Eh, there's all sorts of dark/grim gritty sci-fi going on. I like to have some general fun space opera with moments of complexity that Babylon 5 gave us. There's no need for every single thing to be dark/gritty and pseudo-post apocalyptic.

It's Bioware and it's dark heroic genres. Just wait until the next Sonic game with romanceable characters and a grimdark setting.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Nah, evil never wins.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

About the ending

The issue I take on the "everything will be smaller neighborhoods" is that every fleet in the galaxy is stuck on earth. This includes the Krogan and Turian leadership. That will not go well.

In 30000 years the Emperor will commence the Great Crusade to unite the scattered human colonies and liberate them from the alien, the mutant and the biotic.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And his twenty clone Shepards.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I got something like 5500.

Yes, it was strenuous to get there, but certainly not impossible.

Actually, it is impossible to get an EMS of 5500 without MP.

I don't know what you people are talking about. My green bar was almost filled completely, despite being stuck with 50% War readiness.

I believe green bar only shows that your effective level is around 2800...not 5500.

About the ending

The issue I take on the "everything will be smaller neighborhoods" is that every fleet in the galaxy is stuck on earth. This includes the Krogan and Turian leadership. That will not go well.

Not necessarily. I don't think I was the only one who heard it, maybe I was the only one paying attention. When everyone charges the beam and the Reaper kills everyone, they call a withdrawal and retreat for the survivors. I imagine at that point a majority of those left get the heck out of there and go home...that also could be why Normandy was leaving as well. If you notice the majority of the fleet is NOT around the citadel at the end cinematic.

For some reason no one's actually noticed...hey...most of the fleet we brought in...it's gone...and the debris field isn't big enough for it to be the remains of the fleet either.

Basically, one way or another it appears the fleets all left already.

In answer to another misnomer

The Mass Relays didn't blow up in the same way they did in Arrival. In that the entire energy of the Relay was cast into the system around it. In the ending of ME3...they don't explode in that major of a way, they still break up, but the energy is redirected across space to another relay (as you can clearly see in the ending scenes). Hence it doesn't continue to destroy the system itself (otherwise the Earth would be destroyed at the end regardless and you'd see the earth basically blow up with the entire Sol System...instead the energy comes from the Citadel, hits the Mass Relay starting a chaing there and continuing it one to another Mass Relay with that energy).

I don't like the endings, but I don't think they are as crazy as people are insisting. I think there is sense behind them, people just dislike them enough that they'll say anything or ignore anything in order to display their dislike.

I think it's simpler just to say, I'd like endings that are more impacted by what I actually did in the game and choices that I make.

Edited by greylord

One thing that does puzzle me.. At various points through the finale sequence, I noticed the "save in progress" message in the bottom of the screen. So, the autosave kicking in. However, you can't actually access that save at any point... Or am I missing something there? Since the game makes yet another autosave when it "returns" you to the Normandy before you head for the finale run up....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Considering they ended with

an Adam/Eve plot and 2001 knockoff,

I'm not expecting them to stick to any one theme anytime soon.

Well more than that

its more Adam, eve, eve, and others. It looked like they had all your party members magically on the Normandy, not just edi/joker

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's definitely *not* a good post, that's grasping at straws because you don't like the ending. It's okay, from what I get the ending is very bad, but don't kid yourself and pretend that there is some Lynch-level multiple interpretation thing going on, it would be extremely inconsistent with the storytelling until that point.

It would be inconsistant with the inconsistant storytelling? I mean, if you see the ending the game gives you as 'real' then:

You can see a teammate that dies on Earth emerging from the Normandy on the jungle planet.

And did you look behind you after Shep gets hit by the Reapers? The setting has changed.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Meh. Whining about dark/sad endings is silly. BIO did say it was a 'dark' game so they give you 'dark' endings. That's cool.

The beginning of ME3 is what people should be complaining about. Probably BIO's worst opening of any game ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Renegade playthrough is brutal. My Shepard was forced to kill her two favourite (ex) squadmates, and the bodycount would've been even greater if she hadn't chickened out and paragon interrupted a couple of other times.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

One thing that does puzzle me.. At various points through the finale sequence, I noticed the "save in progress" message in the bottom of the screen. So, the autosave kicking in. However, you can't actually access that save at any point... Or am I missing something there? Since the game makes yet another autosave when it "returns" you to the Normandy before you head for the finale run up....

I think the saves are made sO that of yOur electricity randomly cuts out you won't loos 2 hrs to work

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, that's an autosave. I crashed in the final sequence, booted it back up, hit "resume" and was back at that spot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

ALSO also,

, but of course you all knew that

Took me this long to have the time to watch it, but it's right on the money.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Mass Relays didn't blow up in the same way they did in Arrival. In that the entire energy of the Relay was cast into the system around it. In the ending of ME3...they don't explode in that major of a way, they still break up, but the energy is redirected across space to another relay (as you can clearly see in the ending scenes). Hence it doesn't continue to destroy the system itself (otherwise the Earth would be destroyed at the end regardless and you'd see the earth basically blow up with the entire Sol System...instead the energy comes from the Citadel, hits the Mass Relay starting a chaing there and continuing it one to another Mass Relay with that energy).

If that's the case then,

More and more energy would build up with each Mass Relay, eventually you'll get to a point where the Mass Relay won't be able to hold that much energy and blow up. And what happens to the Mass Relays at the end of the chain?

Also, all they had to do to unleash the Alpha Relay's energy was break open the eezo core with an asteroid. If all the Mass Relays broke apart, then containment of eezo core would fail and any energy that wasn't used to create the transmission or the pulse would be released

Would you guys do all of us a favor and stop pretending logic has a big part in the 80s scifi homage that is Mass Effect?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Because Bioware has constantly advertised it as being serious sci-fi. Heck, when ME2 came out, they did a special where they had physicists show up and say how great the science in Mass Effect was. Bioware has put a lot of emphasis on how they've tried to have the universe make sense and keep at least some real science without devolving into meaningless technobabble. They were the ones who made it part of the franchise so why should players ignore it just because it's no longer convenient for them?

That and it's fun to apply logic to things.