What you did today

Gorth

I must say, standing out in a cool winter wind when you have a high fever is the awesome. ... er, at least, it feels good on the face. Heheh.

Sleep, TV, sleep, wondering if I should buy a small turkey this year for hubs and myself, more TV. Big mug of hot milk chocolate. Now back to sleep.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Feeling a bit like a traitor. Long story involving lots of drama at work... but the basics are a 17 year old girl is kind of a flirt, and had a bit of a reputation for being "bad". She hits on a 24 year old maintenance guy, and he responds, they basically snuggle for one day (according to them both) but he gets a bit to... sexual harassment for her (dirty texts and "cheney pics"). She tells him to stop, it doesn't... she complains to the other managers (the ones higher than me) and it finally stops, but the entire store turns against her.

She quit and is trying to talk to corp about a hostile work environment and being harassed... and I'm helping her. I donno... There was fault on both sides of the issue, but it just feels like I shouldn't be helping her send this thing because it's being a "traitor" to my place of work and a couple of the guys I hang out with.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

From the short description you gave, you are doing the right thing.

Agreed.

I don't really get this "traitor" thing. Don't know the people involved, of course ... but if the guy's being an arse and wouldn't stop even if she asked him to, and then she is made to feel like a pariah so she felt she had to quit/could no longer work there because of it, that's not something to be proud of and protect.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah... part of it is also that I'm worried that the investigation into how the store is run (if there is one) I'll lose my job. While I don't condone what happened, I can't say that what she did was entirely on the up-and-up and that if this goes through, a couple of closer friends will get tossed on their rears.

Guest The Architect

Procrastinating before exams. I'll still do pretty good, though; there's no point in re-revising anything in full that I'm more than likely to forget.

Yeah... part of it is also that I'm worried that the investigation into how the store is run (if there is one) I'll lose my job. While I don't condone what happened, I can't say that what she did was entirely on the up-and-up and that if this goes through, a couple of closer friends will get tossed on their rears.

That I can understand.

From the sound of it, she has a complaint of some validity but not sure (and don't know) if anyone should actually be fired for it or something. Dunno the details, so can't really judge - such situations are never simple. Just don't like protective "cliques" in business. Here's hoping nothing unfair occurs to you, her, or anyone else involved.

• Like 1

That I can understand.

From the sound of it, she has a complaint of some validity but not sure (and don't know) if anyone should actually be fired for it or something. Dunno the details, so can't really judge - such situations are never simple. Just don't like protective "cliques" in business. Here's hoping nothing unfair occurs to you, her, or anyone else involved.

Well, the thing is that she WANTS somebody to be fired desperately. She's angry at everyone there and is thinking about going to the store when Corporate shows up to give them her "I'VE BEEN HARASSED" letter in person.

Feeling a bit like a traitor. Long story involving lots of drama at work... but the basics are a 17 year old girl is kind of a flirt, and had a bit of a reputation for being "bad". She hits on a 24 year old maintenance guy, and he responds, they basically snuggle for one day (according to them both) but he gets a bit to... sexual harassment for her (dirty texts and "cheney pics"). She tells him to stop, it doesn't... she complains to the other managers (the ones higher than me) and it finally stops, but the entire store turns against her.

She quit and is trying to talk to corp about a hostile work environment and being harassed... and I'm helping her. I donno... There was fault on both sides of the issue, but it just feels like I shouldn't be helping her send this thing because it's being a "traitor" to my place of work and a couple of the guys I hang out with.

I'd stay away from this on Calax. Unless she was on your crew or specifically asked you for help, this situation if fraught with danger for you. And the truth is there is no way to know if she has been harassed or is just looking for a lawsuit. It HAS been known to happen.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been meeting with my business partners the last few days. There is a thought that we should expand our services by buying or hiring installation and implementation teams but it would really put us out on a limb financially. I'm against going all in so early in the venture. They don't play cards though so they didn't get my reference.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why do fevers always "break" in the middle of the night? At least for me. You wake up, drenched in sweat. Ick. Still have a fever, but it's going down.

Was watching some Law and Order:CI on USA network this morning. The other day it was Law and Order:SVU marathon. I think USA basically makes all its profit from Law and Order syndication. Well...it's better than network morning talk shows.

I'm wishing that my girlfriend was here and not stuck at her parents' house - but at least we have Skype so that's something. Long distance relationships can be hard, but it's worth it so I'm not too unhappy (just missing her).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Why do fevers always "break" in the middle of the night? At least for me. You wake up, drenched in sweat. Ick. Still have a fever, but it's going down.

Was watching some Law and Order:CI on USA network this morning. The other day it was Law and Order:SVU marathon. I think USA basically makes all its profit from Law and Order syndication. Well...it's better than network morning talk shows.

Nope... NCIS

I'm sitting down with an Australian cab. I'm at the end of my New Vegas run, and I think I have time to actually finish tonight.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Philly trip went as well as can be hoped. Mom's surgery started a little late, but went smoothly. I'm glad we made the trip, but I'm beat. I've been up since 4AM, and have spent the majority of the day either burning down I-95 (the drive was a little over 2.5 hours each way) or sitting in a waiting room. I think it'll be time to collapse in bed just after I finish this Old Fashioned.

Trying to establish a voice in my writing. Probably the hardest thing for me, harder than doing the actual writing. Problem number 1, actually writing in a non-mechanical fashion. Problem number 2, not overdoing the humor during a scene that's supposed to be a very tragic death scene.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know if this site would be any used to you Tale but Writing Excuses cover a wide, wide range of things and seem to know what they're talking about

It'll give me something to listen to at work tomorrow, thanks.

Edit: Also, I'm practicing my drinking. Because when it comes to creative types, it's either coke or wine and only one of those is legal.

That would also be illegal. And it doesn't fit the classic stereotype.

I don't know if this site would be any used to you Tale but Writing Excuses cover a wide, wide range of things and seem to know what they're talking about

Just wanted to thank you for the link again. Just finished episode 4 and it's already given me a good reason to rewrite my first few paragraphs. They're not talking about voice, which is my big concern, so far, but it's helping in other ways.

And it has Brandon Sanderson!

Going to shower and venture forth to do some required holiday prep shopping. Still kinda sick, so I'll try not to breathe on anyone, but sometimes things must be done. At least I don't have to hand germ encrusted cash or paper checks to the poor shopkeepers these days.

Well, the cash is probably already covered with germs, no ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra