Obsidian to co-develop Wasteland 2 if 2.1 M is reached

C2B

While Fargo's name is legendary, most of it is because he owned Interplay. Kids these days don't know **** about Wasteland, Bard's Tale etc. the games Fargo has actually worked on (designing etc.).

Hate the living, love the dead.

$1.8M reached at the time of writing. Crossing fingers and hoping for the best :luck:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lineage II fans would argue with you, methinks

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Here's to Obsidian joining such an awesome project, and to hear of some updates soon enough.

Mass Effect 3: "Life sucks, then you die."

Alpha Protocol: "Life sucks, then you change that."

"Fargo isn't more popular a name as Chris Avellone + Tim Cain"

You sure about that? Perhaps, you should evolve outside the Obsidian forums.Fargo's history in gaming is legendary. Check the official title screen of Fallout. FARGO PRESENTS fallout. Case Closed.

Snip

But Wasteland 2 with the developers of Fallout: New Vegas as opposed to the developers of Alpha Protocol helping tyhe development could be awesome.

Having one's name on a title screen as being the person who presents the game is not necessarily an indicator of one's current popularity, especially when the game in question is over a decade old and one's only game that could even loosely be called an RPG in the last decade is the Xbox version of A Bard's Tale.

I haven't played NV yet (It's on my to do list. Eventually.) but I'm not certain why 'the developers of Alpha Protocol' would be considered a bad thing. That was a thoroughly good game, with absolutely unparalleled levels of cause and effect to decisions made. The only downsides are the bugs, and since (as Mr Fargo kindly pointed out) QA is a publisher side of the fence dealio, that's not really on Obsidian.

AP had a very polarised reception, whereas NV sold in huge numbers, seemed to be received positively by a greater proportion of buyers/pirates, and had critical acclaim. I personally prefer AP, but them's the facts.

"Fargo isn't more popular a name as Chris Avellone + Tim Cain"

You sure about that? Perhaps, you should evolve outside the Obsidian forums.Fargo's history in gaming is legendary. Check the official title screen of Fallout. FARGO PRESENTS fallout. Case Closed.

Snip

But Wasteland 2 with the developers of Fallout: New Vegas as opposed to the developers of Alpha Protocol helping tyhe development could be awesome.

Having one's name on a title screen as being the person who presents the game is not necessarily an indicator of one's current popularity, especially when the game in question is over a decade old and one's only game that could even loosely be called an RPG in the last decade is the Xbox version of A Bard's Tale.

I haven't played NV yet (It's on my to do list. Eventually.) but I'm not certain why 'the developers of Alpha Protocol' would be considered a bad thing. That was a thoroughly good game, with absolutely unparalleled levels of cause and effect to decisions made. The only downsides are the bugs, and since (as Mr Fargo kindly pointed out) QA is a publisher side of the fence dealio, that's not really on Obsidian.

I think the Fargo quote goes a bit far towards the "fight the good fight, support the devs, publishers are evil" here. The publishers do QA and test the game out but it's still up to Obsidian to fix bugs and plan out the development well in the first place. Publisher support is obviously crucial, but Obsidian are the ones developing the game with all that entails.

As far as Alpha Protocol goes, it is not a game that is viewed very positively generally speaking. And by that I mean that you'll find a lot of genuine enthusiasm among certain crowds, and it's easy to see that as a case where people have come around to like the game. But if you step outside those particular circles, there are many people who view it as a downright terrible game. I don't agree myself but there you go.

Also, Volourn is Volourn.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0