What you did today

Tale

Attached myself to Netflix... and found that I have a massive love of the British version of Top Gear.

I've considered getting an account there for sometime, but I hear the movie streaming selection leaves something to be desired. Thoughts?

It's kinda hit and miss. Many of the movies from a few years ago that were popular are unavailable, but several of the newer ones are entirely available. I'd probably end up getting it more for the TV shows.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Netflix streaming is really only about the TV shows.

We won our tourney and I got to take my picture with a very heavy trophy. Then I drove the RV home (about 5 hours) and now I'm inspecting my bruises and trying to rehydrate.

But you're seeing someone and in love, aren't you? Seems just a wee bit harsh to call you the arsehole for being faithful!

Ignore 'em.

well to be fair they probably didn't know i'm in a relationship

the past couple of days have been very odd. i'm living in a city at sea level in what is effectively the beginning of spring, and yet it's been snowing a lot. first time it's snowed in central wellington in like 40 years or something

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Went a bit crazy and pre-ordered Deux Ex: Human Revolution, NHL 12 and Dead Island.

Did you get any bonus out of pre-ordering it vs. getting post-release?

AFAIK all DX:HR preorders in the Nordic countries get the augmented edition/CE bonus in-game content.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got diagnosed ( yesterday ) with stage IV kidney cancer.

Beat that Forumites! :wink:

Presently enjoying a delightful mix of percodan and rum and coke. Tomorrow's schedule is a fast from midnight ( 1 1/4 hrs from now ) til 2 PM or later while they drill out a biopsy to decide if/what they are going to do. Surgery presently scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd.

Pictures at 11. :wink:

Hey tarna, Gfted1 directed me here, really sorry ti hear about your diagnosis, kick cancer's ass!

(Sarah AKA Calliope AKA Pirotess and however many other user names)

x

Presently enjoying a delightful mix of percodan and rum and coke. Tomorrow's schedule is a fast from midnight ( 1 1/4 hrs from now ) til 2 PM or later while they drill out a biopsy to decide if/what they are going to do. Surgery presently scheduled for Tuesday the 23rd.

Hey tarna, Gfted1 directed me here, really sorry ti hear about your diagnosis, kick cancer's ass!

x

I rememeber you...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Well Dead Island was dirty cheap, under 30 euros for PC so pretty much no point in waiting for any Steam sales. Deus Ex was some sort of Limited edition and cost about 36 euros. Other than that no bonusses. I don't buy used games, since no money from those sales go to the publishers&developers.

And I still need to order Battlefield 3, Arkham City and maybe Dark Souls. Dammit. Space Marine, Rage and Skyrim can wait until they are really cheap.

Always a point for waiting for Steam sales :lol: Very principled for you to want the pub/devs to get the cash though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Always a point for waiting for Steam sales :lol: Very principled for you to want the pub/devs to get the cash though.

True, I got plenty of games on my "wait until it's really cheap on steam" list :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

I rememeber you...

"said Nightshape, sending his best wishes from the stalker department". :lol:

Don't be like that, we're talking years ago, I only rememeber the name Pirotess, because she was a character in "Records of the Lodoss War"

Well also there was Missy's Lair and BiS forums...

I rememeber you...

"said Nightshape, sending his best wishes from the stalker department". :)

Don't be like that, we're talking years ago, I only rememeber the name Pirotess, because she was a character in "Records of the Lodoss War"

You can't believe how hard I try not to be like this. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thats where you know her from.

Yup...

My last week of my 40 hr/week UNPAID internship starts today.

so..close..to the end..

I remember after I finished my unpaid student teaching I was close to getting out of education completely. It really tests how much you want to work in a field when you have to do it for free for a ton of hours every week.

I remember after I finished my unpaid student teaching I was close to getting out of education completely. It really tests how much you want to work in a field when you have to do it for free for a ton of hours every week.

Well, a lot of people do that anyway, no overtime :lol: But I agree with the point.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The average games dev lasts 4 years - not many like working for free.

badum-tish

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My last week of my 40 hr/week UNPAID internship starts today.

so..close..to the end..

Yeah, I'm working at a real estate law firm (not necessarily where I want to go with my law degree), but in all honesty it hasn't been too horrible.

x

I rememeber you...

As do I. Greetings all around internet persons.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I thought he just liked Mad About You.

Attached myself to Netflix... and found that I have a massive love of the British version of Top Gear.

I've considered getting an account there for sometime, but I hear the movie streaming selection leaves something to be desired. Thoughts?

It's kinda hit and miss. Many of the movies from a few years ago that were popular are unavailable, but several of the newer ones are entirely available. I'd probably end up getting it more for the TV shows.

Pity. It sounded so promising, thanks for the info.