RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

wow, never expected that to happen. I guess now a new version of Colonization is in order

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Kinda strange. I never got into the Civ games really (except Civ Revolution on console...lulz), and never played any Xcom games, but I think I'm gonna buy this day 1 nonetheless. I trust into Firaxis, they're a quality studio and are backed by a publisher who has the balls to fund and market a game from a supposedly "dead" genre.

All the power to 2K and Firaxis!

Here's hoping we might see an Alpha Centauri sequel or remake.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Here's hoping we might see an Alpha Centauri sequel or remake.

Yeah, BioWare Victory might taste some blood in case Xcom sells well.

Crap, I forgot EA has the rights to this one.

Alpha Centauri 2, powered by Frostbite 2 engine, now with BioWare's emotional engagement

Stupid question: What's the difference between Colonization and Civ anyway? Do they differ in gameplay?

Colonization is much like a more developed version of Sid Meier's previous game Civilization (1991) in visual design and handling, but the two have marked differences in gameplay.[1] Instead of forging a nation from nothing, the player manages the cross-Atlantic expansion of an established one in the service of the Crown. As the colonies become more self-sufficient their subservience shifts from boon towards bane, and to win the player must ultimately declare independence and defeat the Royal Expeditionary Force in battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Colonization

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I guess now a new version of Colonization is in order

I believe they did a somewhat remake of that too

mind = blown

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The new x-com has currently climbed up to the top of my list of most anticipated games. Firaxis know their stuff, and they've got a pretty good track record of remaking classics (true the other classics they've remade has been sid meier games, but still).

i would LOVE dark souls on pc, if only for the possibility of mods.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

my thoughts exactly, skyrim being unforgiving and hardcore? i'd bet that whoever thinks that doesn't last 5 hours with dark souls.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.