waitress who would walk by the office and smile at me. She did that pretty regularly, and I never spoke to her. For all I know she was blind and it just happened her face was pointed at me every time, but it's always been a guilty pleasure to remember. I think I like the memory better than I would have if I actually struck up a conversation with her.

Anyhow, I feel like hell. I need to take a nap the first chance I get.

• Like 1

Obsidian Plays

Heh. Just noticed that the packet of strepsils I've emptied over the last two days has a "Do Not Use After : Nov 2004" tucked away on one end.... :shifty:

...the hedonistic lifestyle of Vegas all make this trip yet another unforgettable experience

You should try living there. :Cant's checking over his shoulder icon: I've worked on the Strip, and it's an experience for ya. I had this office in the Rio. I was only there maybe twice a week as I worked in various other places. Anyhow, in the Rio, there was a cute young ****tail waitress who would walk by the office and smile at me. She did that pretty regularly, and I never spoke to her. For all I know she was blind and it just happened her face was pointed at me every time, but it's always been a guilty pleasure to remember. I think I like the memory better than I would have if I actually struck up a conversation with her.

Anyhow, I feel like hell. I need to take a nap the first chance I get.

Good story :)

We are staying at the MGM, the Strip is amazing. Full of energy and things to see, but Vegas is a good place to visit. I wouldn't want to live here.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

TV: Sandoval hits 3 HR's in Giants game

Hubs: He ate 3 bowls of Wheaties today.

Me: *groans, yet laughs*

....great game for us. I felt bad for the Tigers pitchers tho. I know they're going to give us a fight at some point, they're a good team.

Got back to work after defending dissertation in public and five days in London. I have a splitting headache, 627 unread emails and I'd cut my credit cards if it weren't already too late - and I never even made it to Jermyn Street.

All in all, an awesome time was had. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif