What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Are you Harmony spec'd ? My friend's enjoying shooting us to heal us or the phaselock revive.

I'm all over the place. Wasn't planning to go all the way down any tree for co-op. I have 7 in Restoration (with a mod) but the thing is hubby never stands still when fighting. He constantly jigs, jags, runs, jumps like lightning and thus nigh impossible to shoot-heal him enough where it would make much difference in combat, even if I could stick with him like synchronized glue. So occasionally I find a high spot to hide/fight and insta-Revive him when possible or we just face-roll in and run around like mad. :biggrin:

Maya-Defensive03a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Played a stealthy hacker who wasn't out to kill anyone. Overall great game with a lot of ways to approach things. I thought it was stupid that all these buildings had super big ventilation shafts that lead from the bathroom to secured office spaces but didn't detract from my enjoyment too much.

Next up, Alan Wake. Slowly working my way through my Steam catalog.

i played through borderlands 2 as axton and rocked some faces... waiting for friends to finish the game so we can all NG+ together... so i started playing torchlight 2 which if you liked diablo 2... its a cartoony diablo 2... i really like the art style so it works for me. but recently i decided to play baldurs gate 1 and 2... prolly go back to torchlight 2 after that, but i'll prolly play new vegas cause i've had it since launch and i have yet to actually complete a single playthrough... thats my fault for the hardcore survival mods i put on cause i spend more time eating and sleeping and drinking water than i do missions and quests.

Chevalier of the Obsidian Order of Eternity and all around classy dude.

Like Majek, I'm also a big fan of the Locust SMG you get from her mission, and overall I think she integrates better than Zaeed. Into ME3, too.

Although rumour has it that Zaeed makes a bigger appearance in the upcoming "Omega" dlc...

Also, I have to admit I liked the change of pace of Kasumi's mission (at least , the first section which wasn't run n gun).

Really? I haven't been following. Bigger chance of being surprised when something does get released, I guess...

Well, I better stay clear of too in-depth spoilers regarding the DLC's but I got Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadobroker and Genesis for ME2. Since I had my CC out anyway, I got DA2 (Urgh) and Mark of the Assassin and Legacy anyway.

Somebody needs to tell Bioware/EA that their online store is lacking. Why Can't I buy an arbitrary (or just a larger number) of their in-store currency???

Didn't get to play any games yesterday as it was all work (so my computer was just left downloading my purchases).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm on my third playthrough of Game of Thrones RPG. I really think it's a good game that has been poorly received because it lacked some polish.

Really got to find time to give this a try, it's installed and waiting just haven't found the time or interest to start it up.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Oh man, I wish I had time to try the Game of Thrones RPG. I've heard pretty good things about it. But my to-buy list this year is basically just the ZOE re-release. Sooooooooo much backlog.

Anyway, Mask of the Betrayer has really crappy battles at the beginning. I'd forgotten all about them. Safiya likes to pretty much drop dead of a sneeze. But I can solo the encounter with Word of Changing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm on my third playthrough of Game of Thrones RPG. I really think it's a good game that has been poorly received because it lacked some polish.

I played it through one time. I don't know, there was just something about it that didn't interest me in multiple play throughs. Maybe it was the lack of polish, or maybe I just didn't like how certain events took place, with no player input in changing them, even though they involved my character.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

King of Dragon Pass on the iOS. It's a superb (and superior) port of the original. It's a turnbased strategy game that akes place in the Glorantha/Runequest setting.

Basically, you role play the part of a barbarian clan chieftan and you try to forge a tribe out of the neighboring clans and eventually form a kingdom. The music and art is surprisingly very good, especially for an indie game, and the C&C are as good or better than any AAA game out there.

Can't believe I missed it the first time it came out.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Somebody needs to tell Bioware/EA that their online store is lacking. Why Can't I buy an arbitrary (or just a larger number) of their in-store currency???

I'd forgotten about that, haven't bought anything from there since DA2 DLC. It does suck.

Dude, try to at least approach DA2 with an open mind, there's a surprising amount of RPG veterans who've found in enjoyable in spite of its faults, they just don't come here (any longer) ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'd forgotten about that, haven't bought anything from there since DA2 DLC. It does suck.

Dude, try to at least approach DA2 with an open mind, there's a surprising amount of RPG veterans who've found in enjoyable in spite of its faults, they just don't come here (any longer) ;)

Some of us do. And as Nephante said it's a good game, I've not played Mark of the Assassin but imho if you go for Dragon Age 2 you ought to get the Legacy and The Exiled Prince DLCs with it.

There are aspects of DA2 I enjoyed a hell of a lot more then DA:Origins. It just had an equal number of annoying flaws that let it down.

Personally, I really liked the setup of a single city seen over time and the whole concept of your choices potentially affecting that city.

Unfortunately, it never actually felt like they translated that into a good execution of said idea...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2, Super Robot Wars Z2, and Dishonored IF IT WILL LOAD. Trying not to do another run of New Vegas with the latest iteration of JSawyer's JSawyer mod. I've already got several hundred hours clocked in there, and the whole "steam friends freaking out about your NV play time" thing is wearing thin.

Hey, I'm so open minded that friends sometimes makes jokes about being "too drafty in the attic" :)

First impressions. I still don't like the combat (which was what turned me off in the demo originally). The setting I'm a bit indifferent to and the change in art direction doesn't bother me. Some of the companions are hilarious, I think I'm going to like Varric (sp?) and I like the occasional understated humour in the story. Only got the first 3 recruited yet though, I suspect Merrill (which I remember from the Dalish origin in DA:O, where she was fussing over a mirror that Duncan destroyed) has moved to the city, so I can probably also get her in my party now. Not sure if I want to swap out my sister for her though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think the companions are DA2's strongest point. I really enjoyed them all, with Isabela, Aveline, and Varric being my favourites.

Isabella... as in the duellist in DA:O? :unsure:

No problem, I could edit your previous post and add spoiler tags so I can't see the text... oh wait. ;)

• Like 1

Hey, I'm so open minded that friends sometimes makes jokes about being "too drafty in the attic" :)

First impressions. I still don't like the combat (which was what turned me off in the demo originally). The setting I'm a bit indifferent to and the change in art direction doesn't bother me. Some of the companions are hilarious, I think I'm going to like Varric (sp?) and I like the occasional understated humour in the story. Only got the first 3 recruited yet though, I suspect Merrill (which I remember from the Dalish origin in DA:O, where she was fussing over a mirror that Duncan destroyed) has moved to the city, so I can probably also get her in my party now. Not sure if I want to swap out my sister for her though.

Varric is DA2's saving grace. Of course, considering how restrictive DA2's class/party structure is, you can only bring Varric if you're playing a Warrior or Mage (all battles follow the standard MMO bossfight model.) Making things worse is that enemy aggro is immediately focused on the first party member they see, so if you like controlling the game's protagonist, and that protagonist isn't a Tank (the only thing warriors are for in DA,) you're going to suffer tactically (have to waste your initial actions diverting the threat to the tank, ruining a rogue or mage's opportunity to start on the right foot.)

And Merrill. Just. Give up on her as a character, it's going to get bad, and it's going to be fast. Exponentially fast decline. If they intentionally wrote her that way, they did a good job. If they wanted people who aren't 12 year old girls or "bronies" to like her, they failed utterly. In her introduction she's capable of recognizing sarcasm. Not ten minutes later she will be incapable of understanding it even when slowly explained as if to a small child.

Waiting for Dishonored to arrive in the mail. I have stopped buying physical copies of PC games, but I got it for £22, so I can't complain.

Yes, from what I've seen, the Steam prices outside of NA are ludicrously inflated, but you will not likely regret it. Gameplay is a more polished/intuitive Arx Fatalis or Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, the story is interesting, the setting is novel, if a bit too familiar visually (you will swear you're in the middle of an Edwardian City 17 at some points,) and YOU CAN SUMMON SWARMS OF RATS TO DEVOUR YOUR FOES WHOLE! Bonus feature: no corpse for patrolling foes to discover. That or they'll discover A SWARM OF RATS DEVOURING THEIR COWORKERS WHOLE. And when the rats are done with the first guy? I think you can guess what happens next.

Edited by AGX-17