What you did today

Rosbjerg

It is entirely too hot in Philadelphia. 25 degrees in March, what is that about? And why is everyone happyabout this travesty? I want my wind, rain and snow! ;(

Been in the office 11-10, will be glad to go home and try the AOD demo soon.

Was reading a thread on Bioware Social. Saw a remarkable lucid post with an excellent point. Realized it was my own.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Was reading a thread on Bioware Social. Saw a remarkable lucid post with an excellent point. Realized it was my own.

Time to check for Alzheimer or narcissism.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Time to check for Alzheimer or narcissism.

I think it's both, alzheimer for forgetting, narcissism for posting it here. :p

As of yet, I have never posted a thing on Bioware Social..

I think I'm actually kind of proud of that.... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Very hung over today. My brother was passing through and spent the night on Tuesday, then ended up staying until this morning. Last night we drank a whole bottle of Knob Creek between us then broke into a case of Guniess I had that wasn't even cold.

Doing that I violated on of the cardinal rules of booze, never chase liquor with beer. It's ok to do it the other way around but once you start on the had stuff, stick with it.

Youve got it backwards. Its: Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, never sicker.

Very hung over today. My brother was passing through and spent the night on Tuesday, then ended up staying until this morning. Last night we drank a whole bottle of Knob Creek between us then broke into a case of Guniess I had that wasn't even cold.

Doing that I violated on of the cardinal rules of booze, never chase liquor with beer. It's ok to do it the other way around but once you start on the had stuff, stick with it.

Youve got it backwards. Its: Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, never sicker.

Actually, if you mix booze and liquor you'll be better off than just straight booze.

Mythbuster PROVED!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Found some old forum posts from Jumpgate, I was such a griefing bastard back then. Good times.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I'd argue that if you're drinking a half-bottle of whiskey plus a few beers in one night, the order you take them in is fairly unimportant.

Anyhow, the tabletop RPG group I've been playing with has wrapped up its classical Greek campaign, which was great fun. (The primary villain was the rising expansionary influence of Rome-- the "end boss," if you will, was Consul Marcellus, who we killed to relieve the seige of Syracuse.)

The next campaign has me a little nervous. GM responsibilities are shifting to a different player, who is very excited to be running a campaign based in the Farscape setting. Having watched a grand total of 3 Farscape episodes, I don't quite share his excitement (yet), but I'm willing to give it a chance. There is an officially licensed Farscape RPG system, but the GM didn't like that and has instead adapted a system that was designed for the Buffy/Angel setting. (He's apparently quite an afficianado of RPGs based on TV series that I've never watched much of.) I've never seen him run a game before, though, and I doubt he'll be as good as our previous GM, but he did do a good job putting together the rulebook and intro materials.

We did character creation this week, and the system looks pretty cool. It included a method for creating your own alien race, which I was all over. I am rather excited about my character-- a non-combatant mystic illusionist and musician, heavily based on life, music, and philosophy of Sun Ra. (Well, if Sun Ra were a cycloptic telekinetic alien whose scream could melt metal.) I'm also excited by the fact that my wife came along and made a character. It will be quite interesting to see where this particular development goes.

Edited by Enoch

In an effort to not have to give up one of my new cats, I'm trying this:

home_catsbucket.jpg

http://petcomfortzone.com/cats.html

....I'm pretty dubious, plus it's expensive. But if it works I suppose I can deal with that. So far Mr. Grey does appear to be more mellowed/less high strung, at least. Don't know about his hallway spraying problem yet. We'll see.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I'd argue that if you're drinking a half-bottle of whiskey plus a few beers in one night, the order you take them in is fairly unimportant.

Yeah that about sums it up. There is a reason I don't drink to the point of inebriation, usually. Somewhere in my early 30's hangovers went from being a mild inconvienience to a seriously debilitating condition.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ah, spraying. Hes not deballed then?

They're both neutered. Not a guarantee of not spraying/marking, especially if one waits until after they start the behavior to neuter (vs. before 4 months say). Get the feeling it was done later. Mr. Grey's the hall sprayer...maybe once or twice a week. Mr. Black just pees on the inside walls of the litter box occasionally.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mr. Black and Mr. Grey. Maybe I should have given mine easier names, I somehow envy you because I decided it would be funny to give them ridiculous names. My three cats are Dr. Droolbabble, Engelbert Humperdinck and Binkelinus the Third of Liechtenstein.

My girlfriend, however, refuses to call them that and has renamed them Murphy, Rachel and Binky.

Wait, or were those the real names and did mine come later? I forget.

• Like 1

Had an awkward sleep, woke up and gone through the day with that kind of fuzzy headache grinding away and feeling fairly unsocial.

Told a friend and his fiancee that I'd sponsort them for some charity run they're doing..and then found out it's no longer sign some paper and hand them cash. You have to go to the right website, fill out details and pay via credit card or paypal.. I can understand the whole making it easier in some ways to get sponsorship if you're doing it via facebook and social networking..but still. Adding paypal fee's or credit card issues to potential charity.

Ah well, at least it's not as bad as the charity workers who are paid hourly fees to go out and get people to pledge a pound a month. Or the like. When they admit they get paid better then minimum rate, and you see a collection of about 10 of them, spending 6 hours loitering around the village precinct.. It makes you churn the numbers and realise the charity has to get x number of people pledging money just to pay those guys off, before it even gets to what the charity is about.."

Or maybe that's just my antisocial mood today...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had an awkward sleep, woke up and gone through the day with that kind of fuzzy headache grinding away and feeling fairly unsocial.

Told a friend and his fiancee that I'd sponsort them for some charity run they're doing..and then found out it's no longer sign some paper and hand them cash. You have to go to the right website, fill out details and pay via credit card or paypal.. I can understand the whole making it easier in some ways to get sponsorship if you're doing it via facebook and social networking..but still. Adding paypal fee's or credit card issues to potential charity.

Ah well, at least it's not as bad as the charity workers who are paid hourly fees to go out and get people to pledge a pound a month. Or the like. When they admit they get paid better then minimum rate, and you see a collection of about 10 of them, spending 6 hours loitering around the village precinct.. It makes you churn the numbers and realise the charity has to get x number of people pledging money just to pay those guys off, before it even gets to what the charity is about.."

Or maybe that's just my antisocial mood today...

It's a good idea, because it shows how many others have pledged. Mate of mine was doing something charitable, and I pledged 200 quid. After that the average pledge doubled (made up figure, but basically true).

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woke up with the remnants of a hangover from a few days ago, felt crappy, the incredibly vivid dream of a girl I fell out with a few years ago didn't help, you think you're getting over something quite nicely and then a dream can take you right back there...bleh.

Woke up with the remnants of a hangover from a few days ago, felt crappy, the incredibly vivid dream of a girl I fell out with a few years ago didn't help, you think you're getting over something quite nicely and then a dream can take you right back there...bleh.

Was removing random stuff from my hd (procrastinating, should be thesis-mopping-up), when I came upon a pic of my ex. Stung a bit, but was also nice reminder of having been with a really hot girl once. :p

Watched mine win, and their rivals for 3rd place lose. Also, got my mouth abused by a hygienist, but at least no cavities.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra