What you did today

Tale

At the moment I am going to focus on thinking up important phrases it would be appropriate to learn in general before spending a few weeks in Mexico-City.. and then I can start pondering on speechwriting..

"I don't understand" "Could you repeat that?" "Which way to the bathroom?" "Where is the embassy?" "What sort of bribe were you wanting?" :shifty:

Also:

"You are very pretty" "Do you want to come up for a late night tea?" "Harder, baby, harder!" "Not there, baby, not there!!" "I have to.. uh.. meet my grandma at the hospital, she is sick. Yes, I know it is six in the morning on a Sunday, shut up!" "Why is my **** so itchy? :("

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Suffering from a bad case of "fell asleep on the couch neck-crick syndrome." Also, allergic rash from waking up with a cat licking my face. :cat:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Suffering from a bad case of "fell asleep on the couch neck-crick syndrome." Also, allergic rash from waking up with a cat licking my face. :cat:

Ouch, been there, felt I'd twisted my spine or something, heh. Rather slow day of chores here, I wonder when people do all their fun weekend activities - the list of stuff to dust, vacuum, wash, etc. seems endless :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Made pancakes with strawberry icecream for my mother in law, my wife's niece, my wife and a few for myself with my new recipe with strawberry milk and vanilla and got some worship.. Then I made some special tea with a mix of lemon, cinnamon and vanilla and hailed another standing ovation.. I am truly puzzled by the ukrainian lack of creativity in regards to taste.. The other day my wife made a soup with the chanterelle mushroom, but she mixed it in such a way with a ton of vegetables and potatoes that it lost all of it's distinctive taste. The soup was sort of nice, but it could have been really great. I suspect that Borsch became a name by accident of the same mixing culture that seems to rule most of their meals. At least that is really nice.

Well, those of us who are old enough remember a time when Danes would consider anything more than a pinch of salt or pepper added to your food "excessively spicy". Time to move where the pepper grows (Danish saying, doesn't translate well) ;)

How is life treating you in your new country Jan?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Made pancakes with strawberry icecream for my mother in law, my wife's niece, my wife and a few for myself with my new recipe with strawberry milk and vanilla and got some worship.. Then I made some special tea with a mix of lemon, cinnamon and vanilla and hailed another standing ovation.. I am truly puzzled by the ukrainian lack of creativity in regards to taste.. The other day my wife made a soup with the chanterelle mushroom, but she mixed it in such a way with a ton of vegetables and potatoes that it lost all of it's distinctive taste. The soup was sort of nice, but it could have been really great. I suspect that Borsch became a name by accident of the same mixing culture that seems to rule most of their meals. At least that is really nice.

Well, those of us who are old enough remember a time when Danes would consider anything more than a pinch of salt or pepper added to your food "excessively spicy". Time to move where the pepper grows (Danish saying, doesn't translate well) ;)

How is life treating you in your new country Jan?

Yeah, well, danes are probably not known for being among the most spicy in the world, but we are sort of known for being 'rounded' by cream and mayonaise, milk, honey and sugar coated and we do have a more varied taste than what is generally known in Ukraine. The candy is generally sweet and quite boring in Ukraine.. I tried to introduce the concept of liqourice and salty liqourice and there wasn't a single one of them that were able to stomach it.. I think the notion of sweets not being sweet is a bit too much for them to grasp.

My wife is a bit surprised that her whole family and all of her friends seem to love me already, but maybe that's because I don't speak russian yet and mostly just smile and nod. :biggrin:

Ukraine is actually a pretty nice place, apart from the mosquitos, the roads and the language, lots of trees and green areas to make up for all the grey concrete and I like the day to day anarchy, but there are parts of the bureaucratic system who still haven't realized that the U.S.S.R. colllapsed a long time ago. I read some horrible reports of corruption and abuse in relation to foreigners before I came, but I haven't really noticed anything, apart from the political corruption, where the city only evolve in ways where the local politicians either have a business or a financial interest. People are generally quite nice, but the majority of the drivers are completely insane and there are so many Ladas here.. But also quite a lot of really luxurious cars.. and they pretty much all use dark toned windows. Some people really make money here, but the great majority is quite poor and prices for busses and metros are really low and there is a hell of a lot of small box shops, that all got a bit of the same products in common with a few to set them apart.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Why am I up this early? Oh yeah...I have to go to the city. And it's raining, which will increase traffic. Great. :getlost:

Going to have to figure out what music I want to take with me....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had a really long talk with a girl I know, we're both going through similar (illness in family) stuff so it was nice, I didn't feel like I was putting my crap on her plate like I do with other people, if she wasn't utterly obsessed with a friend of mine I'd show serious interest in her :(

Worst day I've ever had at any workplace. I seriously thought about going home. I've had crappy days at work, but this day was pure misery. First thing I did when I got home:

1. Feel bad for myself

2. Eat

3. Play video games (Bulletstorm, it was a very fitting game to play.)

I'm now back to normal... I think.

Feeling bad for myself, eating and playing video games is normal for me :disguise:

Eating and playing video games is normal for me. It's the whole feeling bad for myself thing that I'm not used to.

Last week at work wasn't very good either, so I hoped things would change this week. Alas, I was mistaken. Tomorrow will be better, will be better, will be better...

Worst day I've ever had at any workplace. I seriously thought about going home. I've had crappy days at work, but this day was pure misery. First thing I did when I got home:

1. Feel bad for myself

2. Eat

3. Play video games (Bulletstorm, it was a very fitting game to play.)

I feel worse that that is pretty much my daily routine.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Glad to be back home in boring suburbia. I do not like "big cities," especially in rainy weather.

Reading forums, some photo edits, another shower, then some gaming I think.

Oh and the 2nd episode of The Walking Dead was even more awesome. Rick is seriously BadAss now. No more wishy-washy. Good on him.

I should give The Walking Dead another try some time, I actually gave up on it because the show's soundtrack is heavily compressed, the sucking sensation during every "silent" moment as the compressor/limiter pulls up the noise floor so you can hear all the hiss and crickets in the distance...maybe it's just the TV broadcast or maybe it's an intentional effect but I can't stands it :blink:

Really? I don't even notice. Well, I think I have noticed crickets during silent moments if I have the volume up loud enough, but that doesn't bother me. No hissing. But not wearing any headphones or using super-duper TV sound/speaker system either. :)

went to the bank, then bought dog food, then went to the gym for a nice session of suicide-via-weightroom, then ate like a pig and napped for a couple of hours. now drinking milk and will soon fire up ze videogames (prolly some x-com and then some PS:T).

WWTNOD?

Off to celebrate 18 years of nuptial bliss in the Roost with my spouse!

Congrats!

I think you have us "beat" by about half a year. Ah, romance. Sometimes it is so loverly.

• Like 1

Off to celebrate 18 years of nuptial bliss in the Roost with my spouse!

Congratulations... I suppose? :grin:

(said the perpetual bachelor)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been pretty much doing the "Carlton Dance" the entire time whilst watching the Giants game.

• Like 1