What are you playing now?

Gorth

Started BG1 with Baldur's Gate Trilogy + helluva lot of other mods.

Hopefully I'll get through at least BG1, last time I ran out of steam apparently really close to the end. Really doubtful that I can muster the mental strength to complete the whole boogie, but dammit, I'm going to try!

Fallout3. I need to get my inspiration back in writing my post apocalypse story.

And instead of watching Mad Max or watching/read any of the pivotal post-apocalyptic stories published in the last 20 years, you go park to post-apocalyptia the theme-park edition? Don't get me wrong, Fallout 3 is a fun game, but I wouldn't use it as inspiration for any creative endeavor.

I've already watched Beyond Thunderdome and the Book of Eli. The scenery is what does it for me, especially the ruined city. New Vegas gives me some inspiration but not like F3.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've already watched Beyond Thunderdome and the Book of Eli. The scenery is what does it for me, especially the ruined city. New Vegas gives me some inspiration but not like F3.

Mate, you've presumably seen this thread by yours truly?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Honestly, the issue for me is that they throw in so many "special" melee combatants (guys in armor, guys with blades, guys with shields, guys with stun-batons...) that you don't really FEEL like batman anymore... instead you feel like you're batmans clumsy twin who can't even hit a guy in straight up combat.

For the record, knife wielders can knock out 4 of your life points if they get all the strikes in and have a special dodge/counter mechanic. Shield guys are un-counterable and unblockable and you have to do a special attack to make them vulnerable. Armor guys need you to beat the bejesus out of them for about 5 solid seconds before going down. And the stun-batons can't be attacked from the front.

Clumsy twin? Then you're playing it wrong. And you're pointing out designs as if they were flaws. And jumping on someone is not a special attack, it's a normal part of combat. In fact since you can jump over everyone you're pretty much invincible in combat. 3 armed enemies might pose a problem if you charge in like an idiot but melee is a piece of cake. And that's if you don't use gadgets. With gadgets you're a god of combat.

PS: Catwoman is the greatest female character in video games so far.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

She does put on the goggles in thief vision mode.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played the Limbo demo and would have gotten it but the wife didn't think much of it. Clever game, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yet another reason to be single... >_<

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If a serious relationship means that the girlfriend/wife gets to deside what you are allowed to buy, I haven't been in one either.

My experience so far has been that if a woman doesn't try to control your life, she's cheating on you. Being of the obstinate type (as my continued participation in this forum doubtlessly proves), things tend to end badly in any case. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If a serious relationship means that the girlfriend/wife gets to deside what you are allowed to buy, I haven't been in one either.

When your finances are tied closely together, it is important to have a good dialogue with your partner about purchases. It keeps the relationship healthy. I don't run every $10 purchase on Steam by my wife, but dropping $60 is something I talk to her about. She does the same when she wants a manicure.

Edited by Hurlshot

Finished Tom Clancy's EndWar few days ago. Pretty cool game, but too short and you kind of do the same all the time (probably the reason for why it's so short).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm playing Grotesque Tactics 2. That's fun. I like turn based combat.

I've got that one on my wishlist at Gamersgate. I enjoyed the first one tremendously.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"When your finances are tied closely together, it is important to have a good dialogue with your partner about purchases. It keeps the relationship healthy. I don't run every $10 purchase on Steam by my wife, but dropping $60 is something I talk to her about. She does the same when she wants a manicure. "

All good points, but I doubt you have the guts to tell her no but she likely has no problem tlling you no when she feels neccessary. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

for my wife, the discussion only comes up for purchases of $100 or more. As long as the mortgage gets paid on time, why sweat the small stuff?

she only warns me against buying new games if she knows my "to play" stack is getting to the point of toppling over...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

for my wife, the discussion only comes up for purchases of $100 or more. As long as the mortgage gets paid on time, why sweat the small stuff?

she only warns me against buying new games if she knows my "to play" stack is getting to the point of toppling over...

It used to be a much smaller deal, but now that we are dropping a huge amount on childcare and struggling to get out from an underwater property, we are both a lot more cautious about every purchase. The carefree days of dinners out and weekends playing games are long past :p

As for what I'm playing, I'm having trouble staying motivated about Skyrim. I really am just bidding time for TOR to be released, I don't want to spend anymore time testing it.

All good points, but I doubt you have the guts to tell her no but she likely has no problem tlling you no when she feels neccessary. R00fles!

Everything alright at home Volo? The personal attacks seem out of character for you, particularly one so off the topic. You can talk about it with us if you need to, you are among friends.

struggling to get out from an underwater property,

oof, my brother is in the same situation currently, i feel for you. luckily for me i bought my place at basically the lowest point in the market for our area, and it was a shortsale (fingers crossed, it's gone up about 11% since we bought it 1.5 years ago)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Having another doodle-around on Saints Row the Third causing chaos and mayhem.

I've got all of the Fallout New Vegas dlc now added, so at some point when I'm in the right mood I should start that up again.. but like Hurl, I find I'm waiting for TOR to release so I can jump back into that after my weekend run...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."