RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Borderlands 2 to have special PC features such as... LAN, Vsync and high resolutions!

Glad they have them, but kinda sad that that's something they're crowing about. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Borderlands 2 to have special PC features such as... LAN, Vsync and high resolutions!

Glad they have them, but kinda sad that that's something they're crowing about. :p

Consider this: the Borderlands PC version sucked. People hated it (the port, not the game). This is just as much sending the message "We won't screw it up this time" to people that have played the first title. Also those kind of features are getting increasingly less common.

Consider this: the Borderlands PC version sucked. People hated it (the port, not the game). This is just as much sending the message "We won't screw it up this time" to people that have played the first title. Also those kind of features are getting increasingly less common.

If that was their intention it'd be much better to promise push-to-talk and FOV control instead.

Vsync comes close to text chat in the list of features PC gamers took for granted.

Should be interesting to see what the UI improvements are

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://youtu.be/9_0f6GDlqdU

Should be interesting to see what the UI improvements are

I admit that in spite of the pot shots I like to take at Witcher and its fans, this would be day1 for me, were it not for my fear that it has been Bowdlerized.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I admit that in spite of the pot shots I like to take at Witcher and its fans, this would be day1 for me, were it not for my fear that it has been Bowdlerized.

In what way? The script was written in English in the first place IIRC.

Uhh, in the way that the game has some Adult Content, which is very prone to getting nuked in a console version which generally has to conform to a certain set of moral standards. As a rule, I refuse to purchase anything censored, so I won't in this case, either, until I can be certain one way or the other.

Well, they censored this islamic (?) carpet stuff very early in Witcher 2. So you cannot buy the game anyway then, Nepenthe. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, they censored this islamic (?) carpet stuff very early in Witcher 2. So you cannot buy the game anyway then, Nepenthe. :>

You sure you want to give me extra reasons to not buy this? ;)

Edit: Well, since you guys are no help as usual (;)), I had to look at it myself, and it looks like cdprojekt is simply referring to the ESRB rating they received for the PC version last year and not making any changes. Well, guess I'll put an order on it, then.

Edited by Nepenthe

Hah, that reminds me. I changed my hardware since then. More ram, new graphic card, new big widescreen. Damn, now I am tensed to replay the game... but still one month of waiting lies in front of me.

And didn't they once said they want to release modding tools? This somehow totally died off.... but I would love to make a Witcher 2 mod or two.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Daedalic's TBA adventure

some pretty nice screens there, lovers of fantasy art should check it out

http://www.daedalic.de/en/game/DSA_Satinavs_Ketten#2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Daedalic's TBA adventure

some pretty nice screens there, lovers of fantasy art should check it out

http://www.daedalic....tinavs_Ketten#2

There's another game being developed that uses the Dark Eye setting, The Dark Eye: Demonicon. A Witcher clone, where originally it had been a Diabloesque game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/03/ea-announces-server-shutdown-for-14-games-citing-dwindling-player-numbers.ars?src=fbk

14 games getting axed online gameplay, including one with Online Pass... Courtesy by EA

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Heh, And with the new Saints Row DLC coming out (The Trouble With Clones), they're doing the "Remember, if you paid for the Season Pass, you'll get the DLC free!"

.. Um, no. If you got the season pass that was paying the price of three dlc's, with a small discount, a year before they were all out. That doesn't mean you get the dlc's free.. it means you already paid for them...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."