Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm keeping any expectations tuned down to a level suitable for a Bethesda rpg. With that approach, I'm sure I'll enjoy it well enough.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The game doesn't deserve a 10 though. It is sorely missing Dragon shapeshifting. :*

And dragon romance.

Well, hopefully it'll have Falcon Punches and Sonic Booms to go with Dragon Shouts for y'all. :)

Kind of regret posting that, also sad to note how much you guys irritate me these days. :lol:

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm sorry that the idea of godlike creatures altering reality with their words bothers you so much.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm sorry that the idea of godlike creatures altering reality with their words bothers you so much.

I'm sorry that people feel to objectify their subjective preferences so that I'm a **** for liking x and y, even when I don't even think that one is better than the other. Kind of like I don''t think that Natalie Portman is better than Chris Evans, but I'd still only like to have sex with her.

I'm sorry that people feel to objectify their subjective preferences so that I'm a **** for liking x and y, even when I don't even think that one is better than the other. Kind of like I don''t think that Natalie Portman is better than Chris Evans, but I'd still only like to have sex with her.

I don't recall anyone pretending their preference was objective. What I have noted is that you have descended into mockery (the sonic boom/falcon punch comment). It's sort of like "hey, have I mentioned that I think dragon shouts are silly today?" We got it, man. Let's move on. Let us let go.

Dragon romance (dromance?) would be cool, who wouldn't like a SO that can breathe fire and destroy villages?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The game doesn't deserve a 10 though. It is sorely missing Dragon shapeshifting. :*

And dragon romance.

Well, hopefully it'll have Falcon Punches and Sonic Booms to go with Dragon Shouts for y'all. :)

Kind of regret posting that, also sad to note how much you guys irritate me these days. :lol:

Funny how this os coming from the guy whose sole aim here is to annoy everyone else.

Edited by Oner

I don't recall anyone pretending their preference was objective. What I have noted is that you have descended into mockery (the sonic boom/falcon punch comment). It's sort of like "hey, have I mentioned that I think dragon shouts are silly today?" We got it, man. Let's move on. Let us let go.

And when I do it - once - it's a major event you get your panties in a bunch over? I can't be so paranoid as to imagine that either I or the game are getting singled out for a special treatment?

But yeah, I broke my rule about not posting in threads about games that don't interest me, I won't do it again. Too bad the rule doesn't apply to other people. :lol:

And when I do it - once - it's a major event you get your panties in a bunch over? I can't be so paranoid as to imagine that either I or the game are getting singled out for a special treatment?
You have a funny definition of 'once', seeing how you constantly bitch. And getting my panties in a bunch? You're the guy who's trying to play some sort of righteous crusader against the unjust.

But yeah, I broke my rule about not posting in threads about games that don't interest me, I won't do it again. Too bad the rule doesn't apply to other people. :lol:

Curious how I never stated an opinion over Skyrim, but you seem to know what I like more than I do.

That's what every professional reviewer appears to do, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Rule for Bethesda products in particular, though-

If you buy on Day 1, then you've already made up your mind that it'll at least be worth the money you put down - the reviews aren't going to help you make a better decision.

If you need reviews and examinations from other people to make up your mind, you have to wait at least a month or two so people finish the game and start seeing just how quick the honeymoon wears off, etc.

I've already preloaded on the assumption that despite many flaws it will give me a decent amount of good fun. No need to click on reviews unless I want to read a bunch of irrelevant spiel.

You have a funny definition of 'once', seeing how you constantly bitch. And getting my panties in a bunch? You're the guy who's trying to play some sort of righteous crusader against the unjust.

But yeah, I broke my rule about not posting in threads about games that don't interest me, I won't do it again. Too bad the rule doesn't apply to other people. :*

Curious how I never stated an opinion over Skyrim, but you seem to know what I like more than I do.

Now you're confusing me, as far as I can tell, I've said absolutely nothing to you. Unless you and Tale are the same person, in which case we have an issue. :lol:

As for your "points". It's funny, I came to this forum because I enjoy games made by Obsidian. I wasn't aware at the time that fellating Bethesda and CDProjekt and putting down Bioware were requisite to being a member of the community. In fact, looking at the games made by said studios, it seems a rather absurd dichotomy to me.

As for annoying everybody... I dunno, I get along surprisingly well with a lot of people here. :)

Oh, this thread's getting better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The reviews aren't surprising. The ES games rarely show their warts in the first 10-15 hours or so, we are too wrapped up in the glamorous vistas and epic open world. That is why they are always worth buying, you are going to get some joy out of those initial hours.

Thankfully once the shine does wear off, the mod community usually gets to work and fixes all the underlying issues.

But all the reviewers played the game for days.

This should be a must read for every time Bethesda game is released: http://nma-fallout.com/content.php?page=features&id=28

I know it's NMA, but there's hardly any reason to single out Bethesda games.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

As for annoying everybody... I dunno, I get along surprisingly well with a lot of people here. :*

I said it's your aim to annoy people, not my fault you suck at it. :lol:

I'm sorry, but you just can't measure up to Volo.

I think that Rybicki Maneuver article was a good one. I tend to side with "ignore scores, read the content," but it makes a good argument for why even that is flawed.

As for annoying everybody... I dunno, I get along surprisingly well with a lot of people here. :*

I said it's your aim to annoy people, not my fault you suck at it. :lol:

I'm sorry, but you just can't measure up to Volo.

Oh, then you are just simply mistaken.

So is it a midnight unlock depending on your local time?

Figures, just when I move from the earliest country in the world...

It's supposed to be by local time. A few regions seem to be missing on that. I've heard that Singapore should have unlocked earlier, but hasn't. And I'm still not clear on if US is all unlocking at the same time or by time zone.