What you did today

Tale

Thing is, you knew what it was like to have that. I've never had that. Hell, most highschoolers have seen/been with more women than me. I know it's shallow, but it'd be nice to just once be able to snuggle up to somebody, watch a movie, then chase them back into the bedroom... rather than turn up the volume because my roommate decided to get it on (when she's home) and is QUITE loud while at it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Think of the freedom and money/time you save. Maybe this thinking is a product of all the divorcees I know, though. Right now I'm gearing up for an epic struggle to force an ant insurgency out of my kitchen, lest they use this foothold to advance further into the house. Mundane stuff is more fun when you dramatize it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thing is, you knew what it was like to have that. I've never had that. Hell, most highschoolers have seen/been with more women than me. I know it's shallow, but it'd be nice to just once be able to snuggle up to somebody, watch a movie, then chase them back into the bedroom... rather than turn up the volume because my roommate decided to get it on (when she's home) and is QUITE loud while at it.

Yeah, I was in grad school when I first got the movie snuggles and stuff thing. You know what never helped me get there? Feeling sorry for myself and complaining on the internet. I'm telling you now, so you don't have to learn for yourself in 5-10 years.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Update: Everybody's going on vacation, so they offloaded all their work to me. Now I have about three months' worth of stuff I'm supposed to do in the two weeks before leaving for my own break, in addition to my own.

I love being a contractor! :p

Edited by Nepenthe

As it is right now I"m staring at 600 mg of benadryl... debating.

Im pretty sure you already know thats not the answer so I wont lecture you.

We also know that nobody is going to randomly come knock on your door and ask you for a date. This means YOU have to be the proactive one and get yourself out there. If drinking and whoring isnt your scene (whats wrong with you man! :p) then how about one of the college clubs? Im sure there is a gaming club (PC / console / tabletop) that you could join and be with like minded people. Go visit the campus resource center and see what they have to offer.

• Like 1

I just stopped caring about stuff I can't do anything about. That's what usually get's people depressed. Our lives aren't that long, no need to spend so much of it miserable.

Probably not the right guy to give you advice on scoring, but you need to get out there and seek it out, like Giftd said.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You know what's ironic, I know at least three women in their mid to early twenties who complain about how hard it is to meet a good guy. None of them is objectionable looking (I would'nt call them reaving beauties either) and I know at least one likes NWN & NWN2 ( I gave her my copy of them and she is into them now). And I know guys like Calax who have nothing wrong with them and they are all out there looking for each other yet never seeming to find each other.

Strange how that works isn't it?

Now as far as getting a roll in the hay goes that is something I've never had any real trouble with because I have high alchohol tolerance and low standards.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Rolling in hay seems like it might be itchy, no ?

I thought today was Thursday which would be nice as it's the last day of this heat wave - but nope, which makes me sad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know what's ironic, I know at least three women in their mid to early twenties who complain about how hard it is to meet a good guy. None of them is objectionable looking (I would'nt call them reaving beauties either) and I know at least one likes NWN & NWN2 ( I gave her my copy of them and she is into them now). And I know guys like Calax who have nothing wrong with them and they are all out there looking for each other yet never seeming to find each other.

Now as far as getting a roll in the hay goes that is something I've never had any real trouble with because I have high alchohol tolerance and low standards.

reason is because those nice girls? want a guy with a good car, a good job, and enough money they don't want to have to worry about anything and instead just have you pay for everything because it's "chivalrous".

And now to drag my broken ass off to class for another 13 hours of torturous walking/standing.

It's because Calax doesn't correspond to their picture of a good guy, which is essentially a mix of outlaw biker/lawyer, a sensitive caveman etc. There's something seriously wrong with the western world, in general, and it's really too big a thing to go in here.

Meanwhile, I proactively went to chat about my ****ty work situation to our ridiculously gorgeous analyst. The chances of it ever developing into anything are virtually nil, but after the last few years spent grinding on the dissertation, I'm frankly quite happy just practising talking again to somebody who's classy, smart, funny and (last but not least) sexy as hell.

Calax: You're right and wrong. Right in that being "nice" has nothing to do with it, wrong in believing that money is essential. It helps, but it's not the thing.

Edited by Nepenthe

Ain't just the western world anymore.

Today I made the momentous decision that no, I won't go to the Eiffel Tower while I'm here in Paris. Maybe next time.

Dear Diary: today I cleaned up cat hairballs off the area rug. Also, I ate some spicy mango meatballs, which was yummy. The two things are completely unrelated, btw. Just saying.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Slowly starting to unravel. Had a damn near complete break down at work while on my break... ended up pulling a 5 hr shift, and telling them to write me off tomorrow because of this. Don't know what I'm going to do now. Starting to feel a bit like Sisyphus... trying to drag myself up only to watch all that going "up" get rolled right back down into my own face....

Also tigs, apparently my second cousin (a cheerleader) is in paris right now too

Edited by Calax

Hey Calax, take care of yourself. Are you away from home? Do you have a therapist in the area? Take the time to go see someone and get stuff off your chest. We are here for you, but a real professional is a good idea if you are feeling this down.

I have a psyciatric professional, but he's not the "councelor" type.

And I'm in the same town as Hades was, which is about 1000 miles away from any family.

Edited by Calax

Ain't just the western world anymore.

Today I made the momentous decision that no, I won't go to the Eiffel Tower while I'm here in Paris. Maybe next time.

The only way to do it to pre-book a ticket for a certain time from the web. Gets you in a couple of minutes instead of the hours the regular tourist queue can take.

So pissed off from yesterday almost couldn't make it to work today. So I'm sitting here with a headache and hanging on the forums. Probably not much of a difference to no-showing. :p

Well this thread's getting pretty heavy.

Well this thread's getting pretty heavy.

Life gets pretty heavy.

Taking today off so I don't wreck myself any more. Feeling better overall, but still a bit unsettled. Gonna try to get most of my book done tonight for class so this weekend I can read my other book. I've fallen way behind in class

To this day Ive only ever gotten one birdie and Ive played dozens of 18 hole games. Granted for my friends and I golf is just an excuse to get drunk, abuse the golf carts and make fun of each other but you would think the law of probability would have granted me more than one birdie by this point. And it was thiiiiiiis close to being a hole in one. Rolled by the cup by no more than an inch.

Heh. My annual golf game will be in a couple weeks. It goes down similar to the outings Gfted described, except that it's with my brother-in-law and a couple of cousins.

I'm quite terrible, but those rare instances when I can string together a few not-awful shots are so damned satisfying.

Edited by Enoch

It's P1 Friday, woohoo. God damn it, I hate dealing with this crap every week. :p Pretty tense about the match today, hopefully I can watch it.