Actually Kai Leng can kill the councilor he did for me. I think this is due to my not seeing Thane fast enough and Kirrahe dying on Surkesh. She tries to cloak and he kills her with some biotic attack I'm guessing, later Udina tries to frame me for it.  Was satisfying to kill Udina, too.

They really like the "One squad member must unlock/hack/disable this console, cover him!" mechanic.

Not as much as they like the turret sequence. Which has a reload mechanic, too...

I played a bit more of my no-reload run yesterday. Discovered my favorite line in the entire franchise.

Anthropocentric bag of _____

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I forget about the whole retarded light side/dark side point thing that forces you to chose whatever option is red or blue instead of what makes sense. If you want these special options that is. Legion died at the first checkpoint, hadn't picked him for anything. The only choice I had made previously was sending Tali down that tube thing.

I wouldn't say light side/ dark side thing. It was more if you consistently played Shep one way rather then bounce between the two approaches..

Seriously, it wasn't that hard to have everyone survive. You did the loyalty missions, you picked up the ship upgrades. And you made a couple of common sense choices in regards to a> who can hack/deal with tech - ie: Tali, Legion or Kasumi, b> which characters have experience in leading teams (Garrus or Miranda pretty much, possibly Jacob), and c>who actually has serious biotic powers (either Samara or Jack)..

I have no problem with a reputation system working in this manner, reflected in NPC dialouge responses. But, not having enough points should not prevent you from taking specific actions, and those unavailable options shouldn't be dangled right in front of you for no other reason than to piss you off either.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You couldn't actually chose Samara's daugther over Samara in Me2. I tired, Samara won anyway and didn't seem bothered by the experience.

Yes, you could.

You just needed a truck load of renegade points to pull it off.

I forget about the whole retarded light side/dark side point thing that forces you to chose whatever option is red or blue instead of what makes sense. If you want these special options that is. Legion died at the second checkpoint. After the swarms and biotich barrier thing. Hadn't picked him for anything at all.

Easy way is to respec for reputation beforer that encounter.Ditto with the challenges between characters later in the game. I was speced that way from the start, but you do lose out on a bit of combat power by doing so, but I never really missed it.

No matter what, you do have to love Mordin's "objection overruled" moment when getting the female Krogan..

The ending might go off the rails, but there's a lot of fun before it does that. And some quite amusing lines of dialogue.

Edit: Hm, and apparently to get an ending where it's possible for Anderson to survive (or at least, not get shot during the sequence with the Illusive Man), according to IGN, if you have an Effective War Assets of 4,000+.

I have to admit, I'm kind of curious why War Assets will have an effect during that sequence... unless it's to represent that Shep and Anderson are in better condition at that point?

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And then there's the furor that that IGN journalist who has done a video basically trolling all the irate fans by telling them they have no right to be angry at Bioware or should not demand some change to the ending because Bioware and EA are there to make Money. And you didn't have to pay for the game in the first place, and oh, although it's Capitalism, it's also Art and you shouldn't push your views on someone else's art form, even if you are the customer...

Speaking as someone who is annoyed with the way the endings were handled, he does have a few points regarding some of the rabid fans. But he actually comes off as a real douchebag so it's actually quite hard to force myself to pay attention to a couple of those points.

Edit: Hm, and apparently to get an ending where it's possible for Anderson to survive (or at least, not get shot during the sequence with the Illusive Man), according to IGN, if you have an Effective War Assets of 4,000+.

I have to admit, I'm kind of curious why War Assets will have an effect during that sequence... unless it's to represent that Shep and Anderson are in better condition at that point?

War assets do not affect that. IGN is wording it badly. It's a conditional, not a result.

If (WarAssets > 3999) && (Anderson = Lives) then

Shepard = Lives;

Not

If (WarAssets > 3999) then

{

Anderson = Lives;

Shepard = Lives;

}

And he dies either way. Either he dies instantly or he lives long enough to chat, then dies.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And then there's the furor that that IGN journalist who has done a video basically trolling all the irate fans by telling them they have no right to be angry at Bioware or should not demand some change to the ending because Bioware and EA are there to make Money. And you didn't have to pay for the game in the first place, and oh, although it's Capitalism, it's also Art and you shouldn't push your views on someone else's art form, even if you are the customer...

Speaking as someone who is annoyed with the way the endings were handled, he does have a few points regarding some of the rabid fans. But he actually comes off as a real douchebag so it's actually quite hard to force myself to pay attention to a couple of those points.

It's IGN. And I guess Chobot counts for something (waste of resources adding that character).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know that kotaku did something similar about the fans and provided a platform to a dev to do the same thing

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

xUq9t.png

Is there anyone who thinks the ending was good. (game journalists don't count) No ?. End of discussion.

There are a few people who think the ending was 'fine' and I've read a few post from people who claim to love the endings. I'd suggest they're something of a minority though.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Is there anyone who thinks the ending was good. (game journalists don't count) No ?. End of discussion.

Some but I don't know if it's because they really feel that way or because it's part of the job description of a "biodrone".

The endings just don't seem to fit the events that were portrayed just before, which leads me to think they were tacked on time saver type endings or replacements for what was intended to be the real endings.

I don't get ME3 at all the begining shows off every weakness possible and the endings are just bad on every level. But for the most part the middle is quality. I don't think Bioware are good at "editing" or project management going from the last two games. You could have removed chunks of ME3 in the middle and as long as the ending was well done you would have none of this backlash.

"Is there anyone who thinks the ending was good. (game journalists don't count) No ?. End of discussion. "

How horrible. not everyone shares your silly opinion. The majority of people are dumb. I thougt everyone on the internet knew this.. so the fact the 'majority' hate the endings automatially makes them good... right?

There are litterally hundresds if notm thousands of games that have worse endings than ME3. But, BIO is a cool kid on the block and it's the 'in thing' to bash the cool kid.. even as you throw their money at them.

P.S. This so called bio drone is such a fanboy that he rushed out and bought KOTOR MMO on the first day... oooo.. oops no I didn't.. I have touched the MMO at all... R00fles!

P.S.S. Hilarious that the only comeback is 'only biodrones' would like the endings. I say only BIodrones would continue to buy stuff from a company they pretend to hate. Only biodrones would think KOTOR is better than ME and isn't overrated. Only a BIo drone would rag on a solid ending and make it seem worse than it is when there's a subpar beginning to the game that deserves to be ragged on but seems to get a pass. HA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You can get away with a poor beginning, especially when there's an enjoyable middle. But when the ending doesn't carry through, and it's not just the ending to one game's story, but a trilogy... then the ending is of much more importance.

Hudson came out with the "this isn't going to be an A, B, or C ending" quote that's already been referenced here..

and Muzyka's

• Like 1

xUq9t.png

We haven't actually heard your opinion on the game (or its been buried somewhere while ago)?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Choices do matter in the game. It matters throughotu the series including the endings.

And, I've always heard that it's the journey that matters not the destination. Is that phrase out of style now?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest Slinky

Right, finished.

Liked:

- Lots of banter with and between squad mates, and they were good. Made me laugh out loud at times.

Didn't like:

- I don't remember the controls being this bad in ME2? The overall slowness of shepard with the combination of awesome button

I don't remember the controls being this bad in ME2? The overall slowness of shepard with the combination of awesome button

Guest Slinky

I don't remember the controls being this bad in ME2? The overall slowness of shepard with the combination of awesome button

The awesome button was a definite fail, shep handled fine on the x360, but I had issues with cover/rolling due to the a-button approach. OTOH, like somebody said earlier, the rolling mechanism doesn't sound like much, but is a massive improvement to the combat experience. Funny like that.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif