What you did today

Tale

Come into work. There are three P1 issues to work on. It's an epic battle between apathy and stress. They complain, but I can't say I care that much, hehe, kind of sad that I've become Gibbons - only motivation is to not be hassled o:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Frustrated by a nameless dread of a host of pettyfogging bureaucracy that is clogging my work like dead leaves. Stood up and sky'd my office chair across the room in a magnificent display of total stupidity. I feel much better, and also understand all these anarchist rock throwers a little better.

EDIT: I will also need to rewallpaper my office as I knocked a chunk out of the wall. ;)

Firther edit: if violence is the final argument of kings, then perhaps violence itself makes one feel like a king? It's been far far too long since I did any actual violence. Although naturally it's been not long enough since I had any violence done to me! o:)

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Doing the mild snoopy happy dance for wrapping up a gathering of research. Well, at least this stage.

That and pondering whether to wake the puppy up to get him running around the garden while I take a break.

Firther edit: if violence is the final argument of kings, then perhaps violence itself makes one feel like a king? It's been far far too long since I did any actual violence. Although naturally it's been not long enough since I had any violence done to me! o:)

Important quotes to go with that..

• If violence wasn?t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
  • A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head
  • Your name is in the mouth of others: be sure it has teeth.
  • Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.
  • That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.
  • There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Headed off to my last day in class, then it's packing for the afternoon before flying back to Cali.

Why are you going back to California?

Just visiting family. My dad's birthday/retirement/moving party is tomorrow and I haven't been home for a substantial amount of time since last year.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Headed off to my last day in class, then it's packing for the afternoon before flying back to Cali.

Just visiting family. My dad's birthday/retirement/moving party is tomorrow and I haven't been home for a substantial amount of time since last year.

K, just making sure you werent quitting college. :thumbsup:

Time for a romantic Obsidian forumite rendezvous then

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

K, just making sure you werent quitting college. :thumbsup:

Nah. I am going to have some interesting times because I'm gonna spend basically most of sunday writing a paper that I'm playing with right now. If I don't think it's quite ready I'll throw my professor an Email (He literally sent me an email saying "If it's not up to your normal standard, you can email me and we'll talk about it") to get a tiny bit more time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I really need to quit drinking.

Like hell you do. You just need to quit hangovers.

Ow ow ow.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Like hell you do. You just need to quit hangovers.

Ow ow ow.

I rarely if at all get hangovers.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

You should.

Someone's watching a string of Johnny Cash documentaries.. and I don't know if its catching some of that music in the background, but I've slid into a really depressive feeling as the afternoon has worn on...

I'm trying to cheer myself up by thinking it's only about 16 days before Deus Ex is released. But then I'm bouncing back on my graphics card dying bit.. and I'm trying to limp on a little more with it before having to spend money on the replacement. It's the whole "I can kind of deal with crash outs and a few display glitches.. so until it really , truly dies....." :lol:

Of course, it looks like that's going to happen any day now..but I'm nursing it along...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a pretty funny dream that I was a 40k dreadnought and was rampaging through the area I work in, crushing suits and wrecking cars. Really should get my head checked someday.

Had a pretty funny dream that I was a 40k dreadnought and was rampaging through the area I work in, crushing suits and wrecking cars. Really should get my head checked someday.

Visit my old workplace and my current boss' office first please.

They might just oblige you and put you in a small comfortable space with no option for getting out.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nahh, I always wanted to be a Chaplain, rather than a Dreadnought. Hm, wonder if they have Chaplain Dreads, that'd be a cool sight - a giant walker screaming motivational things.

Nahh, I always wanted to be a Chaplain, rather than a Dreadnought. Hm, wonder if they have Chaplain Dreads, that'd be a cool sight - a giant walker screaming motivational things.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...READNOUGHT.html

Well, fluff-wise anyway. I suppose it'd work ok anyway, not like Librarian-Dreadnought. Should probably get a Dreadnought and paint it up. A nice relaxing day of work on Saturday, further frustration with this byzantine application, but is immensely satisfying when it works.

My booze haul from Bend Oregon was pretty modest, I picked up a couple big bottles of something called Conflux #2 that Deschutes makes seasonally, and a big jug of something from a small brewery called the Boneyard. Both are twists on Belgian Whites.

We are in Redding for the night and will head home tomorrow morning.

Well, fluff-wise anyway. I suppose it'd work ok anyway, not like Librarian-Dreadnought. Should probably get a Dreadnought and paint it up. A nice relaxing day of work on Saturday, further frustration with this byzantine application, but is immensely satisfying when it works.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod900150a

This multi-part plastic kit contains 68 components, including three sarcophagi, which can be used to make a Furioso Dreadnought, a Librarian Dreadnought or a Death Company Dreadnought.

And I didn't even have to go to Forge World for that! ;P

I hoped I would've gotten to splash some colours on a Ravager today, but spent most of yesterday with an incapacitating headache, so will work instead. ;)

It was nice to see the Red Sox get lucky & beat CC to win the 2nd game of the weekend series. ;)

Since I seem to be in non-gamer mode (and likely will stay that way until winter) I've been doing all kinds of little things this month (edit:the past month, I guess it's Aug. already). I'm feeling super-organized again, too, instead of half-organized. Feels good.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have to work today to catch up on several back burner projects which have been slipping. But the weather is awful, so not much lost.

had dream last night where plot mechanic was a bit like the film Memento, where someone is trying to remember, except in this case they are trying to think of a thing. The lead character was being left 'questions' in tablet form. each one contained some chemical associative stimulants to triger thoughts in a specific user's mind - taste of a specific birthday cake, for example - that would come togther to form both an unresolved missing datum and the powerful desire to solve it. I think the author if the questions was going to turn out to be some sort of Gibson AI, but I got woken up by my houseguest coughing!

-Elwood Blues