What are you playing now?

Gorth

Pharaoh + Cleopatra.

You know, for all the moaning about the death of the RPG (which I have participated in, I admit), its the strategy games that have really died. I can't remember the last time I played a good strategy game, or at least one that wasn't a sequel to something or other.

Odd that the most popular of them, the RTS fared the worst. We still get the occasional managment or turn based game but apart from Blizzard's cash cow and Relic its a dead genre.

There was an RTS relesed not so long ago called Archon that looked pretty interesting. The big pitch was actual time-travel in real-time against real people. You're right though it's hard to think of many RTS games that aren't sequels that have done well recently.

Pharaoh + Cleopatra.

You know, for all the moaning about the death of the RPG (which I have participated in, I admit), its the strategy games that have really died. I can't remember the last time I played a good strategy game, or at least one that wasn't a sequel to something or other.

Odd that the most popular of them, the RTS fared the worst. We still get the occasional managment or turn based game but apart from Blizzard's cash cow and Relic its a dead genre.

That's an exaggeration.

You can probably get caught in discussions what game is good or even is it a strategy but you still have attempts at new IPs like endless space or warlock.

RTS games were always the more production-values oriented and since they failed to transition to consoles their days are numbered.

Unless they can somehow get free-to-play or e-sport craze to work for them.

So far CoH online and Age of Empires made no big splash but maybe the upcoming End of Nations or new C&C will fare better.

Borderlands1 - Friday night LAN session with beer-drinking husband = non-stop giggling wife.

10 more days for BL2. *impatient leg jittering*

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Far too much on the go, MWO, GW2, EVE, and Sleeping Dogs. Must at least get Sleeping Dogs done before I get Borderlands 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Far too much on the go, MWO, GW2, EVE, and Sleeping Dogs. Must at least get Sleeping Dogs done before I get Borderlands 2

Don't become a slave to games, mang. Nobody's forcing you to finish these on time.

Or at all.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Don't become a slave to games, mang. Nobody's forcing you to finish these on time.

Well, not so much a deadline as just deciding to focus on it on the list.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still Mass Effect 3. So far liking it a lot more than ME2. It's too long ago for me to compare it to ME1.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Took me 2 hours to get Neverwinter Nights running last night. But I've started it up. Wizard, ahoy!

My only complete playthrough was as a Rogue/Assassin, so this should be different.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My brother will be using my STEAM account to play NWN2, so I'll try to work on my GoG backlog. Not many games, but all of them are 30-80 hour games.

I checked my completed games list and realized I have completed 27 games this year, yet my backlog is twices as big compared to the beginning of the year.

Playing IWD Campaign mod for NWN2 with Kaedrins PrC Pack installed. Created crazy Neutral Evil party consisting of Yuan-ti Pureblood Barbarian, Air Genasi Ranger, Feytouched (Shadowy) Favoured Soul, Tiefling Scout, Spellscale Sorcerer and Earth Genasi Fighter. So far pretty enjoying it :)

The plan is going for Barbarian/Warrior of Darkness, Ranger/Forest Master, Favoured Soul/Hospitaler, Scout/Cleric/Black Flame Zealot, Sorcerer/Palemaster and Fighter/Elemental Warrior/Tempest :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Playing IWD Campaign mod for NWN2 with Kaedrins PrC Pack installed. Created crazy Neutral Evil party consisting of Yuan-ti Pureblood Barbarian, Air Genasi Ranger, Feytouched (Shadowy) Favoured Soul, Tiefling Scout, Spellscale Sorcerer and Earth Genasi Fighter. So far pretty enjoying it :)

The plan is going for Barbarian/Warrior of Darkness, Ranger/Forest Master, Favoured Soul/Hospitaler, Scout/Cleric/Black Flame Zealot, Sorcerer/Palemaster and Fighter/Elemental Warrior/Tempest :p

This sounds interesting. I'll have to check this out sometime.

Played some Borderlands on PS3. Been working on the Undead expantion. Don't think there's much to do, a few more quests and it's done. This game would have been mind numbingly boring in single player, but it's fun with a friend (or more).

Dragon's dogma.

A collection of good ideas for an open-ended action rpg.

Too bad execution fails to live up to the potential - the action portions are not polished enough and the companions become a major annoyance. The world itself can also be a pain with limited inventory and no fast-travel.

But I do appreciate the monster climbing system - if I'm going to scale everything bigger than a goblin then might as well make it more involving than a QTE.

Just played Artemis ship brige simulator with 8 players divided on 2 ships.. 2 projectors in 2 rooms and 6 laptops and 2 stationary as the main view screens.. It's an absolutely hilarious game. Especially when the action thickens and the orders are flying around, it's actually pretty tough being a captain on a starship. But as you might imagine, it requires some time to set up..

It looked kinda like this.

Fortune favors the bald.

This sounds interesting. I'll have to check this out sometime.

Yes, It is :) But prepare to die a lot at start of the game, if you take some races with level penalties :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sleeping Dogs' ending sure was everything stuffed in a nice package.

Still playing Kotor2 (Steam version) with TSLRCM and thoroughly enjoying it. Peragus still feels long and linear, but once you take off from Telos you really notice the difference. It's like playing a completely different game sometimes (I've "finished" Nar Shaddaa first and started on Dantooine). I won't post all the spoiler details, but the bug fixes alone are worth appreciating besides the restored content.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have to disagree.

We get no epilogue on half the characters, some subplots disappear into the eather (though I like this move, it's hardly satisfying), Pendrew is essentially murdered for less evil acts than what Wei did, while Wei gets off scott-free, etc.

I have to disagree.

I fail at being sarcastic :p

I was okay with things up until I killed Smile Lee, then I figured there'd be some other drama at the election making Jiang chairman and then maybe some choice to stay with the Triad or start to finish up the job for the HKPD somehow. Agree with your points, though, how Wei just walks back into the job is a far too convenient.