I saved during the Hammer. Right when doing the Thanix missiles actually. Makes it shorter to go back and redo the endings.

I tried to save numerous times during the London part and couldn't. Even in the area where you have the final talk with your squad. I assumed it was BioWare being silly in its design decisions, but maybe it was a bug?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I saved during the Hammer. Right when doing the Thanix missiles actually. Makes it shorter to go back and redo the endings.

I tried to save numerous times during the London part and couldn't. Even in the area where you have the final talk with your squad. I assumed it was BioWare being silly in its design decisions, but maybe it was a bug?

I had the same thing, managed a couple of saves during the "get a big weapon to take out the airgun" part of it, but from then on out.. I had to rely on autosaves since it didn't seem to allow manual or quick saves. And really, no save during the "final talk" area? That just seems bizarre.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bought some quite expensive life support system for my fish. Those guys better appreciate the sacrifices humanity is bringing for them. Managed to find a single fish species so far :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bought some quite expensive life support system for my fish. Those guys better appreciate the sacrifices humanity is bringing for them. Managed to find a single fish species so far :(

Did you manage to find the super secret space fish?

About the Asari thing.

I don't think they knew how to activate it or glean any kind of information from it. In ME1 the beacon only party activated for Shephard because Saren, who had access because he was indoctrinated, used it a few moments before. Even then all Shephard got was some random images that he couldn't make sense out of.

After obtaining the Cipher, Shephard had full access to understanding Prothean artifacts, which was why Beacon on Thessia activated in his presence.

Of course this really doesn't excuse the Asari hiding the artifact. I guess they thought if they couldn't get anything out of it, then no one could and just didn't want people from all over the galaxy crawling around on their home planet.

Edited by Azure79

Something I don't get about the last mission.

I took Javik and Garrus along in London, and apparently they were vaporized by Harbinger. Yet in the Normandy crash cutscene at the end, Javik (of all people) appeared out of the airlock after Kaidan, who should've been stuck on Earth as well.

Also I did every sidequest (I only missed the one on Eden Prime), took full Renegade decisions through the three games and got 6246 war assets with 50% galactic readiness. So the cake is definitely a lie.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That almost makes me wish that I had cared enough to buy the fish for sale in ME2. I eventually gave in on the ship models-- the couple that I had found looked lonely, so I bought some more. But I saw no reason to take more living beings than I needed along on what was hyped up as a suicide mission.

That almost makes me wish that I had cared enough to buy the fish for sale in ME2. I eventually gave in on the ship models-- the couple that I had found looked lonely, so I bought some more. But I saw no reason to take more living beings than I needed along on what was hyped up as a suicide mission.

Nice fish, I have to find one of those :)

Took me a while to figure out what the Squeek was down in engineering. Took a bit to work out how to catch it ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Something I don't get about the last mission.

I took Javik and Garrus along in London, and apparently they were vaporized by Harbinger. Yet in the Normandy crash cutscene at the end, Javik (of all people) appeared out of the airlock after Kaidan, who should've been stuck on Earth as well.

Also I did every sidequest (I only missed the one on Eden Prime), took full Renegade decisions through the three games and got 6246 war assets with 50% galactic readiness. So the cake is definitely a lie.

How do you know. You still have a 0.5 multiplier.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

No...I don't think it was. After hitting the beam up...it doesn't allow you to save at all.

On another note, the more I read about it, the more I'm thinking the indoctrination theory might be correct. If so, the bigger question is...did you actually destroy the Reapers or not? If it was all you breaking out of their indoctrination...are they really destroyed, or will you have to fight them some more? If you have to fight them some more is that ME4? Or will it they add a patch or something after Japan gets it so that you can actually finish the game?

Edited by greylord

I haven't finished the game yet (not even close, only a handful of hours into it), but judging by the ongoing discussion it sounds like it got the "Matrix Revolutions" treatment?

I haven't finished the game yet (not even close, only a handful of hours into it), but judging by the ongoing discussion it sounds like it got the "Matrix Revolutions" treatment?

Pretty close. Of course, Matrix Revolutions sucked all the way through, this only comes apart on the edge of a crater.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Pretty close. Of course, Matrix Revolutions sucked all the way through, this only comes apart on the edge of a crater.

I should probably have elaborated a bit more, but I thought about WTF endings petering out a bit into technomysticism and weird stuff. Heck, Battlestar Galactica did it too ;)

So far, I'm enjoying it. A bit over the top at times, but it wouldn't be space opera if it wasn't. I like some of the new crew members, not too fond of the ME1 ones. Heck, I even got my own pet reporter on board that I can send out of the airlock if I feel peevish.

I should probably have elaborated a bit more, but I thought about WTF endings petering out a bit into technomysticism and weird stuff. Heck, Battlestar Galactica did it too ;)

Not really, I saw what you were going for. I just find it even more annoying in the ME3 case, as it was perfectly fine until the last hurdle.

And then it crashed and burned.

I found BSG delivered enough closure, though I understand a lot of people were upset with the ending there, as well.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I couldn't save anywhere in London either.

Edited by virumor

I have to admit, I forgot that I didn't have a "kelly" on board to feed my fish. So I was picking them up at the stores but not actually going up to my cabin to feed them.. then I suddenly noticed I had mass collection of dead fish floating in the tank....

Also, I'm a bit conflicted on the whole Reporter character. On the one hand, the idea of the embedded reporter is good, and the interviews are nicely handled. The potential effect it can have on War Assets and such. But the whole "quick and cheesy" romance aspect feels like its pretty much thrown in for the geek "i got to bank Chobot in the game" audience. Also, for all the news reports you can listen to as the game progresses, its a shame you never get to hear any of her actual reports...

On another sidenote, I am tempted to go back and replay the Thessia mission with the Javik the Prothean on my squad. Just to see if there's any interesting additions/alterations to the dialogue and cutscenes there..

On another sidenote, I am tempted to go back and replay the Thessia mission with the Javik the Prothean on my squad. Just to see if there's any interesting additions/alterations to the dialogue and cutscenes there..

Are you kidding? Javik should be brought along in every main mission...

Speaking of Kelly, big whoops for not looking around for her, overhear a conversation how she gets executed after telling a Cerebus guy her name (which...is pretty stupid of her really). Also realized Thane died, I guess I missed his emails, ah well, never liked him that much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, with my Vanguard blipping around the battlefield, I found Liara and Garrus useful the majority of the time.

Both with different sides of ammo-improving powers, and between Singularity/Warp from the one, and Overload/Concussion Shot from the other..