What you did today

Tale

Yay, welcome to LadyCrimson and Gorgon :luck:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

...hehehe...great, more sheriffs...hehehe... :biggrin:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Going to order a pizza and watch The Avengers ... so soon I shall know what all the fuss is about. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh, found out that a 7 page "paper" I wrote/doodled last year on combining Scrumm with OSS (Operation System Shock - a method of modelling & analysis) apparently turned up at multi-million pound defence company, and is apparently being cited on something they're doing. So I'm occasionally bringing up that warm glow feeling from that to fight off the wearyness as autumn falls along...

Achieved very little so far today. About to do a complete empty/clean of the cats litter tray, but let myself be distracted on a bunch of warhammer 40k reading when I started following links on the lexicanum....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Was woken up by a severe "pound-the-mattress-with-a-fist" cramp in my calf, which left me with a sore leg all day. Haven't had one of those in a long time. Owie.

Then hubby mumbled to me "I'm out of coffee," which is his way of saying "Go get me coffee, woman, before I turn into an evil ogre." So I went forth into the jungle and came back with a couple pounds of French Roast and about $180 worth of other supplies. To which hubs said "Awesome, I have coffee now!" And "Ooo! Cinnamon twists! Mmm!"

My job is done.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Then hubby mumbled to me "I'm out of coffee," which is his way of saying "Go get me coffee, woman, before I turn into an evil ogre." So I went forth into the jungle and came back with a couple pounds of French Roast and about $180 worth of other supplies. To which hubs said "Awesome, I have coffee now!" And "Ooo! Cinnamon twists! Mmm!"

:lol:

I once got on one of our clients budgets. I didn't know until somebody told me years later, that I drank as much coffee as their international sales and export office. Special purchase requisitions for more coffee had to be issued and authorised when I was staying there for longer periods of time ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

http://www.rageexpo.co.za/

This weekend I'll be attending the Rage computer expo, its always fun

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm still waiting on pics of your pole dancing friend, Bruce. Get on it!

Meanwhile, I've just finished the second week at my new job as a project leader for a big Swedish company. They've already made me join a sect (my work phone is an iPhone) and removed me from my home (had to fly to a two day meeting). Yesterday I got my new work computer. It's an Ultrabook of some kind (Fujitsu) and it's so thin I could slice bread with it.

I think I'm going to enjoy working here.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What I see about 50 times a day, or, why I have holes in all my t-shirts now: **

MrBlack-Beg02a.jpg

MrBlack-Beg01a.jpg

**On hind legs, his head is about 2' 7" high...include his paws and he can reach 3 feet. I'm slightly less than 5 feet tall.

Threaten to declaw him, well or give him a bap on the nose :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We have a declawed cat at home. It's a total ****.

We also have a baby chicken at the moment. The damn thing chirps pretty much every moment its awake. I'll be glad when it gets a bit bigger and gets taken to a farm somewhere.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I could never declaw a cat, I'd feel too horrible. I just keep them trim with a clipper. Works well enough...when I remember to actually do it, at least. **ponders the mild claw marks on her abdomen...** ;)

The scratch marks through my post were not intended. I was at my folks house, feeding their dog while they go visit my brother and his brood in the city. I must have pressed something on weird on his keyboard. They were involved in a little fender bender during rush hour traffic, but are fine according to my dad.

It still feels weird communicating with them via text. My wife inherited my old phone when I upgraded mine, and she's struggling without a physical keyboard. I tell her, "If both sets of our parents can text, you're going to tell me you can't learn?". Silly woman.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Glad it was just a "little fender bender" and all seems ok, Kor. :)

The one time I tried having a cheap cellphone, the whole notion of tapping keys multiple times for different letters ... I understood it, but yea...not going to bother. If I ever get another cellphone, I'm getting one with a keyboard.

Today I am ... still trying to decide what to do today.

MrBlack-Beg01a.jpg

That upper left picture is absolutely fantastic :thumbsup:

They are all good, but something about the "come here for a moment" expression just appeals to the cat lover in me.

They are all good, but something about the "come here for a moment" expression just appeals to the cat lover in me.

Which is why he is totally spoiled and gets what he wants, even if I have to buy new shirts. :lol:

Cooking garlic chicken for sandwiches and soon off to adventure in Pandora with the spouse some more.

Hung our with some Mennonite friends in the morrow and now off to enjoy Canuck Thanksgiving. All my my from the Roost to all Canucks enjoying the day, ex-pats abroad and to well to the whole community. Sure has been a shiny month!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

...celebrated Turkey Day Canuck-style; had the family o'er, 4 generations stuffed ta the gills wit' the wife's cookin'; she makes the best stuffin' & gravy, hope she ne'er divorces me sorry arse, I's'll starve... :biggrin:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Still trying to train the german shepard to NOT get overly exciteable, bark and lunge at visitors.

Got him to sit, told him to wait, which he did to a point, then as I accepted the package from the deliveryman and stepped forward to sign for it.. the bastard dog jumped up and out the front door, and started bounding around the guy barking in over-excitement.

While I know he's not attacking or trying to bite the guy, to some random dude who doesn't know, it's going to look bad. That and the odds of an accidental bite happening because he's barking and bouncing around like that.. It's just a wee dangerous and is a pain in the ass trying to get the stubborn mutt settled.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."