Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

Holy crap that concept art looks amazing. Also, I'm slow but does that weird indent on Jensen's forehead have the Sarif industries logo in it? Poor guy is walking product placement.

Yeah, it represents brain implants.

Actually he got shot in the head, that's the bullet hole. It comes with the advertising

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's pronounced 'deius', as in 'god in the machine', drunk spastic.

Deus sure as hell ain't pronounced deius by anyone able to actually speak a language that is not English. :skull:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Holy crap that concept art looks amazing. Also, I'm slow but does that weird indent on Jensen's forehead have the Sarif industries logo in it? Poor guy is walking product placement.

I'm uncomfortable with the unhealthy lifestyle choices he is making.

The perspective in that picture is all kinds of messed up between Adam and the couch and guns and side table it just looks like a crappy photoshop of two completely different images

The term "concept art" generally doesn't mean photo-realistic... :skull:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Deus sure as hell ain't pronounced deius by anyone able to actually speak a language that is not English. :skull:

It's latin dude. Nobody really knows. Google says 'deɪ əs ɛks ˈmɑ kə nə' If anyone here remembers their phonetics course, that's what I said. Excepting that I didn't use proper symbols.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's latin dude. Nobody really knows. Google says 'deɪ əs ɛks ˈmɑ kə nə' If anyone here remembers their phonetics course, that's what I said. Excepting that I didn't use proper symbols.

It didn't really kick in till the 1100's or so, when it shifted more to Deus for church latin rather then the original "Classic Latin". Most english dictionaries have it described as "de-us" or "dee-us" for pronunciation.

The perspective in that picture is all kinds of messed up between Adam and the couch and guns and side table it just looks like a crappy photoshop of two completely different images
looks like he painted over a render instead of figuring out what a sitting human really looks like from that angle in that kind of sofa.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Gotta love the silencer's shape, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Deus sure as hell ain't pronounced deius by anyone able to actually speak a language that is not English. :huh:

The ****. You know that latin is the official language of Vatican. It's not like we are speculating on a dead language here, ffs. And it's not like my dad's a retired latin professor. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What, no joke about electronic old men?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Whats kind of amusing is that the first ps3 review of the game has given it an 8/10.. but the waiting fans are slating the reviewer for describing the game as "not as direct as Call of Duty, but not as expansive and open as Fallout. Instead it's somewhere in the middle"...

The DE forums are awash with people turning phrases like "my favourite colour is somewhere between Black and White."

The DE forums are awash with people turning phrases like "my favourite colour is somewhere between Black and White."

I like that. It's got a ring to it.

Not having read the aforementioned review, the idea behind the fan commentary is sound.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

All that optimism and hope on the official forum is too much to bear, heh. I should have tried that leak when it came out, ah well.

Apparently from reviews, the boss fights suck, but that's about all there is bad to it.

Edited by Malcador

All that optimism and hope on the official forum is too much to bear, heh. I should have tried that leak when it came out, ah well.

Pretty much everyone I've heard of who played the leak turned even more enthusiastic fan-boyish. And a couple of people did the "i wasn't planning on worrying too much on when I got this game..but now I've pre-ordered it."

So I'd say that sort of response from an unfinished 10 hour journalist demo is a good reason for people to stay optimistic.

PC Gamer UK has apparently given it a 94% - Saying that pretty much the key reason it didn't get the 95% the original DE got was because while DEHR has the atmosphere it isn't actually as revolutionary.

At 94% ? making it among the highest-scoring games in PC Gamer?s history. The original, released back in 2000, earned itself a 95% rating, and the mag has repeatedly referred to Ion Storm?s classic as the best game ever.

It's absolutely the Deus Ex of our age, a genuinely worthy prequel, and a game that puts almost everything else in the genre to shame.

Official Playstation Magazine

OPM's 8/10 is a little more critical of the PS3 version than PCG's whopping 94% verdict. Critic Leon Hurley writes that the game is a "curious hybrid" of stealth, action, RPG and story - but manages to pull it off with aplomb... for the most part. "It's not as direct as a sci-fi COD, nor as expansive or open as Fallout," he writes. "Instead it's somewhere in the middle." OPM concludes that the game does the Deus Ex series "proud" - "providing an absorbing world to investigate and a satisfying freedom to play by your own rules". Slight gripes come when discussing background characters "cycling routines", frustrating boss fights and long loading screens that "break the mood". Overall, though, the PS3 Deus Ex: Human Revolution review gives the two thumbs up. The game's described as having a plot that's "basically James Bond of the future" in a world with "lush art direction". Hurley writes: "It doesn't reach Killzone 3 levels of splendour, but it's impossible not to be wowed by the neon-drenched presence of Hangsha in China."

Official Xbox Magazine has given it a 10/10

Pretty much everyone I've heard of who played the leak turned even more enthusiastic fan-boyish. And a couple of people did the "i wasn't planning on worrying too much on when I got this game..but now I've pre-ordered it."

So I'd say that sort of response from an unfinished 10 hour journalist demo is a good reason for people to stay optimistic.

Well, it'd have to be outright terrible for fanboys to not become more so, no ? Heh. Amusing how revolutionary is worth 1% though. Ahh percentage scales on reviews :)

Edited by Malcador