Witcher2

I set the GoG downloader to download the W2 EE version. It seems to have grown a bit in size since the last time.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thought you hated this game ? :p

Will call for careful planning with my stupidly low bandwidth quote for the month, this download is near 20% of it, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thought you hated this game ? :p

Will call for careful planning with my stupidly low bandwidth quote for the month, this download is near 20% of it, heh.

I can't help it, curiosity is getting the better of me. I paid for the damn thing so I want to really suffer all my moneys worth. That and I read something about the tutorial/intro level parts being changed.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't help it, curiosity is getting the better of me. I paid for the damn thing so I want to really suffer all my moneys worth. That and I read something about the tutorial/intro level parts being changed.

It's a tutorial, it doesn't do much beyond tying the new arena mode to a story. Most of the content it's said to be at Chapter 3 with a path exclusive quest, either "Lilies & Vipers" or " The secrets of Loc Muinne" and more importantly you get a sex scene with Cynthia.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well if the last time he played was on launch, the previous patch also made the prologue significantly easier, which may be another factor. I certainly couldn't beat the gate fight in the prologue on normal in 1.0.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well if the last time he played was on launch, the previous patch also made the prologue significantly easier, which may be another factor. I certainly couldn't beat the gate fight in the prologue on normal in 1.0.

Not sure what the "gate fight" is, but I made it into a circular tower where a bunch of courtier type people were residing (after fighting my way up and disposing of some usurper relative of Foltest's IIRC). Then when I walked out of the tower, another QTE kicked in an that's when I quit in disgust.

I never know what people mean when they say QTE. Quote The Elf?

Witcher 2 is my new favorite game for 2012. That's not that high praise given its competition, however.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In that case, there was one QTE that bugged me. It was a fist fight scene, but the button hitting was frustrating because as soon as one button would flash for me to hit, I'd hit that button, and immediately another button would flash and gave me no time to react.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There's an option to ditch a bunch, not sure if it matters in the fist fights.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't really like the sneaking in the game. Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to tell if you're still hidden (until it's too late and they're charging at you, of course).

The sneaking bits bothered me a bit but since there was only one that was really annoying (Loredo's backyard) I would still say that what annoyed me the most was the arm wrestling and dice minigames.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Some of those are prime examples of why I think CDProject simply does too much at times.

I mean, it's admirable that you want to create an ambitious game. But we don't really need half-assed Metal Gear Solid sections, stupid QTE sections, some immensely crappy, minigames with crappy controls, all in the same game. The sneaking sections are the most terrible parts if you ask me, they are absolutely awkward to play through and I have no idea why they chose to include them.

For Witcher 3, I really hope they cut away a lot of that annoying, unnecessary "fat" and focus on other things like providing more reactive content to prior saves for example (if they go with the same importing saves system as TW2 did). The political storylines already work very well so that is good but I think Geralt's personal story needs a lot more oomph if it's gonna work well and be wrapped up in a satisfactory manner.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Some of those are prime examples of why I think CDProject simply does too much at times.

I mean, it's admirable that you want to create an ambitious game. But we don't really need half-assed Metal Gear Solid sections, stupid QTE sections, some immensely crappy, minigames with crappy controls, all in the same game. The sneaking sections are the most terrible parts if you ask me, they are absolutely awkward to play through and I have no idea why they chose to include them.

For Witcher 3, I really hope they cut away a lot of that annoying, unnecessary "fat" and focus on other things like providing more reactive content to prior saves for example (if they go with the same importing saves system as TW2 did). The political storylines already work very well so that is good but I think Geralt's personal story needs a lot more oomph if it's gonna work well and be wrapped up in a satisfactory manner.

I think that it's sort of a tradition for the game, since it really does flesh out the character and brings it out a bit more by engaging him in those pastimes. I would just prefer that it wouldn't be so cumbersome, specially for a side quest.

village_idiot.gif

is the sneaking mandatory? what happens if you just charge around swinging a sword?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Then you just kill more mooks.

is the sneaking mandatory? what happens if you just charge around swinging a sword?

That's what bothers me about the bit in Verven, there is no alternative. If you are caught you miss on all the rewards, not that they are anything special or that they would alter the course of the story. But still the completionist in me hates defeat,specially because some guy can urinate while being vigilant.

village_idiot.gif

The sneaking bits bothered me a bit but since there was only one that was really annoying (Loredo's backyard) I would still say that what annoyed me the most was the arm wrestling and dice minigames.

PC version? I'm finding the arm wrestling in the XBox360 version quite easy.

PC version? I'm finding the arm wrestling in the XBox360 version quite easy.

PC version, but I play with a gamepad otherwise it would impossible; I reiterate, impossible to actually play the Witcher2 on the PC.

That's how bad the PC controls are.

village_idiot.gif

PC version, but I play with a gamepad otherwise it would impossible; I reiterate, impossible to actually play the Witcher2 on the PC.

Luckily, I wear adidas when I play the game.

EDIT : Because 'Impossible is Nothing'

Edited by Malcador

Luckily, I wear adidas when I play the game.

x39.jpg Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Difficult I do before breakfast, the impossible... I do when I have a bit of spare time, often in the evenings.

KBM commands aren't perfect in TW2 but it's emminently playable without sullying glorious PC purity with dirty peasant console peripherals.

(Now you can use not_sure_if_srs.jpg)

The only thing that I have to fight with tw2 is "deus ex" syndrome. That is to say that I start it up, know I'll love it later but get frustrated at the brick wall that is the three tutorial fights (ballista, gate battle, and the dukes henchies). It would be nice if they set up an me3 level of c&c (before cupcake colors ended that) so that you had Adda or shani show up

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.