STEAM!

Gorth

So is there any cunning way, or some setting I'm oblivious to.. that will actually let you play a game that's on steam.. and still let it download stuff in the background?

This automatic "pause" to all downloads whenever you play games is kind of annoying...

Alt-tab out, resume download manually, then go back into the game.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm waiting on a sale for Assassin's creed revelations.

Unless you really like the games, I can't recommend it. I played through the previous entries and enjoyed them, but couldn't push myself to complete Revelations. Don't know why. Still if it comes up for $5 you can't really go wrong.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

• 4 weeks later...

RIPOFF Detected.

Apparently people can get (for a few more hours) Alice:Madness Returns for $5 dollar. Expecting 5 euro (worth it) I log in to Steam...

-75%

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Interestingly it's also only 3.74GBP in the UK. http://www.steampric...madness-returns

I can't help though because they're also asking for $12.50 in Australia, albeit in US dollars it's not-being-ripped-off-by-quite-as-much.

Looking at top rip-offs for my amusement/rage:

CoD:MW2

US: $20USD

UK: 20GBP

EU: 25EUR

AU: $90USD

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 3 weeks later...

Colour me stupid, but how the heck do you delete something from your Steam wishlist (besides the obvious answer of "Buy it")???

Doing a bit of googling, people seems to get the answer to just click delete below the name. My problem is...

2012-10-06_195209.png

I can't find no delete button :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Also, any 'recommended' things for a Bloodlines install?

I use the unofficial patch by Wesp on "basic", I don't like the extra stuff, a lot of it was cut for a reason and the added content doesn't fit into the game smoothly enough. Set the game properties in Steam to not auto update.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

I didn't know you could find your list on the steam client (screenshot excerpt was Firefox browser)...

Of course, now it wants me to create a Steam ID. What's wrong with just using my account log in? >_

Thanks guys. I'll try to create an ID and see if I can at least delete them from the Steam client then.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

About bloody time somebody took a closer look at the price fixing and twisted a few arms.

I definitely think outrageous price hikes for downloaded/digital software versions feels fishy - even if there are occasional extra costs, I'm not convinced they're major enough to warrant more than a few (US) bucks or something (not that I'm an expert in such matters).

Everything else ... more potential reasonable justifications at times, but still smells like fish most of the time. So yeah...glad someone's trying to get the companies to answer financing questions in these matters.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What do you guys think of Ed Husic's price probe? Apparently the probe has the power to subpoena companies to appear if necessary.

http://delimiter.com...-rebel-vendors/

This australia? This is fantastic. I heard about UK going after Amazon for books. Was wondering when others might turn up.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just got Dawn of War: Dark Crusade for 1.74 euros. Sweet

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

New question... (I managed to get my wishlist cleared out a bit through the Steam client, thanks guys): Anybody tried the Steam version of VMBL? I just installed my disk version and the official patch. No matter what I try, the game thinks I have too little memory (apparently my 12gb is not enough, it thinks I have less than 15mb). Anybody got either version to run on 64 bit WIn7?

You need to tweak a value, I forget what it is off the top of my head, and then the issue will go away. It's a rather well known one on x64 systems and there are several apps that can fix it. I'll see if I cannot find a link to one of them and post it (I know that the patch by Wesp has it included under tools, but if you just want the fix application itself I cannot think of a location off the top of my head).

EDIT:

This might be helpful. ;)

EDIT #2:

Also, if you're on the Steam version, make sure to disable the auto-update or else it will see that some files have changed and re-download the originals (effectively undoing the fix).

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Thanks DN, trying it out right away. I don't have the Steam version, but I was considering it someday as a backup for my ageing CD's (and the built in no-cd bit).

Edit to add: Grabbing the unofficial fan patch while I'm on that page anyway. My last downloaded version was 4.3 I think.

STEAM, explain me this...

Game of Thrones the RPG is on sale. The promo states it's 15 euro.

The *actual* page states it's not, it's 20.

However, the combination with a GoT RTS is 15 (so 5 euro less than seperate).

Buying the guide is 15 euro (so total 30, or 35).

Buying the guide and game in a bundle is 50 euro

Anyone? What the...?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

STEAM, explain me this...

Game of Thrones the RPG is on sale. The promo states it's 15 euro.

The *actual* page states it's not, it's 20.

However, the combination with a GoT RTS is 15 (so 5 euro less than seperate).

Buying the guide is 15 euro (so total 30, or 35).

Buying the guide and game in a bundle is 50 euro

Anyone? What the...?

Not sure what you are seeing, but I see Game of Throne Bundle (Game of Thrones and A Game of Thrones Genesis) for $17.49?

Edit: Bought the Risen 2 bundle yesterday for $25. I tried the demo and sort of liked it :)