Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Somehow I think the actual developers can filter, heh. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_WX_Osgk4&

yeah. Don't know what to say yet.

I like it.

Of course, the Normandy probably doesn't have a child on board.

It's the end of a trilogy. I bet someone gets knocked up.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Whatever happened to those Seeker Swarms the Collectors were using to kidnap entire colonies?

Come on Reapers, you don't use anti-matter weapons, you don't use nukes, you don't use chemical weapons, you don't use genetically engineered diseases, you don't even use paralyzing locust warms. What kind of genocidal eldritch horrors are you?

The Roland Emerich (sp?) kind? :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Isn't DA2 proof that they, in fact, cannot?

My personal pet peeve: I was hoping they would go back to full helmets/hardsuits for vacuum situations. No such luck apparently. Seemingly, explosive decompression is nothing compared to the threat of not looking gorgeous, always.

My only serious turnoff so far is the bloatware. And the fact that my new rig won't arrive in time to play it on release day.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

good god, watched a few previews and demo impressions... is Bioware even trying? the plot... ugh, I don't even want to go there. I just can't figure out, if that Reaper from the first game was capable of destroying entire worlds, why don't they send some of those?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

capture? I thought they wanted to destroy every living thing in the galaxy and repopulate it :geek:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My personal pet peeve: I was hoping they would go back to full helmets/hardsuits for vacuum situations. No such luck apparently. Seemingly, explosive decompression is nothing compared to the threat of not looking gorgeous, always.

They still wear the stupid breather masks instead of proper helmets? Dammit! Oh well, at least Garrus and Tali have/had proper helmets.

Edited by Deraldin

The Reapers want to capture people, kind of like the Borg. Although, that doesn't explain why the Reapers don't nuke earth's military bases first to render the civilian population defenseless.

But in the intro it says the Reapers are there to cleanse all organic life. What are they doing giving them baths ?

"Hey Harbinger pass me that sponge".

The Reapers want to capture people, kind of like the Borg. Although, that doesn't explain why the Reapers don't nuke earth's military bases first to render the civilian population defenseless.

But in the intro it says the Reapers are there to cleanse all organic life. What are they doing giving them baths ?

Well, of course they are going to cleanse organics first. Dirty organics make dirty reapers.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

In ME2 they turned them into a liquid soup for intravenous feeding of baby-reapers. No idea if you've ever played Warhammer 40k, but they are somewhat similar to Tyranids. Difference being that the Reapers seems to seed the galaxy with life by providing the technological means for life forms to spread through mass effect relays to places where the Reapers know where to find them again when it's harvest time.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was going to say that when reading that post. Maybe the :p was proof that Malcador was well aware they aren't?

Because if they can "with user intel" go from DAO to DA2, well, you can expect the worst if they 'listened' here too...

good god, watched a few previews and demo impressions... is Bioware even trying? the plot... ugh, I don't even want to go there. I just can't figure out, if that Reaper from the first game was capable of destroying entire worlds, why don't they send some of those?

I suppose they go with that these are travel-light ships, capable to do what a Sovereign has to do 2000 years over. Also "solves" the issue of why the heck all the ME1 stuff when they pop up just 5 years later...

BioWare: "Problem solved"

And the galaxy minigame, just based on that video, looks worse than ME2. Darnit. What's up with "active scanning"? And yes, I agree the Reapers turning in looked silly too. Wonder if when they catch up it's just game over (I suspect, which would be lame :() or something else entirely...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

In ME2 they turned them into a liquid soup for intravenous feeding of baby-reapers. No idea if you've ever played Warhammer 40k, but they are somewhat similar to Tyranids. Difference being that the Reapers seems to seed the galaxy with life by providing the technological means for life forms to spread through mass effect relays to places where the Reapers know where to find them again when it's harvest time.

I have but I've never collected Tyanids.

I have but I've never collected Tyanids.

Well, in short. It seems like Reapers needs organics for reproduction. Prepare for some hot, steamy Reaper relationships :)

The only part of the game I've seen in vacuum (on Mars) had everybody in hardsuits. Let's not keep mixing non-breathable atmosphere with vacuum, shall we? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

GameStar visited BioWare and interviewed Casey Hudson. Preview here.

They also gonna have the first review up next week.

Zat is of course written in German, but reading through it, ME3 might have the best C&C ever in any BioWare game, possible any RPG ever released. Like, Commander Shepard determining the fate of whole civilizations, depending on how prepared you are and how thorough you play the whole game, certain side missions might open or vanish again. There's definitely tons of replay value there.

Despite the crappy demo, tis is a must-buy anyway. If not for a great game, at least for some cool Shepard memes.